• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Saric trade was a great one with the Magic if I remember correctly.

The Fultz deal was not so great though in retrospecet- though Fultz is only 19 years old.....

Is there a dumber franchise than the Orlando Magic?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat down? What series are you watching?

Outside of game 1, all the games were close and could have been won by either team. The difference in those 3 games were a huge quarter.

Game 2- Huge 2nd quarter by Miami
Games 3 & 4- Huge 4th quarters from Philly.

Anyone with a brain would tell you this has been a competitive a series. Clearly you don't have a brain though
:lol: The Sixers have dominated every time they need to.

Maybe the Sixers will have another "lucky fourth quarter.":pound:

You lacked insight last week. I educated you. I gave you the straight dope for this series. Put it on a platter for you. You refused your dose. You weren't ready for this team. Just like I told you from the beginning. Exactly as I forsaw and not at all like you did. Bow, bitch.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You lacked insight last week. I educated you. I gave you the straight dope for this series. Put it on a platter for you. You refused your dose. You weren't ready for this team. Just like I told you from the beginning. Exactly as I forsaw and not at all like you did. Bow, bitch.
:jaw:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a dumber franchise than the Orlando Magic?
hmmm prob not- they are ridiculously bad

mishandled Oladipo so bad.

all though that Kings trade where they gave their pick to the Sixers was one of the dumbest single trades i have EVER seen. Honestly that is maybe the worst deal I can remember just off the top of my head.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Saric trade was a great one with the Magic if I remember correctly.

The Fultz deal was not so great though in retrospecet- though Fultz is only 19 years old.....
Fultz has time to learn to play off ball. Not an easy fit. Tatum with Ben looks perfect, but no one was really sure if Ben was a true point. Brett Brown kept saying he was, but everyone had to see it. Fultz was kind of the hedge in case Ben was actually a 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said the 4th quarter was lucky.

Learn how to read

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all though that Kings trade where they gave their pick to the Sixers was one of the dumbest single trades i have EVER seen. Honestly that is maybe the worst deal I can remember just off the top of my head.
The only reason I've heard that I can also accept for getting rid of Sam Hinkie, was that he already used up his good will in trading by raping so many other GMs so often.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the 4th quarter was lucky.

Learn how to read
Yeah you tried to make it seem like a trivial part of the game. It's basketball!! Everyone is getting 80 points. It's the rest of the scoring that actually matters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you tried to make it seem like a trivial part of the game. It's basketball!! Everyone is getting 80 points. It's the rest of the scoring that actually matters.

Because it is lol

They were +8 in game 4. Won by 4
They were + 18 in game 3. Won by 20

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is lol

They were +8 in game 4. Won by 4
They were + 18 in game 3. Won by 20
Trivial means "of little value or importance."

Care to respond again after you've learned all the big words?

And here I thought I only had to educate you on basketball. :L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine with Orlando being horrible. I lived there for 6 years and caught so much crap for being a Heat fan.

I'll always remember the summer that the Heat got Lebron. A week prior to that, they swore up and down that Wade was going to leave Miami for Orlando and that Miami wasn't going to get anyone to come in free agency. The '09 season was beyond horrible - I actually found myself rooting for Cleveland in the ECF and then the Lakers in the Finals (thank you, Kobe). Beyond the most shitty fanbase I've come across.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize this Philly thing isn't a lock if you screw up on draft picks right or if your draft picks turn out to be ok players instead of superstars?

There's too much that must go right for this Philly plan to work.

Not every player in the lottery turns out to be Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid

Sixers didn't just tank. They made killer trades. They developed young players. They built a winning culture while absorbing seemingly endless losses. It won't always work, but the sixers did it the right way all the way around, and that's what it takes.

As wiggy mentioned, it was all about Hinkie acquiring as much as he could on the cheap. Team weren't valuing draft picks like they are now (see BOS-BRK trade). He knew that you needed multiple lottery picks, as in 5, to land at least one, hopefully two superstars. Remember, Embiid was drafted 3rd. Really, the tank was all about acquiring Simmons, in which the Sixers had a 25% chance to get. While they did get lucky, they also had the best odds at getting him.

Next, he drafted injured players (Embiid) and international stashes (Saric) knowing that they would not be contributing for a few years down the road, allowing him to build an awful team that would surely generate losing records. Mind you, the Process lasted three years and they only finished with the worst record one time, and that was the lottery to get Simmons.

Then, he traded away rookies of the year and talented players (MCW, Jrue) to stock up the war chest for future draft picks. He stole the SAC pick swap and 2019 unprotected pick for a salary dump.

Lastly, a majority of the players from the Process aren't even on the team anymore, so the only remnants of a losing culture are TJ, Covington, and Richaun Holmes. All the other key players are essentially new to the team.

To try this now would probably not work to this extent.
1) Teams aren't as willing to move draft picks, though there are always desperate cash strapped teams
2) Teams aren't as willing to sacrifice gate sales (ie less tickets sold) to win later
3) Lottery odds have essentially been cut in half for getting the top pick (best is 14%)

Teams will still tank and there may even prove to be a sweet spot in the 4-7 area where you can play respectable ball and still have a chance to crack the top 3.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, id rather have my team try and go for it rather than just be decent/solid- but thats me. No one makes anyone buy season tickets every single year ya know? I realize you can lose them, but i dunno.

Id rather be a Philly fan and take the 3-4 years of tanking for 4-5 years of greatness. But thats just me.

I mean- right now could you even imagine the hype in LA if the Lakers had an amazing young core Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Covington and Fultz? It would be a madhouse and LeBron would be counting down the days till his private jet was wheels up to LAX.

Good points. If I was paying for season tickets, I wouldn't give them up because of what the Lakers were going through, but I'd still cringe a bit when I paid for them. Then, beginning this season when they actually were a competitive team and more fun to watch...it wouldn't bother me anymore.

I'm sure to, that once they got back to where I'm used to them being...I'd look back and say it was worth it. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. If I was paying for season tickets, I wouldn't give them up because of what the Lakers were going through, but I'd still cringe a bit when I paid for them. Then, beginning this season when they actually were a competitive team and more fun to watch...it wouldn't bother me anymore.

I'm sure to, that once they got back to where I'm used to them being...I'd look back and say it was worth it. lol
Yea for me attending games is more for the experience rather than how good or bad the team is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a Philly/Houston Finals.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*looks around for @Mecca*

That's what Clippers games are for. :dhd:
You're a cold piece of work my friend!

But honestly, I attended more games back when GS wasn't so good than I do now. Of course back then I didn't have the life style I have now so that makes a difference & of course the pricing has severely changed as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*looks around for @Mecca*

That's what Clippers games are for. :dhd:
Your ass better run!!!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But honestly, I attended more games back when GS wasn't so good than I do now. Of course back then I didn't have the life style I have now so that makes a difference & of course the pricing has severely changed as well.
Like all bullshit aside, Suns tickets went from like $3-6 bucks last 2 months of the Season on resale...lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah, back in the day, when they played in the old LA Sports Arena, Clippers games were the best bargain around. You could buy the cheapest tickets, then, because the attendance was so low, you could practically sit courtside. There was never a line at the concession stands either.