• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Russell Wilson done or is Denver the issue? Would he be worth consideration in the off season?
Don’t think so. This team needs some new blood and more modern ways to approach NFL. I’m in for a complete overhaul even if it takes a few more losing seasons. Meanwhile, strategically develop key positions.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Russell Wilson done or is Denver the issue? Would he be worth consideration in the off season?
Wilson's contract is the problem. The Broncos want to spread the $85M he's owed in 2024 and 2025 he has dug in and said, pay me what I'm owed, when it's due.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserves may not be the correct word, but entitled certainly is. May as well sit and collect his entitlement.
He deserves what his contract says he is owed.

Me thinks that He, Elway and Peyton may have gotten into some less than 'polite' discussions.

They (Broncos) knew that the payday was coming two years ago when they traded for him. The biggest problem was that they thought he was going to turn the team directly around to the "Championship" level. An average QB cannot make an average team a Superbowl contender. Needless to say, the Bronco will be looking for a new QB. Trading Partner for the Patriots in the 2024 draft maybe??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves what his contract says he is owed.

Me thinks that He, Elway and Peyton may have gotten into some less than 'polite' discussions.

They (Broncos) knew that the payday was coming two years ago when they traded for him. The biggest problem was that they thought he was going to turn the team directly around to the "Championship" level. An average QB cannot make an average team a Superbowl contender. Needless to say, the Bronco will be looking for a new QB. Trading Partner for the Patriots in the 2024 draft maybe??
You just have to have old people!!!!!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room?

"- On Dugger, there's certainly enough evidence that he is not a great coverage player. The Chiefs game was hard on him in zone. This one he got burnt in man. Dugger gives them a lot of versatility to line up at all three levels of the defense, is an impact run defender, and flashes as a ball-hawker at times. But it's a passing league, and he gets exposed in coverage too often. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the NFL views him because I'm inclined to believe this Patriots brass wouldn't break the bank to retain Dugger."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"- On Dugger, there's certainly enough evidence that he is not a great coverage player. The Chiefs game was hard on him in zone. This one he got burnt in man. Dugger gives them a lot of versatility to line up at all three levels of the defense, is an impact run defender, and flashes as a ball-hawker at times. But it's a passing league, and he gets exposed in coverage too often. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the NFL views him because I'm inclined to believe this Patriots brass wouldn't break the bank to retain Dugger."
The guy's athletic (and still young), maybe an offseason emphasis on that aspect of his game could fix it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn to hit like Rodney Harrison and coverage won't be the main thought in any Receiver's head. Then knowing that you don't have natural speed, concentrate on breaking quicker to your man. Instead of grabbing a shirt, grab a little skin. A good pinch will wreck anyone's concentration.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn to hit like Rodney Harrison and coverage won't be the main thought in any Receiver's head. Then knowing that you don't have natural speed, concentrate on breaking quicker to your man. Instead of cheating by of grabbing a shirt, cheat by grabbing a little skin. Cheating with a good pinch will wreck anyone's concentration.
FIFY

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're saying that 99% of DBs in the NFL "cheat"?

Shirt grabbing has become a main part of every secondary's defense and officials have let them get away with it away from the play.

UNTIL.........the playoffs and then they call it much closer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree he's not the best coverage guy. But, sometimes in zone you can't put that on an individual. He kind of reminds me of Earl Thomas in a way. It's nice to have a thumper in there. What I hate worse is a DB who continues to miss tackles. If it's up to me, I retain Dugger.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shirt grabbing has become a main part of every secondary's defense and officials have let them get away with it away from the play.

The LOB says "hold" my coffee

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hate worse is a DB who continues to miss tackles. If it's up to me, I retain Dugger.
The Patriots have had a serious and seldom discussed issue with tackling problems in the secondary this year. Be it taking bad angles, not making solid contact or just not being physically strong enough to slow down or knock down an opponent. If I was on the staff, I'd make it a priority to the start of camp next year, Can't put on pads for the first week, but tackling stuffed dummies without pads is not forbidden. Three full days of hitting dummies would get their bodies in condition for pads.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, yes I'm saying grabbing a shirt is cheating, whether it's penalized or not. However it's an extremely low grade of cheating. Pinching on the other hand is actually a crime (it's called battery - an offensive or harmful touching).

As usual, you latch to the wrong emphasis of a reply. As to this response, I'm not advocating we fill the courts with dirty sport players who take minor actions that meet the statutes of crimes. I'm merely pointing out the tactic you recommend is not only cheating but matches a statute describing a battery.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, yes I'm saying grabbing a shirt is cheating, whether it's penalized or not. However it's an extremely low grade of cheating. Pinching on the other hand is actually a crime (it's called battery - an offensive or harmful touching).

As usual, you latch to the wrong emphasis of a reply. As to this response, I'm not advocating we fill the courts with dirty sport players who take minor actions that meet the statutes of crimes. I'm merely pointing out the tactic you recommend is not only cheating but matches a statute describing a battery.
Well, under your definition, a 300lb. Edge rusher dropping his full weight on a QB should be defined as Assault and Battery with intent to kill and not 'Roughing the Passer."