• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people (not necessarialy on here) do not want a head coach that has been a head coach pervioiusly. I find that awfully ironic as there is very little patience to allow the head coach to grow into the position. Do people expect someone who has not been a head coach before to just know how to do the little things a head coach needs to do? It is my opinion that Broncos Country is impatient for winning, and may not have the patience to let a first time head coach find their way. I am not saying we have to go with Quinn because he has been a head coach before, but to discount him because he has been a head coach before would be a disservice too. Everyone learns for past experiences, and improves.

I laugh at those the don't like his record as a head coach. How many head coaches that have been fired are not completely underwater record wise?

I will state again, I don't care if the next head coach comes from the offensive side of the ball, the defensive side of the ball, has long hair or short hair, as long as they are capapble of taking the next step with this team.

To me the keys we need form the next coaching staff are:
  • A plan to develop a QB.
  • Inovative offensive play calling, and plays, utilize the talent you have and not make they run a system
  • Maintain an above average defense
  • Make special teams a phase of the game

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quinn feels like John Fox

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn interview now com - I don’t have to copy/paste since this is a free site. A good interview with The Athletic writer who covers the Cowboys:

now un complete it

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I am going to be jumping for joy or crabby no matter who are coach is. I've been following this game long enough to know we have to wait and see. Everyone's situation is different. If you failed once it doesn't mean you will fail again. If you succeeded somewhere else it doesn't mean they will succeed here.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd be unhappy with any of the previously mentioned candidates, but some I would have to warm up to - and even then, mostly due to unfamiliarity ..

Jonathan Gannon might be the one who I'd actually be upset with - you give up 92 points in two games vs the Cowboys - the division rival - I'm not sure you're the right guy to break the losing streak to KC

But in the case of Hackett, I would be ecstatic right off the bat ...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a difference between being a good coordinator and being a good head coach. Being a good coordinator requires you to be a good Xs and Os person with the right personnel to run the system, and good play calling, while being a good head coach is more about leadership.

Look at what we had last year in Denver. Vic is an outstanding play caller and had the right players to run the system until injuries took their toll. Vic was not s great head coach though.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Gannon might be the one who I'd actually be upset with - you give up 92 points in two games vs the Cowboys - the division rival - I'm not sure you're the right guy to break the losing streak to KC
And the name! The name isn't right for the Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon and Bieniemy are the two I would be least happy with.
But if either is selected I’ll hope for the best and root for them to succeed.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:

After conducting a pair of in-person, East Coast interviews on Wednesday, the Broncos will shift back to a virtual format for a pair of head coach interviews late in the week.

Per Albert Breer of SI.com, Denver will meet with Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan on Thursday. And Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the Broncos will talk with Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell on Friday.

Denver is the only vacancy with a currently known interest in either Callahan or O’Connell.

With the Bengals playing on Saturday, Thursday afternoon represents the usual low-key afternoon in any preparation week two days before a game.

Callahan has been with the Bengals since Zac Taylor took over in 2019, though Taylor calls the plays. He previously served in a variety of assistant coaching roles for the Broncos from 2010 to 2015. He’s also worked for the Lions and Raiders as a quarterbacks coach. He is the son of former Raiders head coach — and current Browns offensive line coach — Bill Callahan.

After a brief playing career, O’Connell worked for Cleveland, San Francisco, and Washington before landing with the Rams as offensive coordinator last year. He also does not call offensive plays on gameday, as that duty belongs to head coach Sean McVay.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview #6 completed:
The Broncos have completed the sixth interview of their head-coaching search.
General Manager George Paton and the team's search committee met with Patriots inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo on Wednesday about the team's vacancy.

Mayo, who has three years of NFL coaching experience, joined the Patriots' coaching staff in 2019 and has played a role in shaping one of the league's best defenses. In 2019, the Patriots finished first in the league in total defense and scoring defense. New England then ranked fourth in yards allowed and second in points allowed in 2021.

One of two position coaches the Broncos have interviewed, Mayo is only a few years removed from his own impressive playing career. Mayo was a first-round pick in 2008 and earned Defensive Rookie of the Year honors to begin his career. He was later named a two-time Pro Bowler and one-time first-team All-Pro during his career, and he won a Super Bowl following the 2014 season. During his career, Mayo showed the leadership skills that make him one of the candidates to watch; Mayo was a seven-time team captain with the Patriots.

"His leadership is probably the main reason that he's on the radar," ESPN's Mike Reiss told DenverBroncos.com. "You talk to people that have been around him, both in his playing career and also in his coaching career and even in his business career, and they will tell you he is one of the greatest leaders that they have ever been around. Obviously leadership entails a lot of different things. I think one of the things that Jerod is known for is his ability to relate to people. And so put that all together: playing career, business career — after he played, because he didn't go right into coaching — now coaching career, intelligent — super intelligent — all those things sort of lead to the package that has him being talked about."

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand - people named Scott are pretty cool.
Back To The Future Reaction GIF by Cameo

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Bienemy is scheduled for Friday. That will conclude the 10 first round of interviews. The first 7 were in person, the last 3 by Zoom since they are all still in the playoffs.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most interested (in very particular order):
  1. Who will be the Broncos starting QB in 2022 and what is the long term plan for a franchise QB?
  2. Who will be the new owner of the Broncos and what will his/her influence over the team's direction be?
  3. New head coach and coordinators.
I think number three is going to be at the bottom of the priority list. Players play the game and owner's set the direction of the franchise.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most interested (in very particular order):
  1. Who will be the Broncos starting QB in 2022 and what is the long term plan for a franchise QB?
  2. Who will be the new owner of the Broncos and what will his/her influence over the team's direction be?
  3. New head coach and coordinators.
I think number three is going to be at the bottom of the priority list. Players play the game and owner's set the direction of the franchise.
I think Cousins is going to be our qb

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins is going to be our qb
You may be right, unfortunately. I have a feeling that Rodgers is going to end up back in GB, so either we are going to get outbid for Russ or we're going to overpay for him.