• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not seeing legit sources saying Quinn is the Chosen One. Has that been on local radio or something? Sounds more like rumor/speculation to me.

I really would be surprised if George went into the process with his mind made up. Doesn’t seem to fit his modus operandi
Says an expert on Georges

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett or Dabol.

“There’s nobody in the building that brings me more joy or is more fun to be around than Nathaniel Hackett,” Rodgers said last season. “He’s become such a close confidant and friend besides a fantastic coach. … Hack has been a really important part of our culture change and a part of our success on offense. I love him. Hope he doesn’t go anywhere. Unless I do.”

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett or Dabol.

“There’s nobody in the building that brings me more joy or is more fun to be around than Nathaniel Hackett,” Rodgers said last season. “He’s become such a close confidant and friend besides a fantastic coach. … Hack has been a really important part of our culture change and a part of our success on offense. I love him. Hope he doesn’t go anywhere. Unless I do.”
When you get so hot and bothered over stuff like this - it takes extra effort to keep @LGM from jumping on you.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we have 7 interviews this week. Round 1 done by Friday.

George is an efficient little booger, isn't he?

And Paton is pretty good too.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get so hot and bothered over stuff like this - it takes extra effort to keep @LGM from jumping on you.
I'm not a fan of glasses, regardless of lens color.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:

With the Cowboys eliminated from the postseason, their assistant coaches are now free to interview with teams at any time. Their offensive and defensive coordinators could be busy this week.

According to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News, the Broncos will hold in-person interviews with defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and offensive coordinator Kellen Moore on Tuesday. General Manager George Paton will be among the contingent making the trip.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Gannon and Mayo on Wednesday. That will be 7 interviews completed.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reasons why George picked the candidates he did. Brian Daboll would have been a good candidate, there is something about him the George did not prefer. Not saying anyone that we are not interviewing are bad candidates, but maybe not the right candidate for the Broncos at this time.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Press may be trying to goad Jerry Jones into dumping McCarthy and promoting Quinn....:rolleyes2:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos decide on Hackett, will the announcement be delayed until after the Pack's season is over ( whether because or rule or just etiquette )

So if there is no announcement for days after the final interview, that in itself will be an announcement - no word = Hackett got the job

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Kellen Moore.
I just loved some of the play design and execution the Cowboys exhibited. The double pass play that went incomplete was a brilliant call but had execution problems. The QB draw on what turned out to be the last play of the game - was also brilliant, but his players didn't know when to go down and who had to set the ball - and that's what caused the game to end. In each case his brilliance swept past the talent's ability to execute the play.

So, is that a young guy learning his craft, or an indication Kellen Moore was showing off to his coaching aspirations? I was on some High School teams whose coach had a basic offensive I formation set. But every week we would practice our base offense and three trick plays the coach designed for the occasion. He called them - Touchdown Specials and we practice = as a point of team pride to get those trick plays right. Not all the plays went for touchdowns - nor did they all succeed, but a high percentage of them ended in big gains.

I would love Kellen Moore - the question is would he be ready to be a HC? He would be a ballsy decision to pick.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just loved some of the play design and execution the Cowboys exhibited. The double pass play that went incomplete was a brilliant call but had execution problems. The QB draw on what turned out to be the last play of the game - was also brilliant, but his players didn't know when to go down and who had to set the ball - and that's what caused the game to end. In each case his brilliance swept past the talent's ability to execute the play.

So, is that a young guy learning his craft, or an indication Kellen Moore was showing off to his coaching aspirations? I was on some High School teams whose coach had a basic offensive I formation set. But every week we would practice our base offense and three trick plays the coach designed for the occasion. He called them - Touchdown Specials and we practice = as a point of team pride to get those trick plays right. Not all the plays went for touchdowns - nor did they all succeed, but a high percentage of them ended in big gains.

I would love Kellen Moore - the question is would he be ready to be a HC? He would be a ballsy decision to pick.
With the success that Green Bay and the LA Rams, and to a lesser degree the Cardinals, have had, I'd be excited to see a hire like Moore.

But the question becomes, does he become one of the aforementioned success stories, or does he become like a not-to-be-named QB that Dallas supposedly wanted and we moved up to select him. And we know the ending of that story...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the success that Green Bay and the LA Rams, and to a lesser degree the Cardinals, have had, I'd be excited to see a hire like Moore.

But the question becomes, does he become one of the aforementioned success stories, or does he become like a not-to-be-named QB that Dallas supposedly wanted and we moved up to select him. And we know the ending of that story...
Yes - you caught my drift rather well - my mind was coughing up the Josh McDaniel's hairball.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the Mike McDaniel camp if you want a first time young, intelligent, creative coach. Ala Sean McVay

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the Mike McDaniel camp if you want a first time young, intelligent, creative coach. Ala Sean McVay
Is being 39 in a month and a half still considered young?! He's almost as old as Draft Crazy!