• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos decide on Hackett, will the announcement be delayed until after the Pack's season is over ( whether because or rule or just etiquette )

So if there is no announcement for days after the final interview, that in itself will be an announcement - no word = Hackett got the job

The Broncos have had many of their best days under the leadership of offensive-minded head coaches. Just a thought.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting uncomfortable with all the support Hackett is getting from lots of Broncos fans.

Tht usualy means he won't be the one hired! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting uncomfortable with all the support Hackett is getting from lots of Broncos fans.

Tht usualy means he won't be the one hired! ;)
No worries - it will be Brian Callahan as I keep telling everyone.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 3 are

Hackett
Callahan
O'donnell

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have requested permission to speak with Ed Donatell. Ed's son went to school with me at Iowa and played football for Iowa and is now a member of the Seahawks coaching staff. I think he is going to be a good coach as he learns. I am sure his dad would love to be with him as he starts his coaching career in Seattle.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have requested permission to speak with Ed Donatell. Ed's son went to school with me at Iowa and played football for Iowa and is now a member of the Seahawks coaching staff. I think he is going to be a good coach as he learns. I am sure his dad would love to be with him as he starts his coaching career in Seattle.

Would be a nice move for him. He’s been a part of Fangio’s staff going back a while now. Interesting to see how he could do with a defense all his own…

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today’s first interview was with Kellen Moore. From the DPO:

At 33, Moore is the youngest of the 10 coaches the Broncos have requested to interview and completed his meeting with general manager George Paton around 3:35 p.m.

Next up for the Broncos are Dallas defensive coordinator Dan Quinn (later Tuesday), New England inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo and Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon.

Moore has already interviewed with Jacksonville and has also drawn interest from Miami and Minnesota.

Featuring the NFL’s top offense in terms of yards (407.0) and points (31.7) per game during the regular season, Dallas lost 23-17 to San Francisco in Sunday’s NFC wild-card round. On a play reportedly called by Moore, quarterback Dak Prescott’s keeper gained yards in the final seconds, but also used the rest of the game clock to end the loss.

Moore completed his third year as the Cowboys’ offensive coordinator.

Before the Broncos’ Week 9 game at Dallas, Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy had high praise for Moore during a conference call with the Denver media.

“I think Kellen does a really good job at establishing the game plan,” McCarthy said. “He’s done a really good job of adjusting to the way defenses are coming after us and the way the matchups end up actually turning out on game day. He’s really stayed on-point with the plan and more importantly, has an excellent connection with (Prescott).”

McCarthy added that Moore puts together a “healthy, creative and aggressive game plan.”

Moore sustained a broken leg in an August 2016 training camp practice and retired in January 2018. Two weeks later, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett called to gauge his interest in becoming the team’s quarterbacks coach.

Moore was promoted by Garrett to offensive coordinator in January 2018, replacing Scott Linehan.

Garrett was replaced by McCarthy, the long-time play-calling head coach in Green Bay, who not only retained Moore, but kept him in the play-calling role.

In Moore’s three years calling the plays, the Cowboys have finished sixth, 17th and first in points and first, 14th and first in yards per game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the success that Green Bay and the LA Rams, and to a lesser degree the Cardinals, have had, I'd be excited to see a hire like Moore.

But the question becomes, does he become one of the aforementioned success stories, or does he become like a not-to-be-named QB that Dallas supposedly wanted and we moved up to select him. And we know the ending of that story...
i’d rather have O’connell who has actually touched McVay

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i’d rather have O’connell who has actually touched McVay
Like I said earlier my mind keeps telling me it is going to be O'Connell. It is never the first or second guy everyone seems to want it is more the guy in the middle of the publics eye that seems to end up getting the job and I feel Paton has something with the Rams.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think better of the name since George Paton came to Denver. My first experience with someone named George from the Denver area had me sour on the name.
On the other hand - people named Scott are pretty cool.