• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Lions

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Brown will be the starting RT. He got a good grade last game against cincy. Pears never graded better then Brown 1st game as a 49er. This is a positive sign. Even if AD comes back brown will give us depth. So out of this season we found out that Brown and Tiller can play at this level. Either as starters or good depth.

Im ready for next year already. I want this season to end. Im excited to see Tartt and Armstead next year. Besides that not much to get excited about yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want a top 5 pick. It will give us options.

i want to win....every game. Ok if we spell some vets with younger players, but lets play to win versus playing young guys.

Once the season ends, then we draft where we draft. A higher draft slot obviously helps, but you still have to choose the right players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Brown will be the starting RT. He got a good grade last game against cincy. Pears never graded better then Brown 1st game as a 49er. This is a positive sign. Even if AD comes back brown will give us depth. So out of this season we found out that Brown and Tiller can play at this level. Either as starters or good depth.

Im ready for next year already. I want this season to end. Im excited to see Tartt and Armstead next year. Besides that not much to get excited about yet.

Cosell said Brown played pretty well. He said Brown as a tall player makes a common mistake of bending at the waist which will cause him to lose leverage. Something for him to work on. He is probably far ahead of martin already.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to win....every game. Ok if we spell some vets with younger players, but lets play to win versus playing young guys.

Once the season ends, then we draft where we draft. A higher draft slot obviously helps, but you still have to choose the right players.
A win does crap. A win hurts more then anything. A win hurts draft position and gives York hope that Tomsula can be an HC. I do not want to win that is for sure. I hate saying that but its the truth. If we were seeing improvement every week then yes a win would be nice but this team has gone backwards. Wins will give this franchise false hope.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Lions pack it in I don't see the 49ers beating the Lions in Detroit next week even if the 49ers try to. 49er defense has been crappy on the road this season and with time to throw Stafford can be really effective. The issue is the last game of the week. All season the Rams have played down to their competition and it looks like they might be mailing it in also.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions came away with a win last night despite a missed field goal and I think 2 offensive turnovers. Don't see us winning.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they play the young guys like Harold, Brown and Cromartie. Give them valuable experience. Niners have nothing to gain with winning. Niners will keep it close, but at the end Lions win 24-10.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Lions pack it in I don't see the 49ers beating the Lions in Detroit next week even if the 49ers try to. 49er defense has been crappy on the road this season and with time to throw Stafford can be really effective. The issue is the last game of the week. All season the Rams have played down to their competition and it looks like they might be mailing it in also.
No way we beat Lions. No way we can cover Tate and Johnson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they play the young guys like Harold, Brown and Cromartie. Give them valuable experience. Niners have nothing to gain with winning. Niners will keep it close, but at the end Lions win 24-10.
I agree its time to play all the young guys to see what we have.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing what he has to offer.

He's gonna need a ton of work but the kid is a stud...think he could be good down the road. I can't figure out for the life of me that they don't just bring up Hayne and get him some reps returning...he has potential to be an absolute beast.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna need a ton of work but the kid is a stud...think he could be good down the road. I can't figure out for the life of me that they don't just bring up Hayne and get him some reps returning...he has potential to be an absolute beast.

I don't get Hayne at all. I know he needs work but he can't be much worse than what we have to work with at this point. This coaching staff baffles me. They are coaching like the 49ers are playing for playoff position. They play conservatively and continue to play certain veterans like they are trying to minimize mistakes. What they ought to be doing is playing more of the young guys, especially those that haven't seen a lot of playing time to get a better idea of what they can do in game situations.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Hayne at all. I know he needs work but he can't be much worse than what we have to work with at this point. This coaching staff baffles me. They are coaching like the 49ers are playing for playoff position. They play conservatively and continue to play certain veterans like they are trying to minimize mistakes. What they ought to be doing is playing more of the young guys, especially those that haven't seen a lot of playing time to get a better idea of what they can do in game situations.
this is why i dont trust this staff. they waiting to long to change oline. Tiller should of been in earlier, Brown should of got a chance earlier, hodges should of been starting maybe a week or so after the trade. they dont know when to make a change.