• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too comfortable if I were Michigan. Ohio State being in the 2 spot is a strong spot, Michigan being in the 5 with Penn State and Wisconsin directly behind them isn't, even with the head to head wins. I don't think Penn State could jump Michigan if they win the conference but Wisky easily could. The committee could basically say the game was close enough that they believe on an even field Wisconsin and Michigan are equal, and with a conference championship (if Wisky were to win it) that would give them the edge
Neither is jumping Washington though.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Weber will be what you see from him. Hard nosed runner and get you the tough yards. He isn't going to turn into Elliott. He is much smaller and slower than Elliott. He will struggle against any physical defense. He will tear up soft defenses who arm tackle though.

Samuel is a great back in space. I'm guessing this is why they moved him to the slot, as he wouldn't be very effective running between the tackles. The problem is -- without any threats on the outside. I can see teams doing what UM did and putting their top CB on him (he only had like 45-50 yards of offense in regulation with 15 coming on the first end around)

And I know many fans want to go back to 2014's team, but OSU's had some freak talent at the skill positions. The two teams are completely different.

You keep repeating this about Weber and I think you are full of it. Weber is better than any back on Michigan's team. He is a freshman on a team that has had a very inconsistent passing game and offensive line play. Let's pump the brakes on the "we've seen the best Mike Weber has to offer" talk

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep repeating this about Weber and I think you are full of it. Weber is better than any back on Michigan's team. He is a freshman on a team that has had a very inconsistent passing game and offensive line play. Let's pump the brakes on the "we've seen the best Mike Weber has to offer" talk

you can chalk that up to sour grapes. they wanted him bad.

next year the OL will be better and able to create holes for weber better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the guy all through high school -- he played 10 minutes from my house. Would I love to have him on UM? ABSOLUTELY. I've stated already, I think UM's RBs are hot garbage, sans Chris Evans. With Weber, he hits the hole and runs downhill, but will struggle against defenses he can't run through arm tackles on. He'd be great for the offense UM runs though.

He doesn't have the athleticism of OSU's last few backs though. He isn't going to make many guys miss in space and doesn't have the extra gear like Elliott had. I think OSU fans are confused with what I meant with the comments. He is a quality RB, but not the type of RB OSU fans are used to seeing. I honestly wouldn't be shocked at all if OSU were to get Cam Akers or one of the other elite backs, if Weber becomes more of a short yardage, goal line back for OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can chalk that up to sour grapes. they wanted him bad.

next year the OL will be better and able to create holes for weber better.

It isn't sour grapes. As I just said, he is a quality back. I said from the beginning of the year, and I'm sure @Across The Field can attest. I said Weber will do damage against soft defenses, but will struggle against a defense that can tackle.

Id say I was pretty much spot on with everything I said. If I hadn't watched about a dozen of his high school games. I wouldn't have even commented.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't sour grapes. As I just said, he is a quality back. I said from the beginning of the year, and I'm sure @Across The Field can attest. I said Weber will do damage against soft defenses, but will struggle against a defense that can tackle.

Id say I was pretty much spot on with everything I said. If I hadn't watched about a dozen of his high school games. I wouldn't have even commented.
Yeah, you did, but they're also right about the fact that the kid is just a freshman playing behind a fairly young OL. Give him some time before you decide his entire career.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you did, but they're also right about the fact that the kid is just a freshman playing behind a fairly young OL. Give him some time before you decide his entire career.

I'm not saying he won't be fantastic for OSU. I think he will in the overwhelming majority of his games, as there aren't a lot of good physical defenses in college. Those are the games that separate the good RB's from the great RB's though.

The one thing that always stuck out to me about Weber, even in HS. His lack of making tacklers miss. I think he will be a very good RB for OSU, but won't be a guy they helps make OSU's offense explosive. It is almost splitting hairs though and tells you how high the bar is at OSU in my eyes. I'd take him at UM in a heartbeat, but I have a feeling OSU will have someone pass him up who can make guys miss and is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

I can only hope UM is able to set the bar that high at the RB position.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spotted us 6? We spotted you 21. OSU's longest TD drive in regulation was 13 yards. We fumbled a snap at the 1, which is worse than missing two FG's.

And stop already with 'pics' of the 'first down'. NO ONE has a pic. All anyone is showing is photoshopped pics. If there was an actual pic -- the refs would have said the call was confirmed on the field during the game. They did not. Which means all the 'proof' either side has is non-sense.

21 points? Missed chipshots are one thing but confusing the QB with coverage or getting pressure on him to make throws is another thing lol.

Then it was a 1st down. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get OSU fans. Be happy for the win. Like I told Slinky -- I couldn't care less if my team was outplayed as long as they win in the end. That is all that matters. If you'd like to give UM the win -- I will happily say OSU kicked our ass.

I see scUM fans whining and crying in this thread (mainly Maize). If you don't think tOhio St fans are excited then I don't know what to say lol. They are ecstatic but all we hear is scUM fans bitching and whining, that shit gets annoying.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he won't be fantastic for OSU. I think he will in the overwhelming majority of his games, as there aren't a lot of good physical defenses in college. Those are the games that separate the good RB's from the great RB's though.

The one thing that always stuck out to me about Weber, even in HS. His lack of making tacklers miss. I think he will be a very good RB for OSU, but won't be a guy they helps make OSU's offense explosive. It is almost splitting hairs though and tells you how high the bar is at OSU in my eyes. I'd take him at UM in a heartbeat, but I have a feeling OSU will have someone pass him up who can make guys miss and is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

I can only hope UM is able to set the bar that high at the RB position.
I am wondering how the new RB coming in next year, Dobbins, is going to pan out. He's like 5'10", 200 which is right around what Zeke came to OSU at. He's electric from everything I've seen. With Samuel leaving, there will be carries to go around, and a guy like Dobbins along with Demario McCall will definitely be a more electrifying backfield. However, you are right about him not looking like Zeke quite yet. He seems to have more Boom Herron to his game, if anything.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see scUM fans whining and crying in this thread (mainly Maize). If you don't think tOhio St fans are excited then I don't know what to say lol. They are ecstatic but all we hear is scUM fans bitching and whining, that shit gets annoying.

Imagine if they called the PI in OT on OSU on the 3rd down pass and UM went on to score a TD and then the 4th down play for Barrett was called short and UM won. I'm guessing OSU fans would take over the role many UM fans had this past week.

It is just frustration. Nothing else. Both fans bases want their team to win. UM had their shots and didn't get it done. The OT calls just gave fans another excuse to be upset.

And I know OSU fans are excited. I watched the game with one (he had a #28 OSU jersey on -- it looked old school though). Who wore 28?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they called the PI in OT on OSU on the 3rd down pass and UM went on to score a TD and then the 4th down play for Barrett was called short and UM won. I'm guessing OSU fans would take over the role many UM fans had this past week.

It is just frustration. Nothing else. Both fans bases want their team to win. UM had their shots and didn't get it done. The OT calls just gave fans another excuse to be upset.

And I know OSU fans are excited. I watched the game with one (he had a #28 OSU jersey on -- it looked old school though). Who wore 28?
Beanie Wells

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that as well. Michigan was complete trash in the 4th Quarter on offense and choked the game away. If we have a better QB that Speight, we win by 1 or 2 scores.

Even though JT struggled the running game started to work and they began to move the ball. They had 2 drives in the 4th quarter that were 10 plays for 61 yards and 13 plays for 77 yards. One ended in a missed FG, the other was the game tying FG.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if it was PI, which it was, there is nothing to complain about LOL. And if the player got the 1st down, like he did, there is no complaints.
The thing scum fans should be upset about is letting Samuel pull off that crazy run to even give Ohio St a chance to go for it. You can only blame yourselves.

Beanie, long run against LSU in the NCG

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering how the new RB coming in next year, Dobbins, is going to pan out. He's like 5'10", 200 which is right around what Zeke came to OSU at. He's electric from everything I've seen. With Samuel leaving, there will be carries to go around, and a guy like Dobbins along with Demario McCall will definitely be a more electrifying backfield. However, you are right about him not looking like Zeke quite yet. He seems to have more Boom Herron to his game, if anything.

I don't know how they will be. But I'd rather not see another Zeke Elliott any time soon, unless he is wearing maize and blue.

To put OSU RB's in perspective from my point of view. I'm the leading scorer in my NFL fantasy league with a RB duo of Zeke Elliott and Carlos Hyde. I think between the two they have me like 22 tds

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it was PI, which it was, there is nothing to complain about LOL. And if the player got the 1st down, like he did, there is no complaints.
The thing scum fans should be upset about is letting Samuel pull off that crazy run to even give Ohio St a chance to go for it. You can only blame yourselves.

Beanie, long run against LSU in the NCG

It is easy to say after the fact when talking only hypothetically. If the calls were reversed -- I would bet my life we'd see the same thing (not from all OSU fans) because it is a game that had national title implications.

With the Samuel run -- it is what it is. He made a great play and is a great athlete. You just tip your cap on plays like that. I'd have rather he scored on that play than how it played out. It just made it worse with the play that followed with Barrett.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how they will be. But I'd rather not see another Zeke Elliott any time soon, unless he is wearing maize and blue.

To put OSU RB's in perspective from my point of view. I'm the leading scorer in my NFL fantasy league with a RB duo of Zeke Elliott and Carlos Hyde. I think between the two they have me like 22 tds
I love your choice of picks. I had the option to draft Zeke but, you see, I'm a complete shithead and went with Lamar Miller instead. Now I'm watching the dude who drafted Zeke clinch first place for the regular season while I struggle for a playoff birth.

Speaking of RBs wearing the M&B, what's the deal with Walker?