• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/3 GDT Freak @ gnats

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair, it's hot as fuck down here in the south. He's always sucked in hot weather, so my expectations were a bit tempered.

I mentioned this yesterday........but who cares?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Aaron Rowand has 12 AB against Zimmerman, and has only struck-out twice. That surprises me.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice way to get the road trip started. The bullpen owes timmy a code red at some point.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic performance by our "ace".

He used to be able to rise above the circumstances. Now it seems he is sinking below the circumstances even before he gets out there. What the hell is the matter with him?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pathetic performance by our "ace".

He used to be able to rise above the circumstances. Now it seems he is sinking below the circumstances even before he gets out there. What the hell is the matter with him?

I don't know everything that's wrong, but he loses focus way too much - that meatball he threw to Zimermann for the second run was inexcusable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy's ERA now officially above the Bombko line again, 6.17. What a nightmare of a season for him. If he had pitched halfway decently, and the Giants could even hit .230 with RISP, we'd have clinched already.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know everything that's wrong, but he loses focus way too much - that meatball he threw to Zimermann for the second run was inexcusable.

He's getting lit up as much as he is lighting up, perhaps. Seems mental to me, as he is throwing hard, and the pitches have movement.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says Timmy gave up 8 earned runs on MLB.com.

However, if the runner moved to 3rd on the error, and then scored on the sac fly, isn't that an unearned run? Not that it matters a helluva lot at this point. Why not give Lincecum the ER's for the rest of the game also?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's getting lit up as much as he is lighting up, perhaps. Seems mental to me, as he is throwing hard, and the pitches have movement.

He lacks the ability to hit spots consistently, right now. And he's not using the natural movement on the two-seamer very well, either. He's never had to use it much in the past. Throwing it to lefty over the plate is not smart. On the other hand, he does seem to take pitches off, which causes him to lose count leverage. It's just a cluster fuck of issues - part mental, part strategic, part mechanical.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It says Timmy gave up 8 earned runs on MLB.com.

However, if the runner moved to 3rd on the error, and then scored on the sac fly, isn't that an unearned run? Not that it matters a helluva lot at this point. Why not give Lincecum the ER's for the rest of the game also?

This seems correct, depending on what occurred after the sac-fly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lacks the ability to hit spots consistently, right now. And he's not using the natural movement on the two-seamer very well, either. He's never had to use it much in the past. Throwing it to lefty over the plate is not smart. On the other hand, he does seem to take pitches off, which causes him to lose count leverage. It's just a cluster fuck of issues - part mental, part strategic, part mechanical.

It really is puzzling, given how excellent he has been in the past. You gotta wonder whether the humiliation will motivate him or do him more harm.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we learned a little more about Timmy2012 today. While he looked better against 2 not so great/really awful hitting teams at our pitcher's park of a home field, he's still got a long way to go.

It might take him all year, who the hell knows? I do think he has a new ceiling as a pitcher, however. I don't see any way this guy can be an ace again. He might round into a very solid 3rd starter which is all this team needs.

But it's pretty sad seeing this happen. :tsk:

Maybe it's an Adam Dunn situation (I know hitting grooves and pitching grooves aren't at all the same), his 2011 was historically awful and he's having a great year again this year.