• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL Draft/ Free Agency

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sold on RNH for $6 million per? I know he was drafted high and I guess the potential is there but I feel like he has struggled to stay healthy and hasn't produced a ton. I know Edmonton isn't great but they are almost entirely an offensive team. Just playing Devils Advocate (no pun intended).
He's locked up til 2020... i think it would be a great investment considering our lack of success in FA draw for YOUNG ALL-STAR TALENT... we have no problem getting guys on the decline lol...

this post is for a before revelation of a Larsson for Hall move....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall for Larsson apparently. Pretty even trade but damn I'm going to miss Larsson.
If we all could recall, I was one who was very eager to move Larsson for awhile over the last few years. I even used Edmonton as a damn trade partner in my make believe trade ideas....

with that said, he has gotten so much better and improved drastically with the return of Stevens and the whole yr last season IMO. He definitely made strides to stay here career wise for me...

but for this deal to happen, make it damn so happen... I do covet Severson more so than Adam for offensive spark. After last season though, Adam has the def. edge IMO. It was a down year for Severson...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking that about camaleri and this kinda changes my mind on trading him or even exposing him for expansion draft. Now that the team should be contending for a playoff having him on the second line chipping in 20-25 will be huge.

Wow what a difference a day makes going to bed last night to this wow! I can't wait for the season to start.

But this is what I'm talking about man this is what I wanted to feel. Trading for pk suban while is great and all. It's just not as sexy as this I wouldn't be this excited

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now kind of wish we went defensive with pick #2 or trade back into first for Chychrun as he was sliding.... 20/20

that makes me wonder if they knew something like this was brewing all along? i mean i doubt a trade like this comes together in 5 hours time. so they were talking and knew something was up so maybe they weren't that high on chychrun? or they just want to load up on speed and skill to complement a player like hall that they knew they would get? the mclode pickup makes more sense now. i think he is going to be a better playmaker then the guy ottawa took. he is certainly going to be faster then him and able to keep up with hall.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes me wonder if they knew something like this was brewing all along? i mean i doubt a trade like this comes together in 5 hours time. so they were talking and knew something was up so maybe they weren't that high on chychrun? or they just want to load up on speed and skill to complement a player like hall that they knew they would get? the mclode pickup makes more sense now. i think he is going to be a better playmaker then the guy ottawa took. he is certainly going to be faster then him and able to keep up with hall.
Yea, i think i read somewhere on an Oilers thread that the Hall talks were ongoing even last season. Apparently he wanted out after McDavid was drafted? not sure if true. But talks with who idk...

apparently it was also down to us and Islanders... Islanders didn't want to give up Hamonic and liked Larsson better at the same time? confusing...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The speed made sense whether Hall was here or not IMO. I like the selection, young kid with all these "leadership" and "grit" qualities that many are tagging him.

I was definitely preaching about holding back on defensive prospects but with 20/20 vision, maybe a look at Chychrun or someone else to help cover the loss?

but maybe thats where FA comes to play...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
send a 2nd and camalaerri to the ducks for fowler. sign okoposo to a "reasonable" deal.

we'll wait for the caps in the conference finals!

islanders are insane for not giving up harmonic for hall. hall and tavares? that is monster 1-2 more then ovie/backstrom or malkin/sid or parise/kovy

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do that deal... 2nd plus Cam for Fowler.... hell see if it works for STL for Shattenkirk...

Get Okoposo too... seems like a success...

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
send a 2nd and camalaerri to the ducks for fowler. sign okoposo to a "reasonable" deal.

we'll wait for the caps in the conference finals!

islanders are insane for not giving up harmonic for hall. hall and tavares? that is monster 1-2 more then ovie/backstrom or malkin/sid or parise/kovy
Doubt Okposo will go reasonable with Stamkos already off the board.

And yes the isles were stupid to pass that up if in fact it was the offer.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do that deal... 2nd plus Cam for Fowler.... hell see if it works for STL for Shattenkirk...

Get Okoposo too... seems like a success...
I like Fowler I don't think Shero is done. There are some quality defensemen available.either on the trade block and FA. And with the draft Shero had this year I can see Shero aiming at defense in the 2017 draft. No matter how you look at it. I love the direction Shero is going with this team. He's added a lot of speed and skill, A franchise player. And is building a very exciting young team. Also agree gotta lock up Merill now

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on Twitter, players Shero has added:

Hall
Schlemko
DSP
Palmieri
Moore
Stempniak
Tlusty (whiff)
Kalinin
Mozik (remains to be seen)
Bennett (remains to be seen)
Farnham
Kennedy

All but Tlusty were solid additions/contributors last year.