• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams: Game Thread

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

Bottom line: They both suck, but the numbers speak for themselves. They clearly show that one of them is definitely less sucky than the other. Gabbert, while not the answer, is hands down the better of the two. Anyone who disagrees isn't living in reality.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

Bottom line: They both suck, but the numbers speak for themselves. They clearly show that one of them is definitely less sucky than the other. Gabbert, while not the answer, is hands down the better of the two. Anyone who disagrees isn't living in reality.

I think we all know he's not the answer...we're young...very young. He's a stop gap...but I get the same feeling about this team right before Harbs took it on. An NFL pro MLB in the middle...couple of Vet O linemen, a young D that's shaping up as well as the OL...most of the team unproven. At least Chip wants the best players on the field...and won't let egos and other bullshit get in the way. He knows that we're not sniffing the playoffs beyond a miracle this year...he's building to bring a few FA guys here that make sense...and make sense of the draft. Hopefully he can get a couple hands on the steering wheel from Balke at least on the O side of the ball for the draft and the NFL pulls its head out of its ass and gives us a reasonable schedule next season rather than the gauntlet coupled with our division.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know he's not the answer...we're young...very young. He's a stop gap...but I get the same feeling about this team right before Harbs took it on. An NFL pro MLB in the middle...couple of Vet O linemen, a young D that's shaping up as well as the OL...most of the team unproven. At least Chip wants the best players on the field...and won't let egos and other bullshit get in the way. He knows that we're not sniffing the playoffs beyond a miracle this year...he's building to bring a few FA guys here that make sense...and make sense of the draft. Hopefully he can get a couple hands on the steering wheel from Balke at least on the O side of the ball for the draft and the NFL pulls its head out of its ass and gives us a reasonable schedule next season rather than the gauntlet coupled with our division.

It's still early. While it was an impressive win, I'm still tempering my expectations. Carolina will give us a really good idea of where we are, whether good or bad. I'm definitely expecting a loss but we'll see.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell knows his stuff. I remember his comments really irked the Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick fans when he put forth his opinion which turned out to be reality. Gabbert isn't the answer, and his explanation is a good one.

Cosell is one of my favorites to listen to and the first KNBR podcast I will go to. I don't know anyone else that breaks down film and explains it in detail like Cosell does. We can't see those things watching the game on television. He does get criticism from people as you as say and people rip him because he was never a coach. But I think he has always been objective in his analysis. You won't ever hear him say this guy or that guy sucks or this guy is better than this guy. He pretty much sticks to what he sees on film.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with it. Gabbert was awful until the 4th. Like I said on my Grades I would gave him a D, C- grade but the 4th Q saved him. The guy really couldnt throw past 5 yards. He should of had 3 Ints but Rams dropped the ball. His running was great and overall he didnt throw an Int and didnt get sacked. He didnt help win this game he just didnt lose it. Defense and Hyde really won this game.

Thats why I will stick with my opinion of Kap being the better option unless Gabbert really turns it on. Kap is overall the better QB but Kelly knows he is also an headache and media attention around him could stir some things up and not keep the team focused.

Cosell was even more down on Kap than Gabbert. At this point we have to stick with Gabbert to see if he can overcome some of these flaws.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell was even more down on Kap than Gabbert. At this point we have to stick with Gabbert to see if he can overcome some of these flaws.
I agree we have to stick with him but I do think he has a short leash.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we have to stick with him but I do think he has a short leash.

We all know that Kaep has a much higher ceiling from a talent perspective, but will he ever figure out how to reach it? I'm not entirely sure he will which is a bummer as it looked like he was headed in the right direction until people figured out he was a one read and run type guy. Also, he got beat down last year behind one of the worst lines I've seen in a very very long time. Gabbert isn't the answer for the long term, but he is for now. We have to start thinking about whether bringing along a young QB from the draft or trying to break Kaeps talent level off is more worth it. We obviously will save cash on the former, but might be in a better roster situation in the next year or two to make at least a playoff push.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that Kaep has a much higher ceiling from a talent perspective, but will he ever figure out how to reach it? I'm not entirely sure he will which is a bummer as it looked like he was headed in the right direction until people figured out he was a one read and run type guy. Also, he got beat down last year behind one of the worst lines I've seen in a very very long time. Gabbert isn't the answer for the long term, but he is for now. We have to start thinking about whether bringing along a young QB from the draft or trying to break Kaeps talent level off is more worth it. We obviously will save cash on the former, but might be in a better roster situation in the next year or two to make at least a playoff push.

We don't even have that young guy yet waiting. The team must of felt Driskell was not that guy as they left him unprotected. I read an article recently that said the FO did not like the QBs in the past draft class and felt none of them was going to be any better than what the 49ers already have on the roster. Maybe they are eyeing someone next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We don't even have that young guy yet waiting. The team must of felt Driskell was not that guy as they left him unprotected. I read an article recently that said the FO did not like the QBs in the past draft class and felt none of them was going to be any better than what the 49ers already have on the roster. Maybe they are eyeing someone next year.

Baalke has no choice but to look hard next draft. meaning he'll need to spend a much higher pick. I'd even trade up a little if someone fits that well. I wouldn't do a Rams or Eagles 'blockbuster' deal, but a 'little' is fine to get your guy.

I'm fine Driskell being gone because he didn't flash anything or at least not nearly enough. If they can already see in Driskell it's likely not there, don't keep him on the 53 because he's a QB. I know he can run well but in the NFL, you need to pass first.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke has no choice but to look hard next draft. meaning he'll need to spend a much higher pick. I'd even trade up a little if someone fits that well. I wouldn't do a Rams or Eagles 'blockbuster' deal, but a 'little' is fine to get your guy.

I'm fine Driskell being gone because he didn't flash anything or at least not nearly enough. If they can already see in Driskell it's likely not there, don't keep him on the 53 because he's a QB. I know he can run well but in the NFL, you need to pass first.

I guess it depends who is out there. The 49ers need to bring in someone. That is pretty obvious that the team needs to find a franchise QB.