• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the St Louis offense is as good as Seattle. Maybe the score won't get out of hand. I'm hoping the SF defense can keep the game interesting stopping the run and not allowing the big play. Sure it's a lot to ask.

Overall maybe not, but St Louis front seven is better. I read a stat somewhere St Louis is 2nd in the league in sacks. That doesn't bode well for the 49ers that can't pass protect.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will find out soon. a win would be nice.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall maybe not, but St Louis front seven is better. I read a stat somewhere St Louis is 2nd in the league in sacks. That doesn't bode well for the 49ers that can't pass protect.

I see what you're saying. Our offense has a very slim chance of moving the ball and scoring. I don't see us winning, but hope our defense can hold St Louis to 13 points or less.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news our offense is ranked 26th and the Rams Offense is ranked 32nd. Bad News Our D is ranked 31st and Rams D ranked 10th.

So we have one of the worst offense going against one of the Worst D's in the league. If our D steps up and stops rams bad offense we have a shot.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news our offense is ranked 26th and the Rams Offense is ranked 32nd. Bad News Our D is ranked 31st and Rams D ranked 10th.

So we have one of the worst offense going against one of the Worst D's in the league. If our D steps up and stops rams bad offense we have a shot.

Exactly what stat are you looking at that shows we have the 26th ranked offense?

In my opinion, the most important stat is points per game. We're dead last in that category. And not only are we dead last, but we have the worst points per game in the league since 2012.

Some like to look at yards per game. But nope, we're dead last there too.

Where exactly are you getting 26?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what stat are you looking at that shows we have the 26th ranked offense?

In my opinion, the most important stat is points per game. We're dead last in that category. And not only are we dead last, but we have the worst points per game in the league since 2012.

Some like to look at yards per game. But nope, we're dead last there too.

Where exactly are you getting 26?

2015 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

It is based on total yards. Rankings in general don't mean alot to me. I like to look at matchups.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

It is based on total yards. Rankings in general don't mean alot to me. I like to look at matchups.

Thank you. Now I see where he got that.

Well first, I don't agree with ranking by yards. The objective on offense is to score points, not yards.

Secondly, it's even worse to rank by total yards for one obvious reason: Some teams have played more games than others. In our case, we haven't had our bye week yet while other teams have. Therefore, the 26th ranking is obviously misleading.

If you consider yards per game, you get a more accurate picture. And in that picture, we're dead last in yards (again, not that yards should be the measuring stick in the first place).

In conclusion, we're the 32nd ranked offense. Not the 26th ranked offense. Furthermore, we're the worst offense since 2012.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great news. Our defense has a great chance of keeping the game close. I'm ok with moral victories.

Go Niners.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news. Our defense has a great chance of keeping the game close. I'm ok with moral victories.

Go Niners.
not disagreeing with u just crazy to see so many people some what trusting the D more. The D has been worse then the O. i feel for us to win our O needs to play like they did in the ravens game or even the giants game. Both have struggled but until mangini is fired i lean on the O more.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not disagreeing with u just crazy to see so many people some what trusting the D more. The D has been worse then the O. i feel for us to win our O needs to play like they did in the ravens game or even the giants game. Both have struggled but until mangini is fired i lean on the O more.

I don't want to over analyze too much. The way I see it, the Seahawks have a better offense than the Rams and the Niner defense held them to 20 points. I'm hopeful defense can keep it at 13 or under. Baseball score would be bonus.

Right now, I don't expect much from offense. I'll be extremely happy if they can have a few possessions without punting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to over analyze too much. The way I see it, the Seahawks have a better offense than the Rams and the Niner defense held them to 20 points. I'm hopeful defense can keep it at 13 or under. Baseball score would be bonus.

Right now, I don't expect much from offense. I'll be extremely happy if they can have a few possessions without punting.
gotcha. makes sense.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense is not worse than our offense. Our offense is the worst in the league and the worst the league has seen in the last several years.

Our defense is not the worst in the league.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Boldin and Ellington will be healthier this week and Simpson's return should be a boost. Watching a struggling offense go into a game with 2 healthy WRs wasn't fun.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Boldin and Ellington will be healthier this week and Simpson's return should be a boost. Watching a struggling offense go into a game with 2 healthy WRs wasn't fun.

We need all the help we can get on offense. Not sure if having healthy wide receivers will make a difference if our quarterback is constantly pressured.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need all the help we can get on offense. Not sure if having healthy wide receivers will make a difference if our quarterback is constantly pressured.
I'm not going to pretend I want the 49ers to win. Much of the damage done to the 49ers happened before the season started, and it won't be repaired during this season. That said I know what it was like for the Rams offense in 2011 when we went into games knowing we couldn't even compete. I don't wish that on anyone. With healthy WRs you have an outside chance, a chance you didn't have against the Seahawks.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pretend I want the 49ers to win. Much of the damage done to the 49ers happened before the season started, and it won't be repaired during this season. That said I know what it was like for the Rams offense in 2011 when we went into games knowing we couldn't even compete. I don't wish that on anyone. With healthy WRs you have an outside chance, a chance you didn't have against the Seahawks.

Thanks man. If it's not us (SF) winning the division, I hope St. Louis does. Not sure how you feel about the possible move to Los Angeles, but I'm good with the Rams moving there. I live there sometimes.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man. If it's not us (SF) winning the division, I hope St. Louis does. Not sure how you feel about the possible move to Los Angeles, but I'm good with the Rams moving there. I live there sometimes.
Thanks. I hope the 49ers have some luck, (not Sunday), sorting things out. Tomsula is a good guy who I wanted as Rams DC in 2012. I hope he's given time.
Winning the division? I'm not looking that far ahead. We're an injury to Gurley away from looking awful.
Los Angeles? I'm on the fence. I hated seeing the team move to St. Louis but I don't want to see those fans go through the heartache of losing their team. The fan base is split and there are internet trolls on both sides. When the schedule came out I saw that both the Rams and the Chargers finish their home schedule in Week 15. I won't be shocked if an announcement is made in Week 16. Maybe i'm just cynical.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is not worse than our offense. Our offense is the worst in the league and the worst the league has seen in the last several years.

Our defense is not the worst in the league.

Our pass defense is about the worst the league and that is where this team is getting torched.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass defense is about the worst the league and that is where this team is getting torched.

The offense is the worst in the league (since 2012). The pass defense is "just about the worst in the league". What's more terrible? The unit that's the worst or the unit that's "just about the worst"?

The offense is worse than the defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is the worst in the league (since 2012). The pass defense is "just about the worst in the league". What's more terrible? The unit that's the worst or the unit that's "just about the worst"?

The offense is worse than the defense.

To me it is splitting hairs. They are both awful right now. The run defense is the only decent part that probably helps the defense look a bit better. Before last weekend the run D was ranked 15th at least until Lynch shredded it last Thursday. It is like comparing a Vega to a Pinto