• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Stunned by Johnny Manziel

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Are they that stupid? Did they really think this wasn't a good possibility?

Report: Browns stunned by Johnny Manziel's 'non-stop antics'

By Frank Schwab 2 hours ago Shutdown Corner

At a time when the Johnny Manziel story should start to focus almost solely on football, some members of the Browns organization have turned it into another examination of his off-field life.
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote a story, citing anonymous Browns sources, saying the team is "alarmed" by his actions since the draft. Manziel has been seen at various parties this offseason. The story said the team was worried enough about a photo of Manziel apparently rolling up a $20 bill that coach Mike Pettine told Cabot that he called the rookie quarterback from his vacation in Hawaii to get answers. The Plain Dealer pointed out that tight-rolled bills are often used for drug use, although there was no evidence in the photo that's what Manziel was doing, Pettine reached out to ask him about it. According to the story, Pettine said he planned to address it again with Manziel face-to-face when he reported for camp with the other rookies on Wednesday.
It isn't just the one photo, either. The Browns sources who talked to Cabot said the team was promised by Manziel before the draft that he would tone down his partying, and the Browns have been "stunned by his non-stop antics" since they took him.
This is a big story for a few reasons. Cabot is one of the best and most respected voices on the Browns beat, so there's little doubt to the legitimacy of what she wrote. Also, take into account the timing and purpose of the story. The Browns knew the talk of Manziel's actions off the field would take a back seat to his quarterback competition with Brian Hoyer once training camp started. The Browns could have easily been quiet about their off-field satisfaction and let the narrative change to Manziel's progress as a player. The sources speaking to Cabot had to know how her story would play out, and they're likely aware that it would put the spotlight back on Manziel's partying on the day the Browns report to camp, when the media attention is high. Instead of protecting their young quarterback, some sources within the Browns set out to do the opposite. It has been less than three months since the Browns took Manziel with the 22nd overall pick, and some within the organization are already seemingly taking a combative stance with the former Heisman winner.
And, there was a troubling football aspect to the story too. The story said Manziel "regressed in practice after the first week of organized team activities," and the team thinks he wasn't dedicated enough to learning the playbook because he was flying around the country and partying. The story said he has already lost ground in the quarterback competition before camp starts.
Manziel has tremendous talent, which is why the Browns took him in the first place. His partying became a big story at Texas A&M, and he still was one of the greatest quarterbacks in college football history his two seasons there. All of this might blow over because Manziel gets his chance in the preseason and dominates on the field.
But as Browns camp starts, the team's dissatisfaction with their rookie quarterback is in the spotlight. It seems like a message is being sent.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have gotten a vet, like maybe Josh Gordon, to mentor him on how to stay on the straight and narrow.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am shocked & appalled"

Wait, no I'm not. Who didn't see this coming? Can anyone think of a young potential franchise QB who came into the NFL acting like Johnny 8-Ball who became a successful franchise QB?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured the OP would say "when he hopped into the showers on day 1 it was discovered that he isn't hung like the stallion he portrays... Instead, he is in fact, the owner of a needle dick.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured the OP would say "when he hopped into the showers on day 1 it was discovered that he isn't hung like the stallion he portrays... Instead, he is in fact, the owner of a needle dick.

85171_o.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are upset now just wait till they watch him pass up open WRs to run around like he did at A&M

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are shocked?

As one guy on TV said, "what did they expect, have they been living under a rock up there in Cleveland?"

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to start him from the get-go.

I want to see this fool get destroyed.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am shocked & appalled"

Wait, no I'm not. Who didn't see this coming? Can anyone think of a young potential franchise QB who came into the NFL acting like Johnny 8-Ball who became a successful franchise QB?

Joe_Namath,_Ft_Lauderdale,_Fl._1967.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to start him from the get-go.

I want to see this fool get destroyed.

And you know every DE, DT and LB for their Week 1 opponent is hoping for the same.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom, if I'm not mistaken, the The Hungarian Howitzer always liked his ladies but didn't start the major partying until the Super Bowl win.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he goes out and plays well all this stupid caring about what he is doing in his free time will stop.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you can call Namath a "franshise QB". But like it was previously stated, he didn't start out a celebrity QB, he grew into that.

That still only makes 1 out 250+ starting QBs in the history of the NFL to start out "kinda like" Johnny 8-Ball & became a successful QB. That is one hell of a ratio.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he goes out and plays well all this stupid caring about what he is doing in his free time will stop.

Absolutely, but go out and play well first. It's a big, big, big jump from college to the NFL. Only a few players can step in and make an impact from the start. Prove it first, THEN you can go out and party. And when I say party, I mean within reason. The Cleveland Browns have a lot of money tied up in that young man.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it stunning that a prima donna bitch is being a prima donna bitch all of the sudden!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe was a spectacle before he went to New York and then he became Broadway Joe. He was brash and bold. America, other than Alabama, didn't pay attention to him until after his prediction of a Super Bowl victory for the Jets was achieved.
He was the best pure passer I ever watched, every one was a spiral.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are upset now just wait till they watch him pass it 60 yds down the field like he's waiting for Evans to push everybody down and jump ball it.

:nod:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the point of this story was that Manziel promised the Browns he would stop and he's not doing it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point of this story was that Manziel promised the Browns he would stop and he's not doing it.

I think Screech needs the nickname "Honey Badger" now cause, obviously, he doesn't give a shit.