• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @Win TWINS!!! ....

On The Jump, Byron Scott and Paul Pierce were arguing and Paul told Byron that he wasn't even the best player to come out of his High School, let alone the LA area.

Byron of course bristled and said, name a player that came out of Morningside that was better than him.

The truth said..........Lisa Leslie.

Byron just deflated and said.......Damn...lol

#WNBA

#101PointGame

The Truth tellin' the truth. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, yep we did put out a few good ones at Morningside...til we got to Elden Campbell...:L

he was supposed to have upside. course so was Kwame Brown...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was our Generation's version of Cheryl Miller.

Can you imagine what it was like for Reggie Miller growing up?

No wonder he was such a asshole on the court.

According to Reggie, he and Cheryl used to con people on basketball courts all over Riverside County when they were kids. I guess they used to go to the courts, challenge folks to games for money and Reggie would say I'll take my sister. You'd have skinny ass Reggie looking like a strong wind would blow him over and a girl.

Poor guys would never know what hit them. lol

Also, I guess the night that Cheryl had her 100 point game, Reggie had scored like 60 something in his game. He gets in the car, starts talking about his game and asks Cheryl how many she had...

Apparently he got real quiet when she told him. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, yep we did put out a few good ones at Morningside...til we got to Elden Campbell...:L

Speaking of former Lakers C's.

Roy Hibbert > Shaq

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elden wasn't bad (helluva a lot better than Kwame), he just never really lived up to his talent level.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think that his legacy is limited to rings is pretty asinine, imo.

Also, when he went to those teams, he played a major role in putting those teams together. If he goes to Philly, he had nothing to do with putting that team together.

He took all kinds of flak for doing it too. I really doubt he wants to go through even worse than that this late in his career. Plus, as I pointed out earlier, if he goes to a team like the Sixers and wins 3 more titles, it doesn't separate him from the other all timers and possibly even hurts his legacy.
Well first, I'm not just basing my theory on his legacy alone - but also what he's said is most important to him. And that's how I came up with the logic of him being in a win now mode. I think the trades that went down at the deadline highlight the fact that he's trying to capitalize as quickly as possible.

Second, what does it matter whether or not he put the teams together as long as they're winning?

Finally, he takes flak for EVERYTHING he does so why would he base his personal decisions on that at this point in his career? To your point about him separating himself from the other all timers, some would argue he already has a "stain", if you will, for joining Wade & Bosh in Miami instead of staying put and bringing talent to "his" team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...

if i remember right it's the same place the Raiders play football...

course i WILL say Qualcomm imo was worse and MORE run down...
And where the Warriors play today.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not inaccurate. He's just firm in his stance while not acknowledging external factors of which spending make sense.

should be a lawyer ... do the best in the argument while stretching facts & biasing opinions to reach the preferred conclusion

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, McGee and Miller made.a bazillion more $ than their better sisters
That's gotta sting Cheryl way more
Gee thanks, Captain Obvious.

So, exactly what I said?....lol

There was no real pro league for women back then.

And even now, they only make more than those poor G League batards.

Anthony Parker is worth 9 times as much as Candace.

Just like Reggie and Javelle, he's not even half as good a player as his Sister.

:2cents:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 6 championships is what is driving Lebron anymore. He's looking to separate himself from the other all-time greats so he can be the GOAT.

6 championships doesn't separate him from the other all-time greats. He is currently what? 3-5 in the finals? Say he wins 3 more. MJ is still 6-0 and Kareem is still 6-4 in the finals. So, it doesn't separate him. Especially if he goes to a team that is in the Sixers position and it's even worse if he does it by going to a team that just eliminated his team in the playoffs.

If it isn't championships then what is it? Being yet another player to get the Lakers to win a championship?

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being right here is important to you, sure I'll concede. Doesn't make much difference to me. I feel the Warriors could potentially retain the core. You don't. If I'm wrong, so be it. Enjoy your off-season.

He's also assuming that Green and Thompson will get max contracts which may or may not happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meek was released from jail.

If he shows up to the game tonight....

RIP TO THE 2017-2018 MIAMI HEAT

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think that his legacy is limited to rings is pretty asinine, imo.

Also, when he went to those teams, he played a major role in putting those teams together. If he goes to Philly, he had nothing to do with putting that team together.

He took all kinds of flak for doing it too. I really doubt he wants to go through even worse than that this late in his career. Plus, as I pointed out earlier, if he goes to a team like the Sixers and wins 3 more titles, it doesn't separate him from the other all timers and possibly even hurts his legacy.

Being the first player to win a championship with 3 different teams would be impressive I would argue.

You are basically arguing that winning titles doesn't matter to him which is specious to say the least.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basically arguing that winning titles doesn't matter to him which is specious to say the least.
THIS
It is a complete disregard of LBJ telling us he plays to win in just about every interview he gives.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, he takes flak for EVERYTHING he does so why would he base his personal decisions on that at this point in his career? To your point about him separating himself from the other all timers, some would argue he already has a "stain", if you will, for joining Wade & Bosh in Miami instead of staying put and bringing talent to "his" team.

Yeah exactly. The people that hate him will hate him no matter what he does. But no one is going to remember this stuff in 20 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS
It is a complete disregard of LBJ telling us he plays to win in just about every interview he gives.

I've been saying for a while now that LBJ is going to one of 3 teams next year.

Cleveland - if he feels that he wants to build his legacy and winning titles isn't how he will do it.
Lakers - If he wants to be with his family and work on his business.
Sixers - If he wants to win titles.

That doesn't mean that he couldn't win titles with Cleveland or the Lakers or that he will win a title with the Sixers. But it's pretty clear where his best chance lies for next year.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that he's officially retired, how do we rank Bogut as a #1 overall pick?

Before Oden, Brown, Fat Boy Bennett, Khandi Man...

After Webber, Kyrie, KAT, Blake....

Was he better than Joe Smith?

I say.......yes.

But, he underachieved for the slot he was picked.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a interesting debate happening on Get Up.

Since only 3 people, outside of myself, actually watch the show, I will relay it here....

Assuming health, what roster would you want going forward....

Philly or Boston?

I'm so torn....

The fact that I am not a fan of that Horford contract and that Philly has so much cap space, I'm leaning there.

But,.......Kyrie, Hayward, Brown, Rozier, Tatum gives me extreme pause.

#SumOfItsParts

Or

#2FranchisePlayers

Its a tough question. I would agree (assuming he can stay healthy) that Embid has potential to be generational. Horford contract is not an issue at all, its done in two years and he will probably take much less to stay here as a key role player. We have to consider personalities, ability to gel, coachability and the like. We need to consider when the Sixers need to Max deal their players and when the Celtics need to. What is the mix of old an new. And of course future assets. This last part is not part of the roster today but it is where Boston has an advantage in playing in at least two more lotteries if not three in the next few years. I like both situations. But I am damn happy we have Brad and they dont !

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tough question. I would agree (assuming he can stay healthy) that Embid has potential to be generational. Horford contract is not an issue at all, its done in two years and he will probably take much less to stay here as a key role player. We have to consider personalities, ability to gel, coachability and the like. We need to consider when the Sixers need to Max deal their players and when the Celtics need to. What is the mix of old an new. And of course future assets. This last part is not part of the roster today but it is where Boston has an advantage in playing in at least two more lotteries if not three in the next few years. I like both situations. But I am damn happy we have Brad and they dont !
Well Done, Logicman.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it all changes if Lebron goes there. Lebron can change a franchise even today