• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL Draft/ Free Agency

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i dont see why not. as long as they are under contract and has played x amount of games the previous year or two years

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hudler if you can get on a cheap like 2 year deal i would take a chance on him for 2 reasons

if he doesn't pan out and this team isn't going anywhere then offer him up at the deadline for a playoff team even for a 2nd/3rd rounder. heck even if he is playing good and we aren't in the playoff race still offer him up.

second i would sign him just for the expansion draft and then leave him unprotected

Both good points. I would gamble on him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But on the flip side he isn't in the direction this team is going. Young skill speed

There is a lot of potential on this team if it all goes right this team could be 3rd in the division even 2nd.

Pelly looks like he could be a hard nose 15-20 guy like clarkson was
Bennet has huge upside if he can stay healthy
Boucher took a huge step forward last year and you want to see his mins increased as the year goes along
Zacha can he make the team out of camp?

All those guys come together and hit it off? Where does hudler fit in

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zacha or blendesi will be the bubble player and probably the 2nd of the two will be fill in if bennet gets hurt

you have a line up (no particular order)

hall henrique bennett
cam zajac palmari
zacha bennett smith pelly
farnham fiddler jj?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zacha or blendesi will be the bubble player and probably the 2nd of the two will be fill in WHEN bennet gets hurt

hall henrique bennett
cam zajac palmari
farnham fiddler jj?

Fixed it for you. Bennett gets hurt when the wind blows too hard.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zacha or blendesi will be the bubble player and probably the 2nd of the two will be fill in if bennet gets hurt

hall henrique bennett
cam zajac palmari
farnham fiddler jj?
left out boucher..... tsk tsk...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol well hopefully bennett stays healthy because he has the skill to really chip in on this team.

your right about boucher. slot him in where zacha is sitting now. so i believe blendsi and zacha are in the minors

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any repercussions if Quennville doesn't make the team this season? like losing his rights n such or whatever...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any repercussions if Quennville doesn't make the team this season? like losing his rights n such or whatever...

He signed a 3 year deal last summer so we have 2 more years and then I believe he'd be an RFA so we're safe.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well hopefully bennett stays healthy because he has the skill to really chip in on this team.

your right about boucher. slot him in where zacha is sitting now. so i believe blendsi and zacha are in the minors

Yeah, Bennett has been a very frustrating individual for my friends who are Pens fans here in Pittsburgh. Lots of talent, but a real china doll. I think one of funniest things I saw at Cup parade was an ambulance in parade and it was tagged as Bennetts private ride .

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hall henrique bennett
cam zajac palmari
farnham fiddler jj?
Bennet on only one line please. Boucher maybe takes one of those or Blandisi. Could see Bennet starting on a 4th line with Fiddler and JJ or maybe maybe Woods or Pietilla

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leaves you with JJ as your 3rd line center again though since Bennett is a RW

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, barring injury, whats the team look like this year? Possible playoff bound or another building year. I knew last year was going to be a throw away year which is why I didn't get center ice to watch the games.... but so far these moves have gotten me excited and I may bite the bullet so I can watch my beloved devils play this year.... it was tough not watching them last season... but I made the right call.... it probably would have just aggravated me to see them play so bad and not make the playoffs....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think if camm stays healthy all year and henrique palmari dont have huge drop offs from career years they had last season this team should make the playoffs.

i dont think the loss of larrson (who i wasn't big on) will be that huge. maybe on a team that doesn't play defense but we know the devils do.

sneak in as the #7/8 seed and with a goalie like cory maybe steal a game or two in round 1 and get off and running

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team, despite the injuries and limitations did their damn best under Hynes as Cory had a great year....

If Cory can duplicate that success or even better which i think he will this time

plus

Taylor Hall..... Anything short of playoffs is a failure IMHO.

We have a great group of players that plays within the system and few goes beyond that. Hall will add that next step dimension and can change several games where we are leading by goal or making a comeback...

Severson and Merrill need to step it up and play confidently and hungry.

All that, maybe a 4/5 seed finish? I may be reaching but right now i feel that high on us.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont think many teams in the east have improved.

pens/caps/bolts/panthers/islanders are locks for playoffs

that leaves 1 spot in the division for the devils to snag #4 or they would have to fight for the 7/8 seed.

rangers/bruins/habs on the fringe. then its a bunch of x factors

buffalo/devils/leafs/ all could put it together and make the playoffs.

looking at that damn the eastern conference sucks! the cream is def at the top