• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to throw Steph under the bus because he's been pretty good as well

Definitely.

Part of the problem comes from the fact that 3 of the 4 best players in the West just happen to be guards.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans don't value winning. They vote for their favorite player.

Exactly.

Although, to be fair, winning is a big part of what engages fans.

There are WAY more Warriors fans right now than Thunder fans because of how great they've been over the past few seasons.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent, and I wouldn't have any problem with IT starting over Kyrie... but there's a big difference between that situation and the Russ situation, IMO.

Yeah, IT has better stats than Kyrie. But he's not doing anything we haven't seen done every season by multiple guys.

Westbrooks stats are WAAAAAYYY better than Currys and hes doing something that has been done one time in a 70-year league.

You are absolutely correct.

I concede.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really, really strange for someone to be snubbed in FAVOR of a Warrior. This is kind of unfathomable for me.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the fans voted Kobe in even though he wasn't healthy enough to play.

But weren't there seasons when he was going off stat wise and didn't win MVP? That award is driven by popularity just as the votes for the All-Star game.

Yep.

Solid point about the MVP.

Sometimes All Star votes are for lifetime achievement.

But, it should be based on what happens in the first part of that particular year.

* See Wade and Melo this Season.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really, really strange for someone to be snubbed in FAVOR of a Warrior. This is kind of unfathomable for me.
I have a feeling it's something you'll be seeing for the next 5 years or so.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade threatening to leave if Butler is traded may be the reason Bulls decide to move Butler if they do.:scratch:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely.

Part of the problem comes from the fact that 3 of the 4 best players in the West just happen to be guards.

Perhaps they should just make it so people can vote for just any 5 players vs worrying about position.
Eventually it would work itself out.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are going, the Kings are gonna end up with a top 5 pick that's swapped with Philly who's pick is out of the lottery because the 76ers made the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy???

The leagues has seen TONS of ball hogs, and we've only ever seen one person average a triple double. No one else has come close. And when the Big O did it... there were a grand total of 4 guys in the NBA that were 7 feet tall. (Right now there are 47).

I don't care what the Big O did, I'm fully aware that some of the guys he played against were around my height.

Once again, Westbrook's horribly inefficient and I've seen at least a half dozen Thunder games this season. There's a reason why sports analysts run with the narrative that Westbrook chased Durant out of town. I've even admitted as much that the one thing Westbrook does elite better than anyone at his position is rebounding. I'm sorry, I just think being on a winning team matters in terms of being selected as an all-star starter. Which I really don't give two shits about.

You guys may think my opinion is of that of someone who plays with their shit; but apparently fan voting saw things my way. Or just the fact that Westbrook comes off as a colossal kunt rag.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again his team is better. Swap those 2 guys, and I think Houston/OKC would still have the same record to what they have now. Houston team is really good. Eric Gordon been really good. Bev is good for what they're asking for him. Ryan Anderson is a gunner. Solid role players in Ariza and Brewer. Solid young role players in Capela, Harrell, and Dekker. OKC on the other hand have 3 solid players after Westbrook and that is really all.

So can we use that excuse with Whiteside then as to why he didn't get voted in and why our record is shit? And OKC's roster isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Donnovan can also flat out coach. Hell, had they had him in place from the getgo and never went with Scott Brooks - the Thunder may have even won a title with Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what the Big O did, I'm fully aware that some of the guys he played against were around my height.

Once again, Westbrook's horribly inefficient and I've seen at least a half dozen Thunder games this season. There's a reason why sports analysts run with the narrative that Westbrook chased Durant out of town. I've even admitted as much that the one thing Westbrook does elite better than anyone at his position is rebounding. I'm sorry, I just think being on a winning team matters in terms of being selected as an all-star starter. Which I really don't give two shits about.

You guys may think my opinion is of that of someone who plays with their shit; but apparently fan voting saw things my way. Or just the fact that Westbrook comes off as a colossal kunt rag.

LMAO @ people really thinking fans vote for all stars based on winning. Fans vote for their favorite players and guys they seem as likable. Once again if fans were voting based on winning, how do you explain the fans voting for Wade over DeRozan since winning is so important? It is not like the Thunder are 14-28 or something. They're 25-19 and tied for 6th place in the West. They're winning their fair amount of games. It is a bad team that he is going to lead to the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we use that excuse with Whiteside then as to why he didn't get voted in and why our record is shit? And OKC's roster isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Donnovan can also flat out coach. Hell, had they had him in place from the getgo and never went with Scott Brooks - the Thunder may have even won a title with Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

That is a terrible comparison. Like very bad. The Heat are 13-30 with the 3rd most losses in the NBA. The Thunder are tied for 6th and 6 games over .500.

Westbrook is doing more with this team than most stars/superstars would. The only players who would do better with this roster are Lebron and KD. If Steph Curry was on this team for example, they would not win as many games as they're doing with Russ.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ people really thinking fans vote for all stars based on winning. Fans vote for their favorite players and guys they seem as likable. Once again if fans were voting based on winning, how do you explain the fans voting for Wade over DeRozan since winning is so important? It is not like the Thunder are 14-28 or something. They're 25-19 and tied for 6th place in the West. They're winning their fair amount of games. It is a bad team that he is going to lead to the playoffs.

It's bullshit, but it is what it is. I'm just saying, Harden and Curry being put over Westbrook isn't like the snub of all snubs. One guy was going to be left out. Personally I'm not up in arms about it. I guess it's probably due to the mere fact I'd rather pass a kidney stone then being a fan of Westbrook.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade threatening to leave if Butler is traded may be the reason Bulls decide to move Butler if they do.:scratch:

I heard Ira Winderman on WQAM last week mention that Butler could potentially make his way down here somehow. I doubt it happens. But I thought of the irony in all of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are going, the Kings are gonna end up with a top 5 pick that's swapped with Philly who's pick is out of the lottery because the 76ers made the playoffs.
geezus....

losing your pick to a pick swap with Philly would be the ultimate kick in the balls.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEw Orleans giving up 143 to Brooklyn in New Orleans is humiliating.

Remember when they fired Monty Williams then hired Alvin Gentry. I do and I laughed. I think I even sharted at some point.

geezus....

losing your pick to a pick swap with Philly would be the ultimate kick in the balls.

I'll take Miami's current season for the next 5 years over the Kings management taking over the Heat for a week. At some point I'm sure @Bolts is thinking he rather hit up random glory holes in San Francisco then being a Kings fan much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.