• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Lions

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to go into next year with this same piss poor offense? I know I don't
The qb is one part of the puzzle on offense and it won't be answered by any hyped-up QB draft pick. This whole team from owner to towel boy needs a reboot.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific first half on offense. And Geep makes all the great adjustments for the 2nd half, 'cause you knew the Lions wouldn't make any adjustments at halftime. What a disaster these coaches are. 57 yards in the 2nd half? :L

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this team actually won 4 games.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch post game question: Were Lions a step ahead in 2nd half?

Tomsula: "I don't know that they were a step ahead. I mean, obviously, they were a step ahead."

I mean....if that's true, and I don't really have any reason to doubt it, but.....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went hunting this morning. Got back for second half but my dog was a mess so I missed the first game of the season

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""The 49ers became the first team to have six offside or neutral-zone penalties in the first half since 1993, when the Houston Oilers did it against New Orleans, according to STATS. On special teams, they allowed Detroit to convert a fake punt, missed a field goal and negated a pair of 30-plus yard returns in the closely contested first half with penalties. San Francisco was flagged 11 times for the second straight week.""

Stunningly inept!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch post game question: Were Lions a step ahead in 2nd half?

Tomsula: "I don't know that they were a step ahead. I mean, obviously, they were a step ahead."

I mean....if that's true, and I don't really have any reason to doubt it, but.....
Quotes from a man with major talent to try out for the towel boy....and lose.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""The 49ers became the first team to have six offside or neutral-zone penalties in the first half since 1993, when the Houston Oilers did it against New Orleans, according to STATS. On special teams, they allowed Detroit to convert a fake punt, missed a field goal and negated a pair of 30-plus yard returns in the closely contested first half with penalties. San Francisco was flagged 11 times for the second straight week.""

Stunningly inept!

Kaep's fault!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win does crap. A win hurts more then anything. A win hurts draft position and gives York hope that Tomsula can be an HC. I do not want to win that is for sure. I hate saying that but its the truth. If we were seeing improvement every week then yes a win would be nice but this team has gone backwards. Wins will give this franchise false hope.

Three problems I see with your stance, though I do agree that we should be playing for draft position at this point (no QB on the roster, no impact WR, 1/2 an O-line, no pass rusher, etc).

1). York is still the owner, meaning...
2). Baalke will be drafting next year, and we already know that he can't draft offense to save his life.
3). I get the sneaking suspicion that Tomsula will be coaching next year. Us, obviously, as no owner in their right mind would hire this guy for anything other than comic relief at PC's.

Given 2 and 3, I FULLY expect Gabbert will be our QB next year, with nobody in the wings to take over.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Hayne at all. I know he needs work but he can't be much worse than what we have to work with at this point. This coaching staff baffles me. They are coaching like the 49ers are playing for playoff position. They play conservatively and continue to play certain veterans like they are trying to minimize mistakes. What they ought to be doing is playing more of the young guys, especially those that haven't seen a lot of playing time to get a better idea of what they can do in game situations.

They're clueless. The entire staff reminds me of a Benny Hill episode with people running around in circles at double time. If you gave them a coin with two heads, they'd STILL lose the coin toss. Not one of them will be in the league once they're not coaching the 9ers (I expect most will be back here next year for our awesome 2-14 season that gets us the top pick in the 2017 draft).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Stunningly inept!

Yep, if the opponent plays better and beats us, i can handle it. When you make too many mistakes and help them beat you, that is hard to handle. Penalties are mostly mental mistakes that can be reduced, SHOULD be reduced.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if the opponent plays better and beats us, i can handle it. When you make too many mistakes and help them beat you, that is hard to handle. Penalties are mostly mental mistakes that can be reduced, SHOULD be reduced.

15 games into the season you would think you'd see some improvement in this area. Instead, it only gets worse.