• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think adding Lebron and PG would definitely pout them right there with current contenders. Adding those 2 takes a lot of pressure off the young guys and would likely speed their development. Plus, I'd expect that there will be some solid, veteran role players looking to chase a ring who would come on board as well.

It certainly wouldn't make them favorites, but it would give them a better chance than they've had in several years.

Their biggest issue would be the lack of playoff experience among the young guys. Lebron and PG could tell them all about it, but they won't really know what it's like until they play in them.

I agree w/ that. But there's 1 person out there that could really help the Lakers.

S62Buz5.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I don't watch them a lot to know shots he is getting in the 4th quarter. Did watch last night though and saw PG-13 miss 2 wide open 3's late in the game last night. Russ was actually pretty unselfish last night.

Down 4 with under a minute to go and the ball was in Grant hands who of course had a silly turnover :L

Yeah, it's funny. I think some of what they are going through is just growing pains. It took the Heat what? 2.5 seasons together before things truly clicked with them? Even then, there were still times where it looked uncomfortable.

I think the real test will be the playoffs. Play well and at least make a decent showing in the WCF and I think PG stays. Anything less, increases his chances of leaving depending on how much less.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they already have him locked up. He's their Lithuanian "Euro-stash."

Lavar said the other day that team his sons play for could beat the Warriors.

#bigballaworldwide

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of how well they do will be determined by how many how many of those teams have their playoff position determined already. If they get teams that are resting players, it will help.

True.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW took 31 shots last night.....and had just 6 assists.

I know Melo was out but damn, he could have passed more. Adams had just 9 shots.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got a job with the Lakers I'd quit being a fan.

Even if it was as a janitor. He's a fucking jackass.

Just wait until the Lakers draft Lonzo's little brothers. When that happens Lavar will get court side seats & during timeouts they'll go talk to Papa Ball instead of the HC.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you search for certain posts without scrolling through 1,000's of posts?
Search your own content.

I found his post because he quoted one of mine.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they were considered superstars at the time. They are also both Hall of Famers. They sometimes get forgotten because they played alongside Magic and Bird, but they were both superstars.

The 80's is a 10 year era. All of them were superstars during that era. Some. like Dr. J and Kareem were superstars entering the 80's and faded about midway through. While others, like MJ and Sir Charles became superstars in the latter half of the 80's and continued into the 90's. It would be like saying Shaq wasn't a superstar in the 2000's because he dropped off considerably after the title season with the Heat.

'Nique was also considered a superstar at the time. His problem was his team didn't win enough.

Sounds like recency bias to me. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think there are that many bonafide superstars today. You have Lebron, KD, Steph, Westbrook, Harden and maybe CP3. AD and a couple of others are headed there, but haven't arrived yet, imo.

With social media and the 24 hour news cycle, guys get a lot more attention today than they did in the 80's and 90's as well. So that tends to artificially build them up more.

We tend to want to make players superstars before they actually are because we see and hear so much more about them. Of course, it's a double edged sword because we also tend to label guys as busts sooner for the same reason.

You are comparing 10 years to my 1.

There are arguably a legit 7 or 8 right now by my definition, which apparently is tougher than yours. CP3 definitely used to be a superstar but he isn't anymore. Kobe, Duncan, and Wade were at the beginning of the decade. People had Kawhi there last year. Most would have had Melo in that category as well a few years ago.

If I can use a whole decade, my list would be at least about 15 deep.

And if Worthy and McHale are superstars, then so is Kyrie Irving, Chris Bosh, Lillard, and Draymond Green. Winning titles isn't necessary to gain superstar status. Producing at an MVP caliber rate is. McHale and Worthy never did that.

I stand by what I said in my original post. I don't think there have ever been so many superstars at one time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW took 31 shots last night.....and had just 6 assists.

I know Melo was out but damn, he could have passed more. Adams had just 9 shots.

For those thst don’t get to watch the Thunder much I’ll tell you how a typical game goes. Adams wins the tip about 75 percent of the time and about 80 percent of those l times he scores on a pick and roll with Westbrook. I assure you that is not an exaggeration. After thst most of Adams touches come after offensive rebounds with the occasional dunk off a lob. He is not an integral part of the offense in terms of having plays run for him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those thst don’t get to watch the Thunder much I’ll tell you how a typical game goes. Adams wins the tip about 75 percent of the time and about 80 percent of those l times he scores on a pick and roll with Westbrook. I assure you that is not an exaggeration. After thst most of Adams touches come after offensive rebounds with the occasional dunk off a lob. He is not an integral part of the offense in terms of having plays run for him.

I've seen plenty of games where he got 13-14 FGA's.

RW took 31 and made just 12. That's bad. He could have passed the ball more.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Adams should be the 4th option.

But as efficient as he is in the paint, maybe the Thunder need to run more pick and roll with him and Russ. It is pretty tough to stop when Russ is willing to give it up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible tweet. I watched the ending of the game and both players were bad. I'm just not buying PG-13 as a superstar. Both he and Westbrook struggled.
Fair enough.

I still say they need a stronger Coach.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Blouses

DXd78ntVwAAr9k7