• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, my point for Miami, is you have to start somewhere though

Wade attracted LeBron.

You have to have some kind of attraction in todays NBA because- as we can see- free agents are prizing winning a lot more than anything else right now. Shit- Kevin Durant decided to go team up with a bunch of all stars.

The Mavericks have been trying to get a franchise player through FA for years now to no avail.

Those high level FA's just really dont move that much anymore- and if they do move- its to a place that already has a bonafide all star they can team up with.

Not only that- but right now Miami being capped out for the foreseeable future prevents any kind of FA going there even fi they wanted to--- at least for the next 2 offseasons- knda why ive been unimpressed with Riley of late--- a lot of money in decent but not great players like JJOhnson, T Johnson, Onlyk, Waiters etc.--- and of course the albatross- Blancote

End of the day, there's only 1 winner.
True fans can enjoy their team even if they aren't the best.
I enjoy watching all of the leagues top players.
Of course its the most fun when you have that type of player on your team, but I also appreciate players who give 100%, which the Heat has plenty.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is good.

I think Miami has more trade possibilities with their players than Cleveland does however.
ehh....see thats where i kinda disagree

Like i said- at least JR is basically expring after this year since i think only 4 or 5 of the 16M is guaranteed the following year.

TT is an anchor at 18M--- but Clarkson at 13M is not impossible to move.....Hill at 18 is pretty hard to move---

but...Tyler Johnson at 19M GEEZUS.....Waiters after the injury issues? and Whiteside with 2 years 52? You know how hard it is to find a team that can even scramble together a contract that big so that the money works out both ways? youd have to take some serious poop back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would u do the Cavs a favor and have the Zards trade them Wall for the Brooklyn pick and other random stuff?

Wall would be great with LeBron and Love.....and the Wiz can start over....Wall would thrive without having to be the man and carry the load- something i think its proven he has a hard time iwth.

Haha.

If that pick hits top 3, you have a deal!

Seriously though, I have to say you have been downright pleasant to deal with since your return. You are a damn good poster when you stay out of the drama.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I went to around half the games this year.
At best, its a near 6 hour adventure between driving and game time, let alone the cost, plus trying to figure out having dinner.
You take the good with the bad, but nobody wants to go through that knowing you are going to lose most every game.

How far do you live from the arena?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.

If that pick hits top 3, you have a deal!

Seriously though, I have to say you have been downright pleasant to deal with since your return. You are a damn good poster when you stay out of the drama.

Much better than that Pacers fan lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh....see thats where i kinda disagree

Like i said- at least JR is basically expring after this year since i think only 4 or 5 of the 16M is guaranteed the following year.

TT is an anchor at 18M--- but Clarkson at 13M is not impossible to move.....Hill at 18 is pretty hard to move---

but...Tyler Johnson at 19M GEEZUS.....Waiters after the injury issues? and Whiteside with 2 years 52? You know how hard it is to find a team that can even scramble together a contract that big so that the money works out both ways? youd have to take some serious poop back.

I think Whiteside is movable. He shouldn't be, but there are still a few league execs who think it is 1995.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day, there's only 1 winner.
True fans can enjoy their team even if they aren't the best.
I enjoy watching all of the leagues top players.
Of course its the most fun when you have that type of player on your team, but I also appreciate players who give 100%, which the Heat has plenty.
see- if there is only 1 winner then why do you care if a team is mediocre? I can buy the mediocre argument until you say the 1 winner crap--- to me, you start contradicting itself at that point. If the 1 winner is all that matters than tank tank tankaroo Sixers style.

But- i do understand the argument against tanking in that there are no guarantees- like we were talking about earlier today with the Sixers--- they tanked for a while--- and 2 of the guys they took high in the lotto were Okafor and Noel.....and Fultz certainly seems risky at this point as well. The Cavs of course got shit on with Bennett and Waiters--- and toa certain extent TT.

If you are gonna tank you gotta commit to that shit for at least 2-3 years and do everything you can to really rip it down. No half measures.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far do you live from the arena?

In miles, around 35, but the traffic can be brutal.
Always is at the same 2 places.
Plus, its our busiest time of the year.
Luckily I don't require much sleep.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is premature anyway. Does 3 wins against the 6 seed mean the process worked?

The future is bright in Philly, for sure, but they haven't justified anything yet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Whiteside is movable. He shouldn't be, but there are still a few league execs who think it is 1995.
ehh. like i said---- just cobbling together 25M in contracts is not easy.....i mean- if you wanted to take back Evan Turner hes movable....but I dont think you could expect to get back anything that you would actually be happy about taking back ya know?

I mean if the Heat offered Whiteside for Otto Porter would you do it? I would guess no. Regie Jackson and Jon LEuer? John HEnson and Delly? Mike Conley or Parsons? Evan Turner and Mo Harkless? Kanter and Courtney Lee? Gallinari? Maybe Robin Lopez and ASik since they are both expiring? Alan Crabbe and DeMarre Caroll?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see- if there is only 1 winner then why do you care if a team is mediocre? I can buy the mediocre argument until you say the 1 winner crap--- to me, you start contradicting itself at that point. If the 1 winner is all that matters than tank tank tankaroo Sixers style.

But- i do understand the argument against tanking in that there are no guarantees- like we were talking about earlier today with the Sixers--- they tanked for a while--- and 2 of the guys they took high in the lotto were Okafor and Noel.....and Fultz certainly seems risky at this point as well. The Cavs of course got shit on with Bennett and Waiters--- and toa certain extent TT.

If you are gonna tank you gotta commit to that shit for at least 2-3 years and do everything you can to really rip it down. No half measures.

I mean if you were already bad, I could live with sucking for a couple years, but that just isn't the case here.
I'd rather have a season like this and draft a player like Bam, then be on the edge of the lottery and hope to get someone slightly better.

In addition, the league decreased the odds for the worst teams getting the best picks starting next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this is premature anyway. Does 3 wins against the 6 seed mean the process worked?

The future is bright in Philly, for sure, but they haven't justified anything yet.
ehhh.....i dunno man.

Simmons is 21...Embiid is 24....Saric is 24....Covington is 26.....Fultz is only 19...and they still have a great pick coming from either Sacramento or LAL.

I dunno if there is a young core in the league id rather have....probably not.

If you could have the TWOLVES with Towns, Butler and Wiggins--- or the Sixers--- man i gotta say id rather go Sixers. PEls just won a playoff series with Anthony Davis--- but damn id PROB rather have the Sixers overall roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

From a GM standpoint, all you can do is assemble a roster that puts you in the conversation. It is up to the players and coaches to do the rest. There is a lot more work to be done in Philly, but Simmons and Embiid are for real. That means the process has absolutely worked even if it doesn't eventually lead to any championships.

The Sixers are in the conversation.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they stay healthy, they have two elite/franchise players.
Thing is, they sucked for way more then 2 seasons.
Let's talk about some of their other 'trust the process' picks who absolutely were terrible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Heat--- id call Dallas about Harrison Barnes.....that trade would work straight up. Im not sure who would be more inclined to say no to that deal between the teams. Dallas did show some interest in Whiteside.

Wes Mathews is an expiring contract. take him back and get dallas to throw in some kind of asset maybe that evens out the salaries.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Heat--- id call Dallas about Harrison Barnes.....that trade would work straight up. Im not sure who would be more inclined to say no to that deal between the teams. Dallas did show some interest in Whiteside.

Wes Mathews is an expiring contract. take him back and get dallas to throw in some kind of asset maybe that evens out the salaries.

This summer will be interesting. I think Pat has something up his sleeves.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Stephen A. He says dumb things but he at least has his own voice and is occasionally right.
I always liked him, but now hes reaching. There is nothing bold about that prediction. Its about matchups, and coaching. Thats the playoffs. And if you can throw in some intensity and physicality and the refs dont completely shit on the flow of a game like the last Wash vs Tor game, those are the teams that win. Philly presents match up problems all the way around. They need Joel. The formula was set. Crowd the paint, play zone against Ben, fucker cant shoot, game set match. Bold prediction my cock ring to keep me from cumming. What an ass!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stay healthy, they have two elite/franchise players.
Thing is, they sucked for way more then 2 seasons.
Let's talk about some of their other 'trust the process' picks who absolutely were terrible.
like Okafor and Noel?

I mean - shit- unless you are REALLY good and REALLY lucky like OKC was, practically hitting on all their picks with RW, Durant, Harden and Ibaka- it happens to everyone.

Cavs with Bennett and Waiters.

Sixers with Noel and Okafor

I mean- the Lakers havent won a playoff game in 5 years- and i dont think they have one sure-fire all star to show for it which is pretty unlucky in the grand scheme of things. Lakers have had 3 #2 overall picks- and while i think ball ingram and russell all have talent- not one of them is a Kyrie or Simmons or Embiid or Wall or Porzingis and maybe not even an Wiggins or Jokic.

Kings have been in the lotto time and time again and there really only great pick was Cousins. All though I think Fox is gonna be a stud someday.

Boston does seem to have done well with Tatum and Brown--- Brown seems like a very good player- like an Ingram for the Lakers---- but Tatum looks like he can be a multi time all star someday probably if things break right.

Phoenix is gonna get a stud in this draft to pair with Booker who is one of the best young players in the game that I would LOVE to have on the Cavs....the jury is still out on Josh Jackson for the Suns--- but i gotta say--- add Doncic or Ayton to Booker and Jackson and you start having something pretty damn good...but Chriss and Bender----- - former pretty high lotto picks have been big dissapointmnets.

You definitely have to get the right pick in the right draft.....

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys im just really pumped, its play off basketball. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This summer will be interesting. I think Pat has something up his sleeves.
would u deal Whiteside for Barnes straight up? I would if i was the Heat....partly just because wings are much more valuable than traditional centers in todays NBA.