• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 huge flaws

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With the loss of Darby we are back to having the worst CBs in the league.
2. Our OLine cant run block. Didnt have one run for over 10 yards (Not even 50 total)
3. Peterson is a bad playcaller. He threw WAAAAY too much. Everytime its 3rd down he calls a screen that loses yards. That 2 point play was abysmal. He doesnt understand game situations.

We are an 8-8 team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends how long Darby is out. Dislocated ankle. Checking for ligament/tendons possible damage.

Dug should never use that side lateral/pass play. It never worked . Throw the ball downfield Doug.
Let's give him a few more games to balance out the plays. In his defense, we couldn't run block, as you pointed out. Our pass blocking was bad, most of the game.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant take those negative yard screen passes anymore. That is the ONLY reason we lost to Dallas last year. I just dont think Peterson is a very good playcaller.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Reich, and other coaches up in the booth, don't point out to Doug that certain plays don't work, or even when they look at film, that they see that they don't work.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With the loss of Darby we are back to having the worst CBs in the league.

Not even remotely correct. The secondary may not be a strength but not nearly as bad as you are making them out to be.

2. Our OLine cant run block. Didnt have one run for over 10 yards (Not even 50 total)

Again.....not even remotely correct. There were a couple possible big plays but Blount got tripped up. There were some holes there. We just did not run enough to make the impact that was needed.

3. Peterson is a bad playcaller. He threw WAAAAY too much. Everytime its 3rd down he calls a screen that loses yards. That 2 point play was abysmal. He doesnt understand game situations.

I saw the return of Andy Reid and I hope he does change. We can't win a whole lot of games with the pass ratio he did today.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely correct. The secondary may not be a strength but not nearly as bad as you are making them out to be.

Again.....not even remotely correct. There were a couple possible big plays but Blount got tripped up. There were some holes there. We just did not run enough to make the impact that was needed.

I saw the return of Andy Reid and I hope he does change. We can't win a whole lot of games with the pass ratio he did today.

We had the worst CB in the NFL last year. Now that Darby is gone what has changed?
We had like 40 yards rushing today and Wentz got hit over and over and over right up the middle.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing... that 2 point play was beyond STUPID. There is no difference being up 12 or 13 with 2 minutes left. You miss it and your only up a TD with a 2 and a FG. You kick the XP and go up 2 TDs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing... that 2 point play was beyond STUPID. There is no difference being up 12 or 13 with 2 minutes left. You miss it and your only up a TD with a 2 and a FG. You kick the XP and go up 2 TDs.

I thought that I addressed that. Sturgis was injured, and couldn't kick a 23 yard extra point at that stage. He even had a very short kickoff after that, if you remember.

I said this on the game thread post.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I addressed that. Sturgis was injured, and couldn't kick a 23 yard extra point at that stage. He even had a very short kickoff after that, if you remember.

I said this on the game thread post.

Missed it and it does explain the decision. Thanks.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the worst CB in the NFL last year. Now that Darby is gone what has changed?
We had like 40 yards rushing today and Wentz got hit over and over and over right up the middle.

How many of those CB's are on the team this year. I think we only have 1 from last year. We got rid of the trash....and while we did not become the best we did improve. I think one of those crappy corners plays for the Cowboys now.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those CB's are on the team this year. I think we only have 1 from last year. We got rid of the trash....and while we did not become the best we did improve. I think one of those crappy corners plays for the Cowboys now.

We got problems dude. I think the Cowboys have more rushing yards with 2:22 seconds left in the 1st quarter then we had all game so their CB don't get exposed.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got problems dude. I think the Cowboys have more rushing yards with 2:22 seconds left in the 1st quarter then we had all game so their CB don't get exposed.

They have a coach who is not stupid enough to ignore the run. They have the best running back in the NFL. ODB plays and we have a different game IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a coach who is not stupid enough to ignore the run. They have the best running back in the NFL. ODB plays and we have a different game IMO.

All true and the Giants have nothing on O without ODB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nolan Caroll. He sucks.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet -- every coach makes mistakes. Early in the game, 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and Elliott didn't get one touch. All passing plays.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Reich, and other coaches up in the booth, don't point out to Doug that certain plays don't work, or even when they look at film, that they see that they don't work.
He's the boss. I'm sure everyone else in the room sees it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finishing up the game now and I'm not getting the negativity.

D-Line is a beast.
Nelson is showing he can play.
Zertz still a great security blanket for Wentz.
Smith can still spread the defense (unfortunately Wentz missed on two long TDs to him).

I didn't see a drop-off from the secondary after Darby went down. Cousins had a few long missed connections early with Pryor and Crowder when he was in the game. Obviously that's not good to see, but DBs looked alright after he went down.

If Smith didn't mess up his block and Carson had a better throw, that fumble to Nelson would have picked up a decent chunk. We haven't been able to see it because he hasn't done well his first two seasons, but he can do some things in open space.

The run game was poor and I'm not too optimistic on it picking up as the season goes on. The pick six hurt and seeing the score as close as it was in the 4th shouldn't have happened, but overall, very happy after game one.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too agree we did not run the ball enough, what 's the point of getting a guy like Blount if you're only going to give him 10 carries? Run game needs to become more of a priority.

The backwards pass was an awful call for that juncture of the game - and then he tried to go to it again in the 2nd half when it failed so miserably the first time! Pederson has to stop being so cute and just run the damn offense.

Defense was solid, good effort and they applied extra pressure at the right times. They blitzed a lot in this game, hopefully we see a bit more of that this year as I didn't think they did it enough last season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game and the corner position remain major concerns for sure. Kansas City will be a much tougher test for us.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game and the corner position remain major concerns for sure. Kansas City will be a much tougher test for us.
Will they? Andy Reid with 10 days is not a good situation to go into. Skins could have changed if Cousins hit his throws early on. That being said, Wentz missed his long throws as well. Luckily we won't have to deal with Eric Berry, so Ertz should get his. Pats had a load of injuries on the defensive side week 1. I don't see Hunt being as big a factor this week, I trust our front seven. Need to make sure we keep Hill and Kelce in check.