• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

From a GM standpoint, all you can do is assemble a roster that puts you in the conversation. It is up to the players and coaches to do the rest. There is a lot more work to be done in Philly, but Simmons and Embiid are for real. That means the process has absolutely worked even if it doesn't eventually lead to any championships.

The Sixers are in the conversation.

Even from the standpoint of roster, its too early to call.

People are making very understandable and fair projections about Embiid and Simmons. But at this point they are still projections that have yet to be proven.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would u deal Whiteside for Barnes straight up? I would if i was the Heat....partly just because wings are much more valuable than traditional centers in todays NBA.

Probably because I don't see how they keep Ellington this summer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like Okafor and Noel?

I mean - shit- unless you are REALLY good and REALLY lucky like OKC was, practically hitting on all their picks with RW, Durant, Harden and Ibaka- it happens to everyone.

Cavs with Bennett and Waiters.

Sixers with Noel and Okafor

I mean- the Lakers havent won a playoff game in 5 years- and i dont think they have one sure-fire all star to show for it which is pretty unlucky in the grand scheme of things. Lakers have had 3 #2 overall picks- and while i think ball ingram and russell all have talent- not one of them is a Kyrie or Simmons or Embiid or Wall or Porzingis and maybe not even an Wiggins or Jokic.

Kings have been in the lotto time and time again and there really only great pick was Cousins. All though I think Fox is gonna be a stud someday.

Boston does seem to have done well with Tatum and Brown--- Brown seems like a very good player- like an Ingram for the Lakers---- but Tatum looks like he can be a multi time all star someday probably if things break right.

Phoenix is gonna get a stud in this draft to pair with Booker who is one of the best young players in the game that I would LOVE to have on the Cavs....the jury is still out on Josh Jackson for the Suns--- but i gotta say--- add Doncic or Ayton to Booker and Jackson and you start having something pretty damn good...but Chriss and Bender----- - former pretty high lotto picks have been big dissapointmnets.

You definitely have to get the right pick in the right draft.....

Pretty much why I’m happy having a competetive playoff team vs sucking and hoping to maybe get lucky.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh.....i dunno man.

Simmons is 21...Embiid is 24....Saric is 24....Covington is 26.....Fultz is only 19...and they still have a great pick coming from either Sacramento or LAL.

I dunno if there is a young core in the league id rather have....probably not.

If you could have the TWOLVES with Towns, Butler and Wiggins--- or the Sixers--- man i gotta say id rather go Sixers. PEls just won a playoff series with Anthony Davis--- but damn id PROB rather have the Sixers overall roster.

Philly's situation is incredible.

But don't they have to do something beyond 3 1st-round wins before they can declare the process a success?? For all of the losing they did I would absolutely think so.

And I'm not saying they won't have that success... just that they haven't yet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But don't they have to do something beyond 3 1st-round wins before they can declare the process a success?? For all of the losing they did I would absolutely think so.

Although you're correct, you also have to account that Philly's going to be a likely heavy favorite going into a 2nd round matchup with Boston/Milwaukee. They'll probably be in the ECF and at the very least will give Cleveland a run for its money. That would be a successful first playoff stint with an incredibly young core that'll only get better. Health and maturation are their only obstacles.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although you're correct, you also have to account that Philly's going to be a likely heavy favorite going into a 2nd round matchup with Boston/Milwaukee. They'll probably be in the ECF and at the very least will give Cleveland a run for its money. That would be a successful first playoff stint with an incredibly young core that'll only get better. Health and maturation are their only obstacles.

I'd agree and if that happens I'll be changing my tune.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree and if that happens I'll be changing my tune.

Well, get ready.

Because they are also one of a few teams with cap space this summer. There is a pretty high possibility you will be sporting a Sixer logo come July.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, get ready.

Because they are also one of a few teams with cap space this summer. There is a pretty high possibility you will be sporting a Sixer logo come July.

I wanna see what they do this summer if Lebron doesn't go there

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, get ready.

This will be one of the strangest Lebron free agencies. You have to think that Houston's off the list for the mere fact they'll have to blow up the team to sign Lebron. The Lakers would be a playoff team if you add Lebron. But if they could send the Spurs a trade package for Kawhi, it gets real interesting.

Philly would be the prime destination for a ring - you still rule the East, but that looks really bad if you go to another ready-made team. Cleveland has young pieces (they have some bad contracts too) and that Brooklyn pick that'll likely be top 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has 5 draft picks in June. They're going to trade a few of them I have to think

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked him, but now hes reaching. There is nothing bold about that prediction. Its about matchups, and coaching. Thats the playoffs. And if you can throw in some intensity and physicality and the refs dont completely shit on the flow of a game like the last Wash vs Tor game, those are the teams that win. Philly presents match up problems all the way around. They need Joel. The formula was set. Crowd the paint, play zone against Ben, fucker cant shoot, game set match. Bold prediction my cock ring to keep me from cumming. What an ass!

Yea it isn't a bold prediction. More than a few people were predicting the Sixers would make the finals before the playoffs started.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has 5 draft picks in June. They're going to trade a few of them I have to think

Most definitely. More picks than slots especially when you look at the draft and stash guys they already have.

Who the heck knows what they will do with those picks though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one of the strangest Lebron free agencies. You have to think that Houston's off the list for the mere fact they'll have to blow up the team to sign Lebron. The Lakers would be a playoff team if you add Lebron. But if they could send the Spurs a trade package for Kawhi, it gets real interesting.

Philly would be the prime destination for a ring - you still rule the East, but that looks really bad if you go to another ready-made team. Cleveland has young pieces (they have some bad contracts too) and that Brooklyn pick that'll likely be top 3.

The problem for Cleveland is that they will need that lottery pick to turn into an instant all-star. That's a big ask for a rookie. And the best rookie choice for immediate impact may not be the best choice for the Cavs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, get ready.

i keep saying this is probably his most likely landing spot...

we'll know if we're correct soon enough...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stay healthy, they have two elite/franchise players.
Thing is, they sucked for way more then 2 seasons.
Let's talk about some of their other 'trust the process' picks who absolutely were terrible.

I would say that the process was supposed to take 3 years. But Embiid took an extra year and Simmons lost a season to a broken foot.

Ultimately it boils down to whether you stomach your team having the Sixers 15-16 season where they won 10 games and lost something like 20 straight. That was some dark times.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before the season start I wanted to see the Sixers do 2 things this year. Win 45+ games and win their 1st round playoff series. They dramatically exceeded my first target and I think that the playoffs are shaping up for them to have a very good chance at making the NBA finals.

The Sixers are going to be a desirable destination for all of the top tier players. Maybe Lebron will come to Philly. Maybe Paul George. Maybe they keep their powder dry for 2019 because they have enough talent to win already.

It may be a bit premature to say that The Process was resounding success but it sure looks promising.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Cleveland is that they will need that lottery pick to turn into an instant all-star. That's a big ask for a rookie. And the best rookie choice for immediate impact may not be the best choice for the Cavs.

Part of the reason the Cavs got rid of Wiggins for Love because although Wiggins had/has the higher upside than Love, the latter was more seasoned and ready to handle being on a title contending team. Rookie's playing prominent roles typically mature and show where they'll be at by year 3. I could see Cleveland shopping that pick for an all star player to couple with Lebron should he chose to stay.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season start I wanted to see the Sixers do 2 things this year. Win 45+ games and win their 1st round playoff series. They dramatically exceeded my first target and I think that the playoffs are shaping up for them to have a very good chance at making the NBA finals.

The Sixers are going to be a desirable destination for all of the top tier players. Maybe Lebron will come to Philly. Maybe Paul George. Maybe they keep their powder dry for 2019 because they have enough talent to win already.

It may be a bit premature to say that The Process was resounding success but it sure looks promising.

I think they should bring back Redick on a 1-2 year deal.

He's been huge for them IMO. As a veteran to teach the kids and such....and a nice outside shooter.