• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Stunned by Johnny Manziel

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel can do all the partying he wants, as long as he throws TD's when he hits the field. That's all anybody cares about. No TD's? No Manziel! Seinfeld said it best when he said, "you're cheering for laundry"!

The media, as always these days, is irrelevant.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word from camp is that so far he's not looking all that great, making the typical rookie mistakes.

The Browns are probably still going to start him when the season starts, and that first INT and loss, the floodgates will open on them.......

I thought Hoyer was gonna be the starter on opening day?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel can do all the partying he wants, as long as he throws TD's when he hits the field. That's all anybody cares about. No TD's? No Manziel! Seinfeld said it best when he said, "you're cheering for laundry"!

The media, as always these days, is irrelevant.
:agree:

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you guys care about Manziel's offseason. It was only a big deal because you all keep saying it was. What, he had a few beers and took a few selfies?

Must mean he's never gonna be a good football player, right? Please... he partied all through his Heisman winning season, too.

Chill out, people.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partied like a rock star when I was 21...and I was broke!
The guy is not a starter, he works hard, and he is hounded by the press and every move is scrutinized. So he is basically taking the screw you I'll do what I want approach. Good for him. What could the Browns do? Drop him to the practice squad? Trade him? The fan base is already wound up with manziel mania. His browns jersey is the #1 seller nation wide. Who cares at this point if he has a fun lifestyle. Write an article when he is a starter and the team misses the playoffs because of it.

great recipe for failure

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad practice for Manziel

Reports are he's not even CLOSE to looking good right now. His flaws are evident.......can't read a defense, makes poor decisions, bad mechanics.

As I said pre-draft.......he's a long term project. They're going to have to coach him up, but I don't know if it's better for them to just start him and take his lumps.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would better for him to spend a couple years practicing and holding a clip board on game day. If they throw him in too early then he really will live up the expectations of all the haters.

The same could be said about a lot of rookie QB's. As a former Houston Oilers fan, I remember when McNair rode the bench behind Chandler (and Chandler wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard) for a while before he got the nod and his first couple of seasons were still pretty rough.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he goes out and plays well all this stupid caring about what he is doing in his free time will stop.

It will be a process. My hope it that he ultimately is able to tear it up in the league, and I realize that I am in the minority when I say that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would better for him to spend a couple years practicing and holding a clip board on game day. If they throw him in too early then he really will live up the expectations of all the haters.

The same could be said about a lot of rookie QB's. As a former Houston Oilers fan, I remember when McNair rode the bench behind Chandler (and Chandler wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard) for a while before he got the nod and his first couple of seasons were still pretty rough.

Fair enough, but it's not like Hoyer is going to tear up the league. There's only so much you can learn holding a clipboard. At some point he's going to have to go out and prove he has what it takes. I think it's better for him to get that dose of reality early - he got by on pure athleticism in college. He needs to see that his work ethic and the mental aspect of the game are more important than his natural talents.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry too much...

LeBron James went back to Cleveland. That's somehow supposed to help Johnny Manziel. I read so on multiple sports headlines.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but it's not like Hoyer is going to tear up the league. There's only so much you can learn holding a clipboard. At some point he's going to have to go out and prove he has what it takes. I think it's better for him to get that dose of reality early - he got by on pure athleticism in college. He needs to see that his work ethic and the mental aspect of the game are more important than his natural talents.

Throw him out there too soon and he'll be the next Colt McCoy. McCoy had the potential to be a pretty decent NFL QB. I don't watch a lot of NFL besides the Cowboys so i never really saw how he did at Cleveland but since he was gone pretty quick im assuming that they started him before he was ready. Bowns should hold their horses.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw him out there too soon and he'll be the next Colt McCoy. McCoy had the potential to be a pretty decent NFL QB. I don't watch a lot of NFL besides the Cowboys so i never really saw how he did at Cleveland but since he was gone pretty quick im assuming that they started him before he was ready. Bowns should hold their horses.

Colt doesn't have the armstrength to be a starting QB. They played him because they didn't have a choice with injuries to other QBs on the roster. What the Browns failed to do was what they fail to do with EVERY QB they have......attempt to develop him and build an OL around him. Colt had no WRs and no running game either. Manziel has a Browns roster with decent WR options and a decent OL. They aren't world beaters but they're better than what Colt had.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Manziel is that there is a certain decorum that is expected of rookies in the NFL. They are expected to come in, keep their mouth shut, learn and stay out of the limelight until they have actually accomplished something.

I get that Manziel is doing what normal twenty something year olds do. However, he is not a normal twenty something year old. The fact that he apparently told the Browns that he would tone it down and hasn't, makes him look dishonest and like he was just saying whatever he needed to because he was dropping in the draft.

With the seasons that he had at aTm, he should have been a top 10 pick. Largely because of his off the field stuff, he drops to 22nd and practically had to beg the Browns to take him. Then he comes in and does the very thing that he told them he wouldn't do.

I don't know if the Browns should be stunned by this, but I don't blame them for being pissed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep hoping...

not on my team, so I don't honestly care if they don't let up. I'm just saying what everyone realizes though. Win, and you can be a douche. Lose, and being a douche will get you killed in the media by "unnamed people associated" with the team.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not on my team, so I don't honestly care if they don't let up. I'm just saying what everyone realizes though. Win, and you can be a douche. Lose, and being a douche will get you killed in the media by "unnamed people associated" with the team.

I don't really remember Manziel winning all that much and he got away with being a douche in college (19-6 is winning now???). I do remember him running around in circles for 5 minutes without being tackled and throwing 50 yard bombs to Evans though. It was highly damn entertaining and must watch TV. I'm gonna miss the guy playing college ball. I have a really good friend of mind who is a long time suffering Browns fan so I hope Manziel is successful and that poor bastard gets to see a winner as an adult.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really remember Manziel winning all that much and he got away with being a douche in college (19-6 is winning now???). I do remember him running around in circles for 5 minutes without being tackled and throwing 50 yard bombs to Evans though. It was highly damn entertaining and must watch TV. I'm gonna miss the guy playing college ball. I have a really good friend of mind who is a long time suffering Browns fan so I hope Manziel is successful and that poor bastard gets to see a winner as an adult.

19-6, that is just winning 76% of the time. That is terrible, isn't it Hookem?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad practice for Manziel

Reports are he's not even CLOSE to looking good right now. His flaws are evident.......can't read a defense, makes poor decisions, bad mechanics.

As I said pre-draft.......he's a long term project. They're going to have to coach him up, but I don't know if it's better for them to just start him and take his lumps.

Maybe he could hit his targets better if they wore uniforms like this:

club-America-13-14-Nike-Home-Football-Shirt_crop_north.jpg