• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would surely take Rodgers. He is incredible but the things that bother me are 1. What will it take for a QB who could be here 1,2 or 3 years? I don't trust Rodgers pouting after one year and retiring.

Rodgers is sorta like that NBA super star who wants this and that. If you cut my good friend then this... and go get this guy.. He is getting annoying to me. I don't trust him and I don't care for his behavior but I am interested....

I mean for crying out loud.. the guy whined about the Packers cutting Jake Kumerow who is like the 911th best WR in the NFL... He whined to bring Cobb back who is constantly hurt and who has very little left. Cobb is fine enough to be on the Packers, not saying that but it was that important to him because they are good friends. Do what we all do with our friends who aren't next to us everyday. Facetime him! ;)

All of the things you mentioned plus Wilson is 5 years younger than Rodgers. That's a really big deal. We're talking 33 years old versus 38 years old for an NFL QB.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Brian Flores to the list. Wasn’t given a whole lot of talent to work with, but he had his team playing hard. Immediately turned that Dolphins team around. Could be an interesting candidate here…

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Flores called plays in Miami?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we pick good one this time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are Flores cant get along with GM and QB

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Brian Flores to the list. Wasn’t given a whole lot of talent to work with, but he had his team playing hard. Immediately turned that Dolphins team around. Could be an interesting candidate here…
I don't like Flores. Just seems like a dictator rather than a team builder. There are lots pieces to the puzzle mostly involving what we want to do with the QB and where we see the defense going.

I would target Hackett, Leftwich and Quinn as my top three. With Hackett and Leftwich the OC is not as critical and you could go with a younger OC that comes from a background in Hackett or Leftwich's system. The key for these two hires would be the plan for the DC. Would need someone with experience and preferably someone who can run a system without to much change from what we have now. I would think either of these hires could do wonders with Lock, who I was impressed with down the stretch. I think he finally may be getting what playing QB in the NFL is all about.

The flip is true with Quinn as his best seasons as a head guy he had Shanny Jr as his OC so finding someone in that mold would be great.

A potential scenario I would be ok with would be hiring Quinn as the HC, acquiring Cousins from the Vikings and having Klint Kubiak as the OC. I wouldn't give up a first for Cousin's though considering his salary and that he only has 1 year left under contract. What I would do is swap pick 9 for 12 and give up a 2nd and 5th for Cousins.

The better scenario would be Quinn as the HC and let him pick a OC that he believes would entice Wilson and trade for Wilson given their past relationship.

Lots of puzzle pieces in this decision. This will be the offseason that defines Payton's GM tenure in Denver.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Tua as a big time QB , or even a QB that can routinely lead a team to the playoffs ... When we played the Fins, Lock looked like a pro and Tua looked like a bust

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Tua as a big time QB , or even a QB that can routinely lead a team to the playoffs ... When we played the Fins, Lock looked like a pro and Tua looked like a bust

I was a big believer in Tua before the draft. Now that he’s had a chance to play for a couple year, he kinda looks like a JAG. Just Another Guy. Granted he didn’t have a ton of talent around him, but he also doesn’t exactly elevate that team around him like you expect a franchise QB too. Miami would’ve been better served picking Herbert.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past few years, the Broncos have been playing ketchup far too often .. And Shurmur's offense just didn't cut the mustard .. We need a HC that will relish the opportunity to end playoff drought ...

And getting another retread QB will only pout salt in the wound .. Hopefully, the next QB will pepper the ball all over the field ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but since I live in Texas - I get to watch Texan games and Davis Mills - the bargain basement draft pick at QB the last draft - and he is playing very well. Elway has been looking first for guys who had some approximation of his physical skills, but the most important part of modern QBing is to make good decisions with the football. Davis Mills makes good decisions with the football. i mention this because drafting is obviously an art and not a science.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to nfl.com, here are candidates that Broncos have requested permission to interview:
  • Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs offensive coordinator
  • Nathaniel Hackett, Packers offensive coordinator
  • Jerod Mayo, Patriots inside linebackers coach
  • Kellen Moore, Cowboys offensive coordinator
  • Dan Quinn, Cowboys defensive coordinator