• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Jerry opened his mouth about being all in.

2-
View attachment 358037
They have last year's first round pick, Mazi Smith at DT. Tyron Smith's replacement was already drafted two years ago. Not bad losses really. People always forget to look behind the starter when one leaves in FA.

They'll get a decent compensatory draft pick next year for Pollard, Biadasz and probably Smith too, but not if they sign anyone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why people are so concerned about the Cowboys not making a bunch of off-season moves, tbh. Their roster was already pretty set and solid. No point in making moves just for the sake of making them as a show. The draft is more important to them with having to get Parsons and Lamb locked up. They can't waste cap space on FAs that don't make a difference.
I see some of what you’re saying but I’m sure Cowboys fans could tell us about certain aspects of their roster they need to tweak. I’m a firm believer in the idea that if you’re holding your ground others are getting better and, relatively speaking, you’re losing ground.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played in the California penal league last year.

You said "penal"

200w.gif

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas lost what...5 starters?

You ain't replacing those 5 starters with draft picks....if that is your strategy....your team is taking a step back next season.
last time you were this excited about Dallas was when Cooper had to play 5 games. Dallas's season was over then as well.

onward football clueless

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last time you were this excited about Dallas was when Cooper had to play 5 games. Dallas's season was over then as well.

onward football clueless
Nobody is excited....

Just noticing a lot of holes on your depth chart...but you know this already...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new episodes (have only seen a few) don't match up IMO.
I had no idea they brought the series back. And it doesn't surprise me that the new episodes don't match up. It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the dumbest and by far most sophomoric cartoon series in history........but I'll be damned if I didn't just love the shit out of it.
While not a cartoon show, I think Idiocracy actually tops it in some ways

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarrelle Patterson to the Steelers.

GJn12jBWMAAKbGu

2 years $6m

Not bad for a guy that can play RB, WR & KR. But at his age & injury history, I hope he stays healthy. But now that kick returns are relevant again, might turn out to be a good move.

Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every single NFL game that Jerry Jeudy has played in. He has definitely NOT lived up to his potential or met the standards of a top 15 pick. However, he is one of the best route runners out there. His excellent footwork, combined with speed can often create the separation he's looking for. This is his top strength by far.

His issue has been twofold:
  • In his time with the Broncos, he has not had good quarterback play. He expressed frustration on many occasions when he was WIDE open and our QB did not see him.
  • He has the dropsies. His stats could be so much better but he just drops too many passes.
Most Broncos fans have said enough is enough. Get what you can for him in a trade. No doubt in my mind that he could end up being a good receiver, if the two issues above are rectified. However, I would never have signed him to that pretty sizable contract until he proved something on the field.
I get that last part but with the deal including the 5th year option he already had and considering top WRs now make $30 mil paying him roughly half that not too terrible.

I've seen him play some games though cannot say I recall any from earlier in career. did see had a ton of drops year 1 but only 2 last season.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that last part but with the deal including the 5th year option he already had and considering top WRs now make $30 mil paying him roughly half that not too terrible.

I've seen him play some games though cannot say I recall any from earlier in career. did see had a ton of drops year 1 but only 2 last season.

I don't have the exact stat on the number of drops but they always seemed to come at critical times in the game. Don't get me wrong. I think Jeudy has the ability to become a very good receiver. His footwork and route running are really elite at times. We just never saw his potential materialize in Denver. I think most Broncos fans are pulling for him in Cleveland, except of course when they play Denver.