• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL Draft/ Free Agency

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft should be interesting. Lot's of talk that Keller might be available around the Devils pick (#11). Explosive offensively, a little small, but after watching Parise play, I'll never say a 5'X" player cant be elite ever again. He's out of the USNDP team. Same team that produced Matthews, Kane, Eichel, etc.

Write-up on Clayton Keller: Prospect of Interest: The 411 on Clayton Keller - Sportsnet.ca

Also, I'm thinking we should bring back Stempniak. At a minimum he was a great offensive fit, he wouldn't be a ton of term on his contract, AND we can always turn him into another pick at the deadline.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can officially say I have no idea what will happen this off season.

Are we spending or not? And if we're not spending, is it because the owners aren't willing to spend or is it part of Shero's strategy?

Will we sit pat take what we have and slowly develop or will Shero be wheeling and dealing?

At least with Lou and our old ownership you could sort of predict where we were heading, what type of players we'd sign etc. Now? No idea. Just lock up our RFAs.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if they treat Smith-Pelley as anything more than a really good 3rd liner they're jackasses. Really don't want an overpay on that one.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mock Draft: Matthews head of the class

i didnt think that keller could/would fall to us. according to this person not only would he drop by so would nylander and jost.

granted i dont know anything about any of these guys i remember seeing jost ranked up there like #6 and keller going #8. also read that nylander was the most polished outside the top 3 of course.

that guy logan brown is 6'6? and a center? good lord if he could actually put some snarl into his game and not like 90's snarl. i mean some snarl and finish to the game. wow imagine the reach on him? my only worry is that he won't last long in the nhl and he won't be as fast as the game is going towards.

i love the read up on keller i think thats where this game is going. someone like him smallish center. i would hope he could go 20g-50a-70pts down the road of course.

i love building a team down the middle i think thats the most important position in hockey. if zacha is the real deal add in keller and quinville rounding out the top 3 this team could be set. which is why i'm obviously open to the idea of leaving travis unprotected next summer

i like smith pelley so far. i dont know if it was a fluke 20 games he had for us but in that role of 3rd line utility i think he could chip in a nice 15g a year which is perfect and bringing some clarksonesqe hitting/physical play

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would love to get Detroit's first for Datsyuks contract..

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keller right now is selling me...

Jost afterwards...

I'm not biting on defense yet.... i would entertain trading the pic to EDM(again!!! lol) for RNH

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo man!

hopkins for the 11th? i would probably do that deal. hopkins is locked up long term is insanely young and a great cap hit.

i was reading in that link that jost who they have the devils taking is similar to parise style and is going to north dakota like zach. parise played 2 years there and then went to albany for a year. it was about his 2nd nhl year he took off and 3rd he became what he is today.

so following the footsteps this guy jost or whoever they take is probably 3 years from the nhl! thats just insane.

5-6 years before they find their nhl footing

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Keller compared to Giroux, if he's there he's my pick. Good chance he's gone though. Jost is a weird one. I've seen him as high as 8 and as low as 16, really don't know how things shape up in this draft but I'm excited.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i would go in this order

keller hes exactly where the nhl is now and where it is going talent/size wise
brown only reason im interested is his size. he could seriously be the most dominate guy in the nhl one day. how many teams will have a 6'6 center with hands?
nylander a position that the team needs rw and is pure goal scoring and skill also what we need
jost like mentioned is an x factor i didn't think he would be there when we draft

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nylander is another one for me based on reviews... i figured he'd be taken in top 10 for sure...

this draft will be a crapshoot after #3....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i have a feeling that offense trumps all and the devils will be left holding the bag.

the above link has 3 d men going before the devils pick.

yotes buffalo and colorado. yeah sure those teams could use defense but if only 1 of them goes d. chances are keller and jost are gone before the devils pick.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if there's a top 10 quality defenseman available when we pick and the forwards are more of a reach, I'd go best player available. Worst case scenario we have more depth at D for a trade or if we lose someone in the expansion draft.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, if the better BPA are indeed defensemen... i hope we can muster a trade to EDM for RNH or maybe a package...

IF we get one to keep one, i guess so be it... but are any really that good to keep?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why is Edmonton looking to trade him ? His stats are pretty decent and where I expect the. To be for his age. Is it because he is injured a lot?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Edmonton looking to trade him ? His stats are pretty decent and where I expect the. To be for his age. Is it because he is injured a lot?

Because they have no complimentary talent. All of their best players are the same type of players. They need D, they need goaltending, they need power forwards etc. If they give up RNH they still have Eberle, Hall, McDavid etc.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hmmmmmm

personally if im edmonton i would just stick to drafting d men and look for a ufa to hit the market.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

i would absolutely pay that. hell give them the 2nd rounder in 2018! savard for yak

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure every team would take a chance on him for just a 3rd. Gotta be more to it but I agree I would take him.

Looking at past drafts. Man some really good rookies already tearing it up. i know every case is different and player but saw monohan was taken sixth by the flames and put up 60 his rookie year. Fully expect something close to that from zacha taken so high too. Hit a home run with this pick or trade and we are looking good. Now if only Larson can turn into mini hedman over the summer