• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given his injury history it really says something about his character. He could've gotten paid by another team but he chose to stay in Seattle. I'm really pushing for him to remain healthy this season to improve on what he did late last year.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans have resigned LB Kamu Grugier-Hill to a 1 year contract worth $4 million. Decent contract for a guy who's been pretty good the past couple seasons for them.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have resigned DT Derrick Nnadi. Details on the deal have not been disclosed as of yet.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals are finalizing a 3 year deal with T La'el Collins. Details on the deal are not yet disclosed

First reported by Mike Garafolo

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dogshit Fins will take him in a second as our oline is dogshit right now! :L He'd help tremendously but apparently they are waiting on Armstead either one would be a godsend. Fix the oline and everything else will fall into place...

Sorry Dolphin man :nono:, he came to his senses. Bengals got him :clap:

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dolphin man :nono:, he came to his senses. Bengals got him :clap:

Somewhere Joe Burrow is smiling looking at everything the Bengals have done this offseason. Could they possibly be "all in" on a Super Bowl run this coming year?

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere Joe Burrow is smiling looking at everything the Bengals have done this offseason. Could they possibly be "all in" on a Super Bowl run this coming year?

The AFC is for the Bengals to lose now. We can use a corner though.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is for the Bengals to lose now. We can use a corner though.
There should still be some CB's available in FA. If not you could always draft one in the mid to late rounds.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should still be some CB's available in FA. If not you could always draft one in the mid to late rounds.

Bengals draft order should and probably be:

* CB
* OL
* TE
* OL
* EDGE
* EDGE
* S
* LB

Its gonna be a run of all skill positions and linemen in the 1st. Still need a OL, but a quality corner will fall. Gotta take the value.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* CB
* OL
* TE
* OL
* EDGE
* EDGE
* S
* LB

Its gonna be a run of all skill positions and linemen in the 1st. Still need a OL, but a quality corner will fall. Gotta take the value.
Yeah I don't see anybody taking a QB in the 1st round given how bad the class is this year. I do agree with you on the fact that WR's and RB's could go at a premium in Round 1. OL prospects are also at a premium at the top of the draft this season as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* CB
* OL
* TE
* OL
* EDGE
* EDGE
* S
* LB

I think you'll see Safety be a higher priority. Both guys are up next year - and with Higgins, Burrow, and then Chase coming due relatively soon - not sure the Bengals are going to give Bates what he wants in top market safety money.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see Safety be a higher priority. Both guys are up next year - and with Higgins, Burrow, and then Chase coming due relatively soon - not sure the Bengals are going to give Bates what he wants in top market safety money.

Seeing the type of dude Bates is, the Bengals have something special and hoping he accepts less. I hope the Bengals don't cave.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the type of dude Bates is, the Bengals have something special and hoping he accepts less. I hope the Bengals don't cave.
They offered him 12M last year, and likely between 13-15 this year.

He wants top money. Is what it is. I don't see a deal getting done, and frankly at this point - his salary is going to be needed elsewhere down the road. Good player, but he knows with the cap going up - someone is going to give him 17+ somewhere.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered him 12M last year, and likely between 13-15 this year.

He wants top money. Is what it is. I don't see a deal getting done, and frankly at this point - his salary is going to be needed elsewhere down the road. Good player, but he knows with the cap going up - someone is going to give him 17+ somewhere.
Then let that team be the one to offer him that much money. I don't feel he's worthy of that lucrative of a contract as of yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about 5 AFC teams that went all-in this offseason so there’s that….it’s just a clusterfuck

KC
BUF
LAC
DEN
LVR
CLE
CIN

Still have TEN, IND, NE and BAL. PIT and MIA aren’t pushovers either. This is just stupid. The only “bad” teams in the AFC are JAX, HOU and NYJ on paper.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys be opposed to us trading for Vikings DE Danielle Hunter? He's due to make an $18 million roster bonus on Sunday. He'd be a good depth signing for us along our defensive line.

If he's healthy, Danielle Hunter is vastly superior to anyone on Seattle's D-line right now. He's the fastest player in NFL history to 50 sacks. So he would be more than depth for you if you traded for him, he's a plug and play starter that you can rely on for double digit sacks.

These days Hunter's health is a big IF though. He missed all if 2020 and 10 games in 2021, which is why the Vikings have had a tough time trading him. The only reason that the team might be looking to trade him is that he might not fit the new 3-4 scheme and he's getting more expensive.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised guys like Clowney, Ingram, Armstead, Gilmore and even Bobby Wagner are still available in free agency. Lot of Pro Bowls in that list of players.
The really big FA money is drying up. I think some of those guys want too much money. Gilmore's recent history of flaking out is probably hurting his offers. Like someone else said, Clowney is overrated, so he'll be smart to resign in Cleveland. I think Armstead, being the best LT still out there, is weighing his options--he wants to stay in NO, but is he waiting on their QB choice? Miami badly needs him and is bringing him in, but considering his age, this might be his last big deal, so he could be looking for more than he's been offered yet.
The dogshit Fins will take him in a second as our oline is dogshit right now! :L He'd help tremendously but apparently they are waiting on Armstead either one would be a godsend. Fix the oline and everything else will fall into place...
You're not kidding. That OL in Miami was bad. The Phins highest PFF-rated OLineman graded lower than the worst Niner Olineman. I could barely believe that.