• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Bills

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will. They are worse than the Saints and the Lions. I don't know how they won against the Rams. They will be 1-7 as they go on their bye week. They're not even losing with class.

LOL. Hard to believe that they could actually be worse than last year, but it could happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure this is Kelly's guy. I read somewhere Kelly wanted Butch Davis but the FO nixed the hire. O'Neil is from the Parcells/B Belicheck tree and I would not be surprised if Baalke was behind the hire
That would suck if true. You need your HC to make his own hires and also pick his QB. that is the way it goes for HC. I hope Baalke is gone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kap was ok in the first half. Of course my expectations were very low. He had accuracy issues. At least I didn't have to watch 3 yard Checkdown on 3rd and 10. Even if we had an elite QB, we would still struggle to be a -500 team with this defense. Losing right now isn't the worst thing anywsy right now so we can get good draft position. I don't care who the QB is right now. This team has so many holes. Right now my biggest concern is in the Front Office and getting a new GM.
Good Post. Front office is a mess and York Screwed this whole team up. This team wont be good for a couple of years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett and the rest of the oline received poor grades from PFF. I found that surprising because I didn't think the pass blocking was that bad. Kap often had time to throw. I guess we are so used to how poorly the line played last year, this year looks really good in comparison. Garnett had one holding penalty but that is all I noticed. Run blocking wasn't good and that was noticeable

Top offensive grades

WR Quinton Patton, 74.2
TE Vance McDonald, 67.3
TE Garrett Celek, 66.0
HB Shaun Draughn, 56.8
Michael Davis, 56.6

Offense lifeless in Buffalo

One clear indicator that this offense had an awful day on Sunday is two players cracking their top five with overall grades in the 50s. The offensive line was abysmal, allowing 17 total pressures between them in pass protection and the interior part of the line was especially bad at run-blocking, with LG Zane Beadles, C Daniel Kilgore and RG Joshua Garnett earning run-blocking grades of 35.4, 37.1 and 34.5 respectively. Quinton Patton had a reasonably productive day, hauling in four of six targets for 50 yards to go with some nice run blocks on some runs that made it to the outside or downfield.

Top defensive grades:

CB Trumaine Brock 83.9
DE Arik Armstead 79.5
DT Quinton Dial 76.1
DE DeForest Buckner 73.1
CB Keith Reasor 71

Defense struggles to contain Taylor/McCoy

CB Trumaine Brock was one of the few bright spots for San Francisco’s defense as he only allowed one catch on the day for three yards while also breaking up a pass. The majority of the 49ers issues came stopping the run as they allowed an astounding 287 yards on 41 carries. They missed six tackles on the day which led to 117 yards after contact. The linebackers had a tough time getting off blocks at the second level, which in turn freed up some rushing lanes and also led to Micheal Wilhoites 40.5 run defense grade and Nick Bellores 57.1 grade in that department.

PFF’s player grading process includes multiple reviews, which may change the grade initially published in order to increase its accuracy. Learn more about how we grade and access grades for every player through each week of the NFL season by subscribing to Player Grades.
No way Mike Davis graded out well. He had 3 drops. he was one of the worse players on the field yesterday. Oline played OK. Nothing special. Pass protection was ok, run blocking was an issue.

On D No one played well. It was nice to see the Armstead sack fumble and Buckner pick it up but besides that D sucked. Brock played ok but the player that played well was robinson before he got hurt,.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just stop man. Kap did his part. 55 yard TD says enough, also that end zone play says enough. Hater thats all u are. again no one is saying it was great it was just the best game by a QB this year on the 49ers. He did it in 1 game. LOL LEAST AMOUNT OF 3 and outs all season. LOL
Ha ha. he under threw Smith by 5 yards and he had to circle back to get the ball. The coverage was missed and you know it. Just stop. You talkin' about the end zone play where Kaepernick missed a wide open Smith in the end zone? Hmmmm. He is horrendous. Best game of the year? You forgot about the Rams game. Your blind love for Kapernick is creepy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. he under threw Smith by 5 yards and he had to circle back to get the ball. The coverage was missed and you know it. Just stop. You talkin' about the end zone play where Kaepernick missed a wide open Smith in the end zone? Hmmmm. He is horrendous. Best game of the year? You forgot about the Rams game. Your blind love for Kapernick is creepy.
In 30-40 mph winds. Gabberts ball would of went backwards. LOL Yes Rams game was good but we all know now that it was a fluke how the whole team played. D led that team win and Hyde with his 2 TDs. Dont act like it was Gabbert. I will give you this, it was his best game.

I will give my full opinion on Kap after 3 games like I said I would. Overall 1st game in a year, on the road, against a good D, he played better then I thought. It was nice to see the offense move the ball. Defense just didnt show up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't read everything on 49er's Webzone yet, but so far my biggest concern is the same......run defense. If there was one thing i thought we'd be good at by now, is run defense. Granted, Bowman got hurt but i'm thinking more D-line than front 7.

Kaep was a little rusty so his results isn't surprising. Want to see him in on TV next game, cause then you can tell how much "deer in the headlights" remain?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In 30-40 mph winds. Gabberts ball would of went backwards. LOL Yes Rams game was good but we all know now that it was a fluke how the whole team played. D led that team win and Hyde with his 2 TDs. Dont act like it was Gabbert. I will give you this, it was his best game.

I will give my full opinion on Kap after 3 games like I said I would. Overall 1st game in a year, on the road, against a good D, he played better then I thought. It was nice to see the offense move the ball. Defense just didnt show up.

yeah, i said this too last week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if anyone notice during the game but Kap actually did ok looking at his progressions. I saw improvement from him in that area last game. He just didnt stare down 1 guy(couple plays he did). Overall he did ok in this area. Still needs to be better but happy to see him learning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if anyone notice during the game but Kap actually did ok looking at his progressions. I saw improvement from him in that area last game. He just didnt stare down 1 guy(couple plays he did). Overall he did ok in this area. Still needs to be better but happy to see him learning.

Listen to Cosell's podcast on KNBR from yesterday afternoon. Kap is what he is. He is never going to be that accomplished QB and there are issues with ability to go through progressions within the office. But he was better with looking downfield than last year and going to other receivers and more comfortable in the pocket compared to last year when he was completely shell shocked.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! It certainly did nothing for his accuracy. 13 for 29 was the worst completion percentage turned in by a 49er QB since Alex Smith's rookie year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! It certainly did nothing for his accuracy. 13 for 29 was the worst completion percentage turned in by a 49er QB since Alex Smith's rookie year.
at half time he was 8-11, 2nd half had to do with D and special teams turning the lead from 24-16 to 38-16. Different game plan. Also he was throwing down field a lot. Still no excuses but overall had more yards then most games this season and 1st downs. good stuff.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still beating off to Kaepernick's mediocre performance I see.

We had a season low in points and the only touchdown we got was due to a completely blown coverage. Yea he's definitely going through his progressions well when he's nearly dead last in accuracy. Let's see, out of all the players who have thrown more than 3 passes this year, the only guy less accurate than Kaepernick is Drew Stanton.

"Yea but Kaepernick is amazing! It's just the defense's fault that he didn't complete his passes.:wank:"

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at half time he was 8-11, 2nd half had to do with D and special teams turning the lead from 24-16 to 38-16. Different game plan. Also he was throwing down field a lot. Still no excuses but overall had more yards then most games this season and 1st downs. good stuff.

teams play an entire game, not just a half.

in the past, Kaep had issues in the 4th quarter, nothing new here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still beating off to Kaepernick's mediocre performance I see.

We had a season low in points and the only touchdown we got was due to a completely blown coverage. Yea he's definitely going through his progressions well when he's nearly dead last in accuracy. Let's see, out of all the players who have thrown more than 3 passes this year, the only guy less accurate than Kaepernick is Drew Stanton.

"Yea but Kaepernick is amazing! It's just the defense's fault that he didn't complete his passes.:wank:"
Hey u are the one that said amazing not me. U are on record now. I dont think anyone said amazing. Stop making stuff up its getting bad on your part. I think the best I heard was ok. I agree with ok. Yards and 1st downs were a plus and him going through his progressions were a good sign. Him throwing doen field was a plus. It was his 1st game in a year LOL Damn u need to chill and stop being a Kap hater. Life is too short to hate someone that much man.

This is my last time telling you. You might not be that smart to understand so it falls on you now. I Dont love Kap. If I did I wouldnt want a new QB next year. I wouldnt want Kap Cut. I have mention this in at least 25 posts this year. The facts are the offense was a lot better to watch. 99% of the football world agreed on this. It has been talked about a lot on TV and Internet. He moved the 49ers down to score the most this year 7 drives. Yes we only got 16pts but like most that know football the game was over the next time the O got on the field. 24-16 to 38-16. U either have a crush on me or you hate Kap so much that its blinding you.

No one is saying Kap is this great QB except for you now. He just adds more excitement to this offense and team. This team is bad no matter what. Watching Gabbert play offense was like watching paint dry. Having Kap in there throwing 55 yard bombs is fun to watch, and escaping safeties.

Top 3 pick here we come.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, first half stats are huge aren't they; so very important. What it actually goes to show you was that the Bills adjusted to what the 49ers were doing at half time and Kaepernick was baffled by it and collapsed going 5 for18 in the second half. Heck 5 for 18 is not even a good batting average in baseball and it is a horrendous completion percentage for an NFL QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, first half stats are huge aren't they; so very important. What it actually goes to show you was that the Bills adjusted to what the 49ers were doing at half time and Kaepernick was baffled by it and collapsed going 5 for18 in the second half. Heck 5 for 18 is not even a good batting average in baseball and it is a horrendous completion percentage for an NFL QB.
Yes Bills coaching staff did a better job then 49ers coaching staff in the 2nd half. I agree. Our D made what 1 stop in the 2nd half. LOL Special teams cost us 2 drives(1 fumble and offside on 4th down to give bills a 1st down.).

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey u are the one that said amazing not me. U are on record now. I dont think anyone said amazing. Stop making stuff up its getting bad on your part. I think the best I heard was ok.

"offense looks so much better. D sucks. Kap looks good."

The best you heard was ok. Nope. There's a quote right there, stated by you of course. Despite the fact that the offense put up the least amount of points we have all season and Kaepernick is second to dead last in terms of accuracy.

I agree with ok. Yards and 1st downs were a plus and him going through his progressions were a good sign. Him throwing doen field was a plus. It was his 1st game in a year LOL Damn u need to chill and stop being a Kap hater. Life is too short to hate someone that much man.

This was a season low in points and you keep failing to acknowledge this. Who gives a fuck how many yards we get or how many first downs we get if they don't result in points? This is a major concern considering that the only touchdown we got was a blown coverage. But that won't stop you from praising Kaepernick consistently.

This is my last time telling you. You might not be that smart to understand so it falls on you now. I Dont love Kap.

You sure about that? You're easily the biggest Kaep fanboy on this entire site. You do nothing but praise him. Even when there is absolutely nothing to praise him about (like being the second least accurate passer in the league and giving us a season low in points). None of that stops you from running your mouth about how amazing he is.

"offense looks so much better. D sucks. Kap looks good." (Season low in points and the second least accurate QB in the league, you're delusional)

"So there is 1 report that a WR is happy that Kap is starting. He is excited. T. Smith saod almost the same thing."

"T. Smith has posted and talked about how excited he is that is communication with Kap has been great."

"40mph winds. love what im seeing. Finally we have a starting QB."

"offense looks better. its 100% fact now." (That's actually dead wrong)

"just that offense is better with him in the game." (Dead wrong)

"Kap and offense looked a lot better."

"kap did his part."

"offense is just run better with kap"

Need I find more? Because I could find plenty. For a guy who doesn't love Kaepernick, you sure do spend a lot of time praising him when there is nothing there to praise. Wipe your mouth after you're done sucking him off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"offense looks so much better. D sucks. Kap looks good."

The best you heard was ok. Nope. There's a quote right there, stated by you of course. Despite the fact that the offense put up the least amount of points we have all season and Kaepernick is second to dead last in terms of accuracy.

This was a season low in points and you keep failing to acknowledge this. Who gives a fuck how many yards we get or how many first downs we get if they don't result in points? This is a major concern considering that the only touchdown we got was a blown coverage. But that won't stop you from praising Kaepernick consistently.

You sure about that? You're easily the biggest Kaep fanboy on this entire site. You do nothing but praise him. Even when there is absolutely nothing to praise him about (like being the second least accurate passer in the league and giving us a season low in points). None of that stops you from running your mouth about how amazing he is.

"offense looks so much better. D sucks. Kap looks good." (Season low in points and the second least accurate QB in the league, you're delusional)

"So there is 1 report that a WR is happy that Kap is starting. He is excited. T. Smith saod almost the same thing."

"T. Smith has posted and talked about how excited he is that is communication with Kap has been great."

"40mph winds. love what im seeing. Finally we have a starting QB."

"offense looks better. its 100% fact now." (That's actually dead wrong)

"just that offense is better with him in the game." (Dead wrong)

"Kap and offense looked a lot better."

"kap did his part."

"offense is just run better with kap"

Need I find more? Because I could find plenty. For a guy who doesn't love Kaepernick, you sure do spend a lot of time praising him when there is nothing there to praise. Wipe your mouth after you're done sucking him off.
Thank you, U made my argument. Did not see amazing in any of them. Thank god this one is over. Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Way to man up.

Still dont see amazing. I see ok, good, offense looked better but no amazing. All my line were facts.

Nope not a Kap fan just realistic about who is better and the fact is that Kap is better. 99% off the football world saw it and know it. Even Coach kelly said offense looked better. LOL

Look u want to hate all you want and that is fine we all see that u have no football knowledge on Kap. U just hate him and blinded by it. I have posted 100 times I want him gone after this year. Cut him and move on. If that is me being a fan boy I am guilty. Im a 49ers fan 1st then fan of players. I like to see a better product on the field and right now that is Kap over Gabbert. Kap drove the ball down 6 times most all year year. 1 TD, 3 FGs, 2 went for it. That is what I see. Receivers were happy you can see in their pressers that it was fun to see the ball thrown pass 5 yards. Then you have the crazy play Kap did to get out of a Safety. If Gabbert is in that game that is a Safety. Then add 6 drops the most all year by the receivers. There were positives and Yes there were some negatives. For his 1st game in a year I will take it and the offense was fun to watch for once.