• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 huge flaws

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not saying that Wentz did not do things that were wrong. My thing is that some are saying he did a lot wrong and I was merely pointing out that he did more good than bad. Being top 10 in every major category is not indicitive of a QB that did a lot of things bad.

I can agree with you here... thing his, he needs to do more good and less bad for the Eagles to have a chance against the Chiefs... Lots of roomimprovement left.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with you here... thing his, he needs to do more good and less bad for the Eagles to have a chance against the Chiefs... Lots of roomimprovement left.

Two long balls should do the trick. Just has to know where Houston is coming from. Berry is out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will admit that if he hits on a couple of those longballs the dominating performance becomes an embarrassing beatdown for the skins. There were 2 longballs to Jeffrey and both were underthrown. Jeffrey had a good opportunity to make a play on one of them and I thought he could have made it. The other he did a good job preventing the INT. However.......I think we are a few weeks from getting in sync with Jeffrey. He most of the pre-season and was limited in practice. It is going to take some time with that. For Smith, Wentz only needs to look at film and he should be able to fix it. On the deep ovethrow he puts a little more air and it is an easy 6. He will see that.

I am very please with what Wentz has shown so far. I was afraid of the 2nd year hangover but he showed Sunday that he is going to be one of the best in the NFL. His pocket presence is amazing.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game a season is not made out of. Wentz was very very good on Sunday against the Redskins. He is turning into a star and if anyone wants to dwell on a bad pass here and there then so be it. Every QB in the league throws bad passes, some are luckier than others as far as INT's go. Not many QB's can make the plays that Wentz made in that game, The throw to Agholor for the TD, the throw i think was his best one was on the run to Ertz along the left sideline. The kid can ball. Does it mean he doesn't have work to do no it doesn't he and Smith need to get more in the same page. Same with Jeffrey on the long passes (although I was surprised Jeffrey didn't come down with any of those 50-50 balls that is a strength of his).

The offensive line is having problems with stunts. That may be because they simply have not played together enough. Lets not forget they had a revolving door last year .Had it again on Sunday with Peters going out. I think the oline gets stronger as the season goes on health withstanding. I think BIG V actually played pretty well at left tackle once Peters went out.

The CB were just fine on SUnday. Jalen Mills is turning into a good corner, he is a steal of a 7th round pick. Patrick Robinson is better than any corner we had last year. The issue is going to be can Watkins and the Rookie Douglas fill in for Darby while he is out. Something nobody is talking about is Darby and Jones could be back the same week.

The Eagles are going to lose to KC in KC, very tough place to play. The game will be close but they may lose it on a miss field or field goal given up. Tough to win back to back games on the road in this league. Losing to KC though doesn't make this a bad team. The schedule makes have done no favors to the Eagles for the second season in a row. Teams who are not head and shoulders above the rest in this league will struggle with that.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With the loss of Darby we are back to having the worst CBs in the league.
2. Our OLine cant run block. Didnt have one run for over 10 yards (Not even 50 total)
3. Peterson is a bad playcaller. He threw WAAAAY too much. Everytime its 3rd down he calls a screen that loses yards. That 2 point play was abysmal. He doesnt understand game situations.

We are an 8-8 team.

So let me get this straight…..Our o-line can't run block, but Pederson is a bad play caller because he threw the ball too much…..

I'm not even a Pederson fan either :pound:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight…..Our o-line can't run block, but Pederson is a bad play caller because he threw the ball too much…..

I'm not even a Pederson fan either :pound:

You cant totally abandon the run game. We are a pretty good team on the rise. Definitely had chances to beat the Chiefs but this team needs to upgrade the interior OLine and need a star RB. Pretty easy positions to fill. Sidney Jones is a crucial CRUCIAL part of the rebuild. If he is good the Eagles are going to be an excellent team in a few year. Got to get a run game though.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant totally abandon the run game. We are a pretty good team on the rise. Definitely had chances to beat the Chiefs but this team needs to upgrade the interior OLine and need a star RB. Pretty easy positions to fill. Sidney Jones is a crucial CRUCIAL part of the rebuild. If he is good the Eagles are going to be an excellent team in a few year. Got to get a run game though.

True... but even when running the KC did not respect it in any way.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.. I see we lost 2 players in our secondary from this game. Our secondary was thin to begin with and now 2 more down? Ugh! It's going to be interesting who the Eagles bring in until our guys get healthy again.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember 3 now....2 by Jeffery and one by Smith....I remember them clearly after the game...today not so much.

I am not saying that Wentz did not do things that were wrong. My thing is that some are saying he did a lot wrong and I was merely pointing out that he did more good than bad. Being top 10 in every major category is not indicitive of a QB that did a lot of things bad.

I said every pass he threw to Ertz was perfect and right on target. Ertz was targeted 8 times - the most of anyone on the team. I have been a huge wentz supporter from the start. I simply said, in his first showing he seemed to be throwing pin point or way off, not a lot of in between. I remember receivers having to jump up quite a bit. The longer passes all fell short except for 1, that was too far. The shorter seemed too high. I figure he is still getting up to game speed, which is very different than practice. I think your making way too much of things and looking for an argument if your honestly trying to pin me as a Wentz hater. Your 100% wrong on that conclusion, bud.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has some things to clean up. He gets a lot of passes tipped at the line for such a big guy, and fumbles a lot too, as he always seeks to hang in there a la Big Ben.

But anyone focusing on Wentz as a big part of our problems hasn't been paying good attention. Our main problem right now is the lack of a consistent run game. Look at Atlanta last night as an example of how much better your passing game can be if you exhibit balance, and actually force teams to honor your play action passing game.

Reporters are starting to focus on Howie as the problem with the run game, saying the RBs on the team are simply not very good. I think there is something to that for sure--when a 34-year-old Sproles is your best back, that should raise alarm bells. But I also think the interior OL is part of the problem.

Kelce as we all know gets manhandled every snap, and Seumalo seems to be struggling badly at LG. I think they need to consider a change inside, perhaps starting Warmack and Wiz, but I doubt they do this to be honest--they will stubbornly stick with the current guys all season long.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has some things to clean up. He gets a lot of passes tipped at the line for such a big guy, and fumbles a lot too, as he always seeks to hang in there a la Big Ben.

I worry that we'll have to just live with those. Might cost us some playoff games in big spots, but he is really really good and it's going to be awesome having him as our QB for a while.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have ourselves a young superstar in Wentz. The one thing I hope he doesn't abandon is his legs, he's freakishly athletic for a QB his size - he needs to use his legs when the pocket clears and running lanes open up. It's crazy impressive he can keep his eyes down field the whole time, but he's got to learn to see the running lanes and take off as well. That will make him a big time dual-threat that defenses must adjust to, and will demoralize when coverage is good but he can take off and get the 1st, and it will gas out the d-line quicker.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Wentz so good is that he is a pure pocket passer that is very strong and mobile.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has some things to work on with regards to ball security, but for a kid who's still relatively green ... I love what I see. He has 700 yards of Offense in 2 games with 4 TD's and looks to have taken the next step in his development. He clearly has everything you want in a Franchise QB.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has some things to work on with regards to ball security, but for a kid who's still relatively green ... I love what I see. He has 700 yards of Offense in 2 games with 4 TD's and looks to have taken the next step in his development. He clearly has everything you want in a Franchise QB.

Yup. Reminds me quite a bit of Aaron Rodgers. Hope he can continue to improve.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'd like to see against Kansas City:

1. More balanced offensive attack. I really don't want to let Justin Houston rush toward Wentz 39 times on Sunday. Let's keep KC on their heels a bit with a more balanced attack.

2. Better pass protection. Surely, the offensive line needs to improve and hopefully Peters will be back, bu this also includes less playing time for Smallwood and possibly more playing time for Sproles or Clement.

3. Barnett more involved. This isn't really necessary since the defensive line played so well but I think he'll be key to this team having a strong pass rush throughout the season so I'd like to see him produce.

4. Connecting on a deep pass. We were so close with Smith a few times, it'd be nice to take the top off the defense, especially with Berry out. If this team is able to consistently stretch the field, it'll hopefully open up things for the running game, so circle back to #1 of the things I'd like to see.

Fail
Fail
Fail
Sort-of-pass