• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 huge flaws

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what you mean by "will they".

From where I sit, there is no doubt KC is a tougher challenge than Washington. Do you disagree?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what you mean by "will they".

From where I sit, there is no doubt KC is a tougher challenge than Washington. Do you disagree?
With 10 days, I agree Andy will come up with something. With our front seven, I'm not worried about Hunt. Between the LBs and Jenkins I like our chances against Kelce. I'm most worried about Hill blowing up. I don't get the big worries about the team after game one.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, fair enough. I am not more worried than before, but I think the questions we saw in preseason remain issues, even though we beat what looks to be a pretty mediocre Redskins team. My expectations remain about the same, 8-8, though I hope to be surprised on the upside.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy about some things but all in all we beat a division opponent and are 1-0. Things could be worse. These guys have really only played a little over a quarter in the preseason so there is still some rust to knock off.

Will be interesting to see Doug vs. Andy.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 10 days, I agree Andy will come up with something. With our front seven, I'm not worried about Hunt. Between the LBs and Jenkins I like our chances against Kelce. I'm most worried about Hill blowing up. I don't get the big worries about the team after game one.

Whatever we do, Hill will probably have a few big plays. Hopefully we can just limit him. I'm most worried about a guy named Justin Houston getting some big hits in on Wentz.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some of the negativity and scratch my head. I wonder what game some of you watched because you would think the Eagles got their asses handed to them. Instead we beat a division opponent on the road in a dominating (defensively) fashion. Here are my takes on the game.

Doug Pederson: He was flat horrible. His play calling was as bad as we seen during the Andy Reid games. He tried to get too cute at times. Running the same formation 5 times (Agholor in motion) and none of them working is a sign of how inept he was. As a defense the moment I see Agholor go in motion I am creeping up in the box because I know the play is either a quick pass or a screen. His pass to run ratio made it easy for the Skins to stay in the game. The pinned their ears back and played pass on ever single down. He did not give the offensive line an opportunity to get into a run blocking rythem. I am still scratching my head on why we barely ran the ball.

Carson Wentz: I think he played fantastic. Some of you said he did not play well and it makes no sense to me. A 2nd year QB, on the road against a divisional opponent throwing for 300 yards and completing 67% of his passes, his #1 and #2 receiver are new to the team and he did not play well.....WTF!?! The interception was not on him. Someone (I can't remember who) said he should have went deep on that play. I just saw a highlight that showed the deep route was double covered. The play was designed to be an out pattern but it was deflected. Not on Carson Wentz IMO.

Most of his passes were on target. He did have some misses. Just like every other QB in the NFL. He played as well if not better than most of the QB's this week. Yes he had some misses and that should be expected because no QB is perfect. He had 13 incompletions. I can recall 4 drops that should have been catches. He threw a couple of balls that a reeciver had to fight for and none of them worked out. Those work out we are looking at 32for 39 day which would be brilliant. I know that is playing shoulda, woulda, coulda. Some of you were critical of the pass but I recall clearly that many of you bashed McNabb all the time for not putting the ball up for a receiver to make a play.

He showed great poise in the pocket and was brilliant when under pressure. Yet some of you focus only on the handful of bad passes and grade him only on that.

Defense Front 7: Easily one of the best in the NFL. Fletcher Cox was a beast and Graham was brilliant. As a whole the entire front 7 was fantastic. Cousins was held to 57% passing and they played a big part in it.

Cornerbacks: They held their own today. When Darby went out Peterson did an good job filling in. As I mentioned before. Cousins was held to 57% passing. The front 7 was huge in that based on the pressure but you don't get that kind of pressure if your DB's are letting people get open immediately. They held their own long enough to let the front 7 do their job.

Offensive Line: The O-Line was great considering Pederson did not do them any favors by calling pass plays all day. I give them an incomplete on run blocking because there is not enough of a sample IMO to really give a grade on that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'd like to see against Kansas City:

1. More balanced offensive attack. I really don't want to let Justin Houston rush toward Wentz 39 times on Sunday. Let's keep KC on their heels a bit with a more balanced attack.

2. Better pass protection. Surely, the offensive line needs to improve and hopefully Peters will be back, bu this also includes less playing time for Smallwood and possibly more playing time for Sproles or Clement.

3. Barnett more involved. This isn't really necessary since the defensive line played so well but I think he'll be key to this team having a strong pass rush throughout the season so I'd like to see him produce.

4. Connecting on a deep pass. We were so close with Smith a few times, it'd be nice to take the top off the defense, especially with Berry out. If this team is able to consistently stretch the field, it'll hopefully open up things for the running game, so circle back to #1 of the things I'd like to see.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Connecting on a deep pass. We were so close with Smith a few times, it'd be nice to take the top off the defense, especially with Berry out. If this team is able to consistently stretch the field, it'll hopefully open up things for the running game, so circle back to #1 of the things I'd like to see.

I think this will come with time. Wentz needs to know what kind of speed this guys has and get in sync with him. The one he missed on would have been an easy TD if he puts just a little more air under it but like I said that comes with knowing the speed of your receiver. That is why he was so perfect with Ertz. They have a season under their belt. On the couple balls that Jeffrey had to fight for they could have used a little more height to make it easier for him.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will come with time. Wentz needs to know what kind of speed this guys has and get in sync with him. The one he missed on would have been an easy TD if he puts just a little more air under it but like I said that comes with knowing the speed of your receiver. That is why he was so perfect with Ertz. They have a season under their belt. On the couple balls that Jeffrey had to fight for they could have used a little more height to make it easier for him.

True. Hopefully they iron it out.

On my suggestion of Sproles getting more playing time, I didn't realize that he played the most downs of any running back -- so I'm not sure they could actually increase his snap count. Maybe Clement takes over Smallwood's duties.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Hopefully they iron it out.

On my suggestion of Sproles getting more playing time, I didn't realize that he played the most downs of any running back -- so I'm not sure they could actually increase his snap count. Maybe Clement takes over Smallwood's duties.

The RB I think that needs more snaps is Blount. There were 3 of his carries where he hit the first hole and then was tripped up. Those runs could have been good gains. The running game needs to get into a rythem just like the pass game and Pederson missed that class or flunked it. Watching the Cowboys Zeke was not getting a whole lot but the commitment to the running game led for better runs later in the game. When you have a bruiser like we do you need to use him to wear a defense down. Pederson had no intention of doing that for some odd reason.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB I think that needs more snaps is Blount. There were 3 of his carries where he hit the first hole and then was tripped up. Those runs could have been good gains. The running game needs to get into a rythem just like the pass game and Pederson missed that class or flunked it. Watching the Cowboys Zeke was not getting a whole lot but the commitment to the running game led for better runs later in the game. When you have a bruiser like we do you need to use him to wear a defense down. Pederson had no intention of doing that for some odd reason.

Perhaps. Blount seemed to miss some holes. I have hope for him to be more productive with more carries.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With the loss of Darby we are back to having the worst CBs in the league.
2. Our OLine cant run block. Didnt have one run for over 10 yards (Not even 50 total)
3. Peterson is a bad playcaller. He threw WAAAAY too much. Everytime its 3rd down he calls a screen that loses yards. That 2 point play was abysmal. He doesnt understand game situations.

We are an 8-8 team.

That's Douglas Irving Pederson to you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing... that 2 point play was beyond STUPID. There is no difference being up 12 or 13 with 2 minutes left. You miss it and your only up a TD with a 2 and a FG. You kick the XP and go up 2 TDs.

Sturgis probably would have fucking missed it. And then you'd complain that Doug sent an injured kicker out there to fail.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finishing up the game now and I'm not getting the negativity.

D-Line is a beast.
Nelson is showing he can play.
Zertz still a great security blanket for Wentz.
Smith can still spread the defense (unfortunately Wentz missed on two long TDs to him).

I didn't see a drop-off from the secondary after Darby went down. Cousins had a few long missed connections early with Pryor and Crowder when he was in the game. Obviously that's not good to see, but DBs looked alright after he went down.

If Smith didn't mess up his block and Carson had a better throw, that fumble to Nelson would have picked up a decent chunk. We haven't been able to see it because he hasn't done well his first two seasons, but he can do some things in open space.

The run game was poor and I'm not too optimistic on it picking up as the season goes on. The pick six hurt and seeing the score as close as it was in the 4th shouldn't have happened, but overall, very happy after game one.

Most of this game looked pretty rosy for our immediate future.

We didn't even have Peters for most of it either.

Alshon and Blount will only get better from here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they? Andy Reid with 10 days is not a good situation to go into. Skins could have changed if Cousins hit his throws early on. That being said, Wentz missed his long throws as well. Luckily we won't have to deal with Eric Berry, so Ertz should get his. Pats had a load of injuries on the defensive side week 1. I don't see Hunt being as big a factor this week, I trust our front seven. Need to make sure we keep Hill and Kelce in check.

Hill is going to light us up. We will miss Darby more this week than any other.

I hope Kelce goes nuts and Hill is kept in check. That's our best bet.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Barnett more involved. This isn't really necessary since the defensive line played so well but I think he'll be key to this team having a strong pass rush throughout the season so I'd like to see him produce.

The best plan for Barnett is too keep him fresh and learning early so we can unleash him later in the season and he'll be able to go strong into the playoffs. The college season is short compared to the pros and the trenches are brutal.

We'll hit on plenty as Wentz improves and his timing with the wideouts does too. Everyone whines about the screens and motion and short stuff but it opens up the long stuff.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sturgis probably would have fucking missed it. And then you'd complain that Doug sent an injured kicker out there to fail.

Nah, didn't realize Sturgis was hurt. The call makes more sense now.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best plan for Barnett is too keep him fresh and learning early so we can unleash him later in the season and he'll be able to go strong into the playoffs. The college season is short compared to the pros and the trenches are brutal.

We'll hit on plenty as Wentz improves and his timing with the wideouts does too. Everyone whines about the screens and motion and short stuff but it opens up the long stuff.

I didn't realize Barnett played 41% of the defensive snaps (same as Long, 11 snaps fewer than Curry). That's not really a bad number. I can live with it early in the season and hopefully Barnett is at 60+% by the end of the season and Curry is the one around 40%.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Barnett played 41% of the defensive snaps (same as Long, 11 snaps fewer than Curry). That's not really a bad number. I can live with it early in the season and hopefully Barnett is at 60+% by the end of the season and Curry is the one around 40%.

Or think of it this way, if Curry is still holding off Barnett he must be playing pretty well.