• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat you had been as critical as anyone about the Sixers and "the Process" led by Sam Hinkie.

After seeing the talent they have, their cap situation, their future picks, etc. are you now willing to change your tune?

Ive explained.
Perhaps you missed the post.
I said I look at things differently because I invest alot of time and money attending the games.
I couldn’t support years of intentional losing.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not good...

Oh yeah the first round is almost over and we have seen the real teams and the pretenders, and this is a bold prediction? Stephen A smith is a donkey cock riding pig fucking utter sucking bold bullshit predicting fake fag cause hes only one cause he thinks its cool. What a disgrace. Was a fan, no longer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah the first round is almost over and we have seen the real teams and the pretenders, and this is a bold prediction? Stephen A smith is a donkey cock riding pig fucking utter sucking bold bullshit predicting fake fag cause hes only one cause he thinks its cool. What a disgrace. Was a fan, no longer.

I don't mind Stephen A. He says dumb things but he at least has his own voice and is occasionally right.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive explained.
Perhaps you missed the post.
I said I look at things differently because I invest alot of time and money attending the games.
I couldn’t support years of intentional losing.
so just to be clear- you would prefer years of mediocrity rather than endure years of losing to have a chance at actually winning something?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so just to be clear- you would prefer years of mediocrity rather than endure years of losing to have a chance at actually winning something?

Whats the defintion of years?
As far as mediocrity, also need a definition.
The Heat is a break or a play here or there from being in a position to win this series.
Still TBD, no team in the East looks like a serious title threat.
Im honestly not sure what the gap is between whoever wins the East vs the Heat.

So, given the choice of making the post season with a fighting chance appeals to me vs winning 10-25 games a year for the better part of a decade.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a fan who invest time & money, i would say so.

Not to answer for turnup but when you invest that kind of money, i have to think you want your team to be competitive & a little successful instead of going 10-72

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the defintion of years?
As far as mediocrity, also need a definition.
The Heat is a break or a play here or there from being in a position to win this series.
Still TBD, no team in the East looks like a serious title threat.
Im honestly not sure what the gap is between whoever wins the East vs the Heat.

So, given the choice of making the post season with a fighting chance appeals to me vs winning 10-25 games a year for the better part of a decade.
i would say, as for mediocre, winning one playoff series in the last 4 years.

As for the rest of the East....I mean Cleveland if of course dependent on LeBron---- and Toronto is pretty set talent wise....but teams like the Bucks, Sixers and Celtics are ascendant, while the Heat really dont have much of a path to compete for a EC title going forward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to answer for turnup but when you invest that kind of money, i have to think you want your team to be competitive & a little successful instead of going 10-72
i can see that- of course, no one is putting a gun to your head making you buy tickets every year either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sill view it as an investment. Same for the fans as it is the organization.

If you aren't willing to endure a few bad years, you have almost no shot at the ultimate prize unless your team is one of the very few destination markets. Miami happens to be one, so maybe you guys shouldn't be allowed to answer that question.

You don't have to sacrifice competitiveness to land a franchise player because there are other avenues available to Miami that aren't there for most.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sill view it as an investment. Same for the fans as it is the organization.

If you aren't willing to endure a few bad years, you have almost no shot at the ultimate prize unless your team is one of the very few destination markets. Miami happens to be one, so maybe you guys shouldn't be allowed to answer that question.

You don't have to sacrifice competitiveness to land a franchise player because there are other avenues available to Miami that aren't there for most.
I guess, my point for Miami, is you have to start somewhere though

Wade attracted LeBron.

You have to have some kind of attraction in todays NBA because- as we can see- free agents are prizing winning a lot more than anything else right now. Shit- Kevin Durant decided to go team up with a bunch of all stars.

The Mavericks have been trying to get a franchise player through FA for years now to no avail.

Those high level FA's just really dont move that much anymore- and if they do move- its to a place that already has a bonafide all star they can team up with.

Not only that- but right now Miami being capped out for the foreseeable future prevents any kind of FA going there even fi they wanted to--- at least for the next 2 offseasons- knda why ive been unimpressed with Riley of late--- a lot of money in decent but not great players like JJOhnson, T Johnson, Onlyk, Waiters etc.--- and of course the albatross- Blancote

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see that- of course, no one is putting a gun to your head making you buy tickets every year either.

True but die hard fans with the money will.

If i had the money to spend, i would definitely spend the money on season tickets with decent seating for one of my favorite teams.

I would prefer to do it in a sport like football though.

Much easier to deal with a struggle when your team only plays 8 home games which all happens to be on the weekend instead of 41home games with most coming during the week night

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If i had the money to spend, i would definitely spend the money on season tickets with decent seating for one of my favorite teams.

Much easier to deal with a struggle when your team only plays 8 home games which all happens to be on the weekend instead of 41home games with most coming during the week day
seriously- asshole Browns fans still sell that fucking stadium out 8 times a year. lol...or close to it at least........all though i think they have even been put to the test the last couple years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, my point for Miami, is you have to start somewhere though

Wade attracted LeBron.

You have to have some kind of attraction in todays NBA because- as we can see- free agents are prizing winning a lot more than anything else right now. Shit- Kevin Durant decided to go team up with a bunch of all stars.

The Mavericks have been trying to get a franchise player through FA for years now to no avail.

Those high level FA's just really dont move that much anymore- and if they do move- its to a place that already has a bonafide all star they can team up with.

Not only that- but right now Miami being capped out for the foreseeable future prevents any kind of FA going there even fi they wanted to--- at least for the next 2 offseasons- knda why ive been unimpressed with Riley of late--- a lot of money in decent but not great players like JJOhnson, T Johnson, Onlyk, Waiters etc.--- and of course the albatross- Blancote

Agreed, mostly.

Although, I do think Miami could still hypothetically land somebody if they had the cap space. They are competitive enough that a stud could choose them because they are Miami.

That ain't ever happening in Washington or Cleveland. FAs would consider Cleveland to play with LeBron, again if they had space. Nobody is looking at Washington because they don't have that guy or that market.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously- asshole Browns fans still sell that fucking stadium out 8 times a year. lol...or close to it at least........all though i think they have even been put to the test the last couple years.

How many people are buying tickets for a few dollars on stub hub?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly--- whats worse?

The Cavs having (all though- to be fair Jr is mostly unguaranteed)--- Hill, TT, JR, Clarkson making a combined 65M in 2019/2020 (all though like I said I think JR is only guaranteed like 4 M out of the 16)

or

The Heat having JJohnson, Waiters, TJohnson, Whiteside making a combined 74M in 2019/2020?

each is pretty awful if you ask me and pretty much destroys either teams major FA ambitions.

each team finally has clear books the following year though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much easier to deal with a struggle when your team only plays 8 home games which all happens to be on the weekend instead of 41home games with most coming during the week night

Thats why I went to around half the games this year.
At best, its a near 6 hour adventure between driving and game time, let alone the cost, plus trying to figure out having dinner.
You take the good with the bad, but nobody wants to go through that knowing you are going to lose most every game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, mostly.

Although, I do think Miami could still hypothetically land somebody if they had the cap space. They are competitive enough that a stud could choose them because they are Miami.

That ain't ever happening in Washington or Cleveland. FAs would consider Cleveland to play with LeBron, again if they had space. Nobody is looking at Washington because they don't have that guy or that market.
would u do the Cavs a favor and have the Zards trade them Wall for the Brooklyn pick and other random stuff?

Wall would be great with LeBron and Love.....and the Wiz can start over....Wall would thrive without having to be the man and carry the load- something i think its proven he has a hard time iwth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly--- whats worse?

The Cavs having (all though- to be fair Jr is mostly unguaranteed)--- Hill, TT, JR, Clarkson making a combined 65M in 2019/2020 (all though like I said I think JR is only guaranteed like 4 M out of the 16)

or

The Heat having JJohnson, Waiters, TJohnson, Whiteside making a combined 74M in 2019/2020?

each is pretty awful if you ask me and pretty much destroys either teams major FA ambitions.

each team finally has clear books the following year though.

Neither is good.

I think Miami has more trade possibilities with their players than Cleveland does however.