• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Bills

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we knew he'd play sooner or later, might as well be now. but Beadles must be playing well with Staley, cause i'd have bet he would exit first.

oh well, we'll see how the chemistry goes on the right side?

Yea, I am not sure why Tiller. But obviously they felt Garnett would be better on the right side

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be like watching a train wreck.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in seeing the strategy used with Kap actually. I mean, he has to have been playing really horribly in practice for Gabbert to be starting over him, so I'm not very hopeful. I really hope they just tell him "run if you need to." That's the only way I think he will be useful.

We will probably lose, but at least it's a change I guess.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am interested in seeing the strategy used with Kap actually. I mean, he has to have been playing really horribly in practice for Gabbert to be starting over him, so I'm not very hopeful. I really hope they just tell him "run if you need to." That's the only way I think he will be useful.

yep, probably lean on him to Z/R or called QB runs, but i'm ok with that. For passing downs, if he has to run fine, just make the decision quicker. Even if he only runs for 3 yards, beats holding onto the ball too long.

Teams don't play well every single week, that's why upsets happen. So while i can't say odds are we'll win, not thinking we've already lost.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shocked about the
Report: Joshua Garnett taking over at right guard

No need to post Kap stuff here that was posted in another thread. In other news, Garnett named starter on oline.
Garnett switch. I thought Tiller was playing fine. Kilgore mention that it might mess up the communication on the Oline but said he will work double time with him to get him caught up.

I dont get this move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasnt playing because of his contract. He would of been the starter sooner if the contract was changed. They been working on his new contract for 2-3 weeks now. Players have said Kap has looked good but then the HC says he hasnt looked as good in practice as Gabbert. Weird stuff.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasnt playing because of his contract. He would of been the starter sooner if the contract was changed. They been working on his new contract for 2-3 weeks now. Players have said Kap has looked good but then the HC says he hasnt looked as good in practice as Gabbert. Weird stuff.

I think there are a couple elements involved. One, Kaeps weight...he looks really thin compared to years past which is a concern from an injury standpoint because of his old contract stipulations. Two, we've already seen how he responds to pressure when the Oline falls apart and it's worse than Gabbert (maybe)...it's looked much better this year despite our record and Kaep adds another element (running) that Kellys offense calls for. There's no mystery to the restructure of his contract and the decision to make him the starter. I think Baalke is on the hot seat for sure...like right now...and there will most likely be a change by the end of the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a couple elements involved. One, Kaeps weight...he looks really thin compared to years past which is a concern from an injury standpoint because of his old contract stipulations. Two, we've already seen how he responds to pressure when the Oline falls apart and it's worse than Gabbert (maybe)...it's looked much better this year despite our record and Kaep adds another element (running) that Kellys offense calls for. There's no mystery to the restructure of his contract and the decision to make him the starter. I think Baalke is on the hot seat for sure...like right now...and there will most likely be a change by the end of the season.
I wouldnt be surprise if Kelly tells kap look at your 1 read and if its not there run. Kelly can run Kap into the ground now with out any back lash.

Im still a little surprise the change at RG. It would of been nice to see Kap play with the Oline before any Oline changes.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be surprise if Kelly tells kap look at your 1 read and if its not there run. Kelly can run Kap into the ground now with out any back lash.

Im still a little surprise the change at RG. It would of been nice to see Kap play with the Oline before any Oline changes.

Yea it's a little weird...I thought Tiller was doing a pretty good job. JG must really be showing something in practice I guess. I think his run blocking is far superior to Tiller, but Tiller I think is more rounded at this point. Looks like Kelly is starting to think of next year already which at this point is palpable with all of the injuries on D and a serious lack of someone stepping in the WR corps.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

apparently, Tiller is a good pass protector but not as good run blocking? Garnett was bound to play and he is expected to provide good run blocking now. what might be messed up in his first game, is pass protect.

we can only wait and see over these next few games, not just the Buffalo game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, Tiller is a good pass protector but not as good run blocking? Garnett was bound to play and he is expected to provide good run blocking now. what might be messed up in his first game, is pass protect.

we can only wait and see over these next few games, not just the Buffalo game.
very true. Yes I heard that to that Garnett is a better run blocker but with Kap back there you would think you would want the better pass protector.

Either way yes I agree Kelly is starting to look into next year. Giving the young kid some time now will help for next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
very true. Yes I heard that to that Garnett is a better run blocker but with Kap back there you would think you would want the better pass protector.

Either way yes I agree Kelly is starting to look into next year. Giving the young kid some time now will help for next year.

I guess we can take this as a good sign for Beadles, that he is playing well enough to remain the starter. IF Kelly was starting to look into next year, you'd think Beadles would be the one to sit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep ball: Colin Kaepernick must threaten defenses down field

This is the obvious theory, but can he do it consistently? Likely not, but "every other time" beats zero from Gabbert.

Wouldn't judge Kaep by ONLY this next game, but if we hope to win "every other game", we hope this works. We're only talking enough successful times to make it a legit threat. We shouldn't throw it deep too many times.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep ball: Colin Kaepernick must threaten defenses down field

This is the obvious theory, but can he do it consistently? Likely not, but "every other time" beats zero from Gabbert.

Wouldn't judge Kaep by ONLY this next game, but if we hope to win "every other game", we hope this works. We're only talking enough successful times to make it a legit threat. We shouldn't throw it deep too many times.
Yes Im giving 3 games to judge. Remember this is like his 1st live action in 1 year. Should be interesting.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all get started early.