• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know we are moving on, who are you hearing about and who do you want to see hired?

(And yes, when the coach you wants is hired and does badly, we will pull up this thread to make you look bad!). ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPO’s Kiszla is on the Doug Peterson bandwagon. I’d prefer not hiring a retread, but there could be worse hires.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPO’s Kiszla is on the Doug Peterson bandwagon. I’d prefer not hiring a retread, but there could be worse hires.

His Eagles were terrible once he left. They’re already back in the playoffs now that he’s gone. Very large NO THANKS to Doug Pederson. Barf.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope this is true!

“George will have full authority to select the next head coach of the Broncos,” Ellis said. “This is his decision and his program. I have complete confidence in George’s ability to lead an exhaustive and successful head-coaching search.

“We will give George every available resource and fully support him in hiring the very best head coach to lead the Broncos.”

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes re-treads work out very well(think John Fox, Gary Kubiak, or Andy Reid) and sometimes they don't. Just like sometimes new first time Head Coaches work out and sometimes they don't. I don't think someone having HC experience should rule them out especially after our last 2 coaches being first timers.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes re-treads work out very well(think John Fox, Gary Kubiak, or Andy Reid) and sometimes they don't. Just like sometimes new first time Head Coaches work out and sometimes they don't. I don't think someone having HC experience should rule them out especially after our last 2 coaches being first timers.
Doug Peterson and Dan Quinn caught lightning in a bottle as did Kubiak. Fox had an insanely talented team and still couldn't get it done. Reid was the only coach that had a track record of consistent winning and even then it took a generational talent at QB to get him over the hump. Not sure what the right move is here.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Peterson and Dan Quinn caught lightning in a bottle as did Kubiak. Fox had an insanely talented team and still couldn't get it done. Reid was the only coach that had a track record of consistent winning and even then it took a generational talent at QB to get him over the hump. Not sure what the right move is here.
At this point I'd take another Fox if only so we can get back to winning. I'd much rather be frustated that we have a coach who isn't winning enough over one who's not winning at all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we talk about "re-treads" without talking about Bill Belichick?

I don't care who a coach has around him, who his assistants are if they won a Super Bowl or took their team to a Super Bowl that defines success. That is the ultimate goal. Again, not saying these guys are top choices but they are worth an interview. Let's not knock what they did with their teams. Bill Callahan is the only true coach that was "handed", a super bowl caliber team and took them to the Super Bowl but even he deserves some praise. He kept the team together... A coach doesn't sit around with his thumb up his butt. It's a long season. Players have to believe in you, buy into you, play for you, trust you to have success. I think some people think this is a video game we are playing here.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back and coaches hired in 2019:

“The 2019 and 2018 coaching cycles were the two busiest of the past decade, with eight jobs changing over in each of those years. Vic Fangio, part of the hiring class of 2019, is out after three seasons, but two of his peers preceded him:

“The Browns fired Freddie Kitchens after one season (16 games), and Adam Gase lasted 32 games with the Jets.

“The members of the class of 2019 who remain active in their jobs: Miami's Brian Flores, Cincinnati's Zac Taylor, Arizona's Kliff Kingsbury, Tampa Bay's Bruce Arians and Green Bay's Matt Lafleur. Lafleur owns the record for the most wins by an NFL head coach in his first three seasons at 39-9 entering Week 18.”

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would seriously hire @Draft Crazy to be my director of pro personnel. DC spots playmakers better than anyone I know - and is close enough to enough players to get decent reads on a player's character. He puts the hours in to be good.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing - if you want to make the Bronco's offense go - find someone who can make the Bronco QB throw short timing patters to Jerry Jeudy. Fine tuning the ability to hit Jeudy coming out of his breaks -0pens up the run game and the deep passing game. Jeudy gets quick separation in his routes - take advantage of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would seriously hire @Draft Crazy to be my director of pro personnel. DC spots playmakers better than anyone I know - and is close enough to enough players to get decent reads on a player's character. He puts the hours in to be good.

Well, with the good comes some awful. You would have had Ed Reed as your starting safety... But you would have also had Mason Rudolph as your starting QB which probably would have been about the same as what we have had the past few years. but in fairness I would have never had to draft Rudolph because I wanted Dak before when we still needed a QB to draft Rudolph and at the same time if all of it failed we would have ended up with Josh Allen but would have probably been stuck with no OL and 15 DB's. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing - if you want to make the Bronco's offense go - find someone who can make the Bronco QB throw short timing patters to Jerry Jeudy. Fine tuning the ability to hit Jeudy coming out of his breaks -0pens up the run game and the deep passing game. Jeudy gets quick separation in his routes - take advantage of it.

Agree- Work with some who can work with the weapons we have. Really, any great QB qualifies..

I just don't want to stop gap it again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with the good comes some awful. You would have had Ed Reed as your starting safety... But you would have also had Mason Rudolph as your starting QB which probably would have been about the same as what we have had the past few years. but in fairness I would have never had to draft Rudolph because I wanted Dak before when we still needed a QB to draft Rudolph and at the same time if all of it failed we would have ended up with Josh Allen but would have probably been stuck with no OL and 15 DB's. ;)
Rudolph's career is on-going so you may see him as a Bronco yet. I agree - I was for Dak that season as well.

I have a feeling that Paton - will decide Kirk Cousins provides the best value at QB. I just don't know whether than makes me happy or not.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph's career is on-going so you may see him as a Bronco yet. I agree - I was for Dak that season as well.

I have a feeling that Paton - will decide Kirk Cousins provides the best value at QB. I just don't know whether than makes me happy or not.

If we can’t get Rodgers or Wilson then as long as Minnesota pays like 70% of his salary I’d be ok with it. As mediocre as Cousins is he is better than what we currently have or in this upcoming draft.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still liking the Ravens OC Greg Roman. He has a lot of experience on the O side of the ball and has built Offenses around specific QB's. Retain Donatell as DC and get Roman an OC that will implement his system and call plays. Go find a ST coach that isn't a blind idiot. Keep Munchak and Kuper. Let Roman pick his own coaches for WR/TE/RB because he understands the positions. Find a guy to be QB coach who might work out as OC later.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what happens at QB will be determined by what happens at HC and OC. Both Rodgers and Wilson want their guy.

As far as a retrend HC, I think there are some benefits in that they have learned from previous mistakes, if we go with a first time HC we have to be patient with them learning on the job. My sense is many in Broncos Country want the up and coming guy to take over and be flawless. This is not reasonable.

I think we go on of 2 ways:
  • Hire an Offensive minded HC and an up and comging OC that the HC can mentor, with an experience DC.
  • Hire a Defnesie minded HC and an up and coming DC that the HC can mentor, with an experience QC.
I don't know which way I prefer.

On offesne we need a coaching stafe that is flexible and will adjust to whatever the talent allows for instead of forcing the existing talent to run thier system. If we are uanable to acquire Rodgers (I think he stays in Green Bay) or WIlson, then I would like to stay with Lock and bring in someone like Gardner Minshew or draft a guy. I will pass on Cousins, Ryan, or the most of the others that may be available via trade. I would take Derek Carr if made available.

On defense we are at a cross roads so it is a good tiem to make a change. We have many players on the defensive side of the ball that are free agents. We will have some flexibility to change schemes with out killing the cap by changing personell. I do favor staying with the 3-4, but feel like we are likely moving to a 4-3.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still liking the Ravens OC Greg Roman. He has a lot of experience on the O side of the ball and has built Offenses around specific QB's. Retain Donatell as DC and get Roman an OC that will implement his system and call plays. Go find a ST coach that isn't a blind idiot. Keep Munchak and Kuper. Let Roman pick his own coaches for WR/TE/RB because he understands the positions. Find a guy to be QB coach who might work out as OC later.
Donatelle will follow Vic, they are a package deal. I would be surprised if he will be in Denver going forward.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donatelle will follow Vic, they are a package deal. I would be surprised if he will be in Denver going forward.

That’s possible. Haven’t heard his name yet today, despite Vic, Shurmur, and McMahon all getting the axe. Perhaps Paton will try to retain Donatell…