• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 QB Class 10 strong

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former GM SM who drafted Alex Smith No 1 and signed Matt Flynn?:pound:

432007.jpg

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sty, my GF thinks I am a dick too. :scratch:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think some fans like my self think when we sign kirk( it will happen) that the peices will crumble down around him because we would have tied up money to kirk and we could not get better ... when they sign kirk for 24 mill plus we are going to have to hit on more draft picks and depend on avg type players example if wr proyer balls out guess what he would want top wr pay or he will walk but we cant keep him because to much money tied in kirk we have to be careful and plan

so the question i would think is .. is signing kirk for 24 mill plus is he worth losing other peices for

we should build through the draft its dumb not too

Again dude, bullshit.

Lucks deal averaged $24.5 million a year, his cap hit this year is $19.4M, And even if we gave Kirk $25M a year for the next two years, that still leaves us $30M in cap space next year, and damn near $50M in cap space in 2019.

So the Money angle, and Kirks deal making it where we wont be able to sign other players is a complete crock of shit. And in fact, giving him a deal on par with Market value is actually BETTER cap wise for the team right now and over the next few years.

these cats do very little research with the cap we are fine cap wise for the next few seasons easily

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

these cats do very little research with the cap we are fine cap wise for the next few seasons easily

Unless Kirk turns into 1988 Vinny Testaverde, dies on the field, or we sign the next HAynesworth, Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith all in one off season, we will be fine cap wise for more than the next few seasons. The NFL would need to go negative on cap growth with the new rules for any team to get stuck in roster purge mode. And I dont see that happening unless the owners or players union decide to get stupid.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that we have no reason to think we wouldn't be fine cap wise but that doesn't make cap concerns invalid. We could be better than fine.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we have no reason to think we wouldn't be fine cap wise but that doesn't make cap concerns invalid. We could be better than fine.

So lets look at it this way, Kirks deal (if it gets done) is the final cost of screwing up in the draft in 2012. More to the point, we might end up overpaying in cap dollars to ALLOW us to NOT overpay in draft capital in the quest for a QB yet again. Because while some fear that if we sign Kirk long term, it will take us out of the market for a (Darnold, Rosen, or who ever these 10 sure fire elite rookies are), it will also keep the focus to where it needs to be, getting younger and more talented across the roster. And one would HOPE it would at least make them think twice before pulling the trigger on another roster killing trade for a QB for at minimum the next 2-3 years.

Bonus: It would mean Mike Shannahan was right

Anti Boinus: It would mean Dan and Bruce would sort of be admitting Mike Shannahan was right (this could be partly a deal breaker)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see how , qbs arent cheap nor are the players we bring in via free agency to make up for the lack of picks we will have for 2 plus years

we resign KC and keep building through the draft and this team will be good long term

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see how , qbs arent cheap nor are the players we bring in via free agency to make up for the lack of picks we will have for 2 plus years

we resign KC and keep building through the draft and this team will be good long term

But it would be so much more satisfying to let Kirk walk and be in a position to draft an elite prospect. Well unless Kirk leads us deep into the playoffs, then we get to call him a dick if he decides he is done with the moving goal posts and wants to explore other options.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it would be so much more satisfying to let Kirk walk and be in a position to draft an elite prospect. Well unless Kirk leads us deep into the playoffs, then we get to call him a dick if he decides he is done with the moving goal posts and wants to explore other options.

But we won't be able to sign the next Adam Archuletta, Antwan Randle El, and who the hell was the other way overpay that season?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know all too well that if this happens, there will be some here that will call him a dick, and maybe worse. Probably the same ones saying don't pay him today what his fair market value is.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we won't be able to sign the next Adam Archuletta, Antwan Randle El, and who the hell was the other way overpay that season?

Hell pick a FA for the Redskins from 2000 up until 2010, odds are most got massively over paid and over hyped

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I really don't have an issue with this. He is more Alex Smith than Tom Brady (I take exception with Bradford, he has done nothing in the league). How about Stafford? Is he better, around the same, or worse. Does he deserve to be paid at the top? What is the current market value for a "good" QB?

Far as what's the market value of a good QB. I don't know. Yeah, Bradford wasn't a good example. Along with what you've said, He's far too injury-prone as well.

Is Stafford better than Kirk......He's more talented far as physical attributes. I'm not sure that he's better though. I sometimes think Stafford suffers from the same thing Jay Cutler does. Relies too much on his arm talent. Kirk can't do that. He needs his mechanics and timing to be down. Not necessarily perfect or anything, but he's not throwing lasers off his back foot with nothing, but arm strength like Stafford can. Far as does Stafford deserve to be paid at the top. I personally don't believe so.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But follow the logic...we have franchised him for the last two seasons. If we had offered him 19 to 20 million per season in 2016 instead of franchising him, we would have saved 4 million against this season's cap and even more in the coming seasons. Even if we sign him at 23 million per season now, we save likely 2 million on next season's cap and even more after. The longer we wait, the more we franchise him, the more it hurts our cap situation, and if your worries about FAs are legitimate, then it hurts us to not sign him now because we aren't just going to let him go.

So far, we have overpaid according to some the last two seasons and we still signed Norman to the highest CB salary and overpaid McGee and more this season. We have also made Jordan Reed one of the most wealthy TEs in the league even though he can't stay healthy.

Yeah, the situation certainly isn't ideal. Having Snyder and Allen as the head of the beast isn't providing any comfort either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharkinva said:
Bonus: It would mean Mike Shannahan was right

Why is that a bonus? And why are so many Skins fans enamored with Mike Shanahan?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandon Lloyd = other way overpay that season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point shark. On numerous occasions we over paid for some crappy player and many fans heralded the move. Whether it is Cousin's now or someone down the road we should be hoping we have a QB we have to pay a lot of money to. Average at best QBs now cost $15 million or more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that a bonus? And why are so many Skins fans enamored with Mike Shanahan?

Its a bonus because it would piss some people off to have to admit it. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bonus because it would piss some people off to have to admit it. :D

Admit what? The flyer Shanny took out on Cuz was one of the very few good moves made by Shanny when he was the Skins HC?

Shrugs............OK.