• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to say Kobe "can do no wrong" with some of the stuff that he has done absolutely positively turns my stomach. I dont know how you can have respect for women and say a guy who was indicted for r*pe and paid a huge out of court settlement to make it go away "can do no wrong".

ESPECIALLY his excuse for cheating on his wife--- "WELL- SHAQ DOES IT TOO!"....

You always take the settlement to make it go away, always.

You want it over as quick as possible, the longer it goes on, whether you are innocent or not, the more and more people cling on to the story and call you a scum bag the rest of your career.

I followed the Jameis Winston case thoroughly, that kid was innocent by all accounts, no question about it, and even after being told he's innocent time and time again, he still ended up having to pay 3 years later, and people like you will probably call him a rapist piece of shit the rest of his life.

Oh well

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want it over as quick as possible, the longer it goes on, whether you are innocent or not, the more and more people cling on to the story and call you a scum bag the rest of your career.

I followed the Jameis Winston case thoroughly, that kid was innocent by all accounts, no question about it, and even after being told he's innocent time and time again, he still ended up having to pay 3 years later, and people like you will probably call him a rapist piece of shit the rest of his life.

Oh well
def. not near an expert on the FSU Winston case- but as i remember it the police did a poor job of investigating (im saying for both sides) from the very start. Its too simple to say- where there is smoke there is fire- and assume something happened- but that was a very bad situation and i can see why Winston settled.

However, Winston was never criminally indicted by a grand jury- thats a HUGE difference between him and Kobe. When a grand jury decides their is enough evidence to indict, you are DAMN lucky if you can basically pay off the party to drop the case and not agree to testify at trial- rendering the prosecutions case impossible to prove. That was DEFINITELY money well spent by Kobe as his life could have been on the line.

Winston's life was never on the line.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h2h they wouldnt even likely matchup...its not like Whiteside can guard Love outside the paint where love does a lot of his work (though not all- as seen by his nearly 11 boards a game)- and Love usually isnt guarding a guy like that anywayy- Thompson prob. would be.

And it's not like Love could guard Whiteside in the post. As has been well documented, Love is charmin soft down in the post in terms of defense. But continue on with your crusade - as pointless as it is.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def. not near an expert on the FSU Winston case- but as i remember it the police did a poor job of investigating (im saying for both sides) from the very start. Its too simple to say- where there is smoke there is fire- and assume something happened- but that was a very bad situation and i can see why Winston settled.

However, Winston was never criminally indicted by a grand jury- thats a HUGE difference between him and Kobe. When a grand jury decides their is enough evidence to indict, you are DAMN lucky if you can basically pay off the party to drop the case and not agree to testify at trial- rendering the prosecutions case impossible to prove. That was DEFINITELY money well spent by Kobe as his life could have been on the line.

Winston's life was never on the line.
Winstons reputation was on the line, and it's been smeared to shit.

A lot of people I know in Tampa, life long Bucs fans, don't root for them anymore because they drafted him.

Kobe is a boss, that girl swallowed his nut and loved it, then decided she wanted to get a check.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well

Winston's just not smart, he's kind of a dumbass. I've always remained a centralist on him given the issue as there have been scumbags on both sides when it comes to the popular male athlete vs. the women. Sometimes the athlete thinks they're above the law and can do whatever they want. Other times, there are women out there that see the potential money there and know that r*pe/abuse is the way to get to them.

Given that none of the details are clear, it's only anyone's guess. I know on Hurricanes forums it was a tired subject, can't speak for the gators. So you know if Miami's tired of talking about it, probably a good time to drop it altogether.

The one issue I have is with Tally PD. They should be held liable for any missteps or lack thereof.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's just not smart, he's kind of a dumbass. I've always remained a centralist on him given the issue as there have been scumbags on both sides when it comes to the popular male athlete vs. the women. Sometimes the athlete thinks they're above the law and can do whatever they want. Other times, there are women out there that see the potential money there and know that r*pe/abuse is the way to get to them.

Given that none of the details are clear, it's only anyone's guess. I know on Hurricanes forums it was a tired subject, can't speak for the gators. So you know if Miami's tired of talking about it, probably a good time to drop it altogether.

The one issue I have is with Tally PD. They should be held liable for any missteps or lack thereof.
Winston had a 4.0 GPA and was accepted to Stanford for his academics.

Calling him a "dumbass" is injust, does he make stupid decisions? Yes, but he wasn't the only one involved, he was only the only one ever mentioned because he was in a Heisman race, no one gave a shit about the case until then, because it wasn't even a case yet.

The girl was part of a group of girls on campus that called themselves FSU cleat chasers, a popular group of chicks that like to fuck guys on the football team.

They were all at a bar, went back to the football players place, that bitch got slammed by a few dudes on the football team and then cried r*pe when he became popular, and she got $950,000 for it.

Oh well.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's innocent
Jameis is innocent
OJ is innocent

and you can't tell me otherwise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavaliers' 31 percent 3-point shooting in January is the second-worst in the NBA this month. Poor shooting overall has afflicted the team's "Big Three" lately: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love have combined for 51.5 points per game on 36 percent shooting over the last four games. On the other side, the Suns' Devin Booker is averaging 30.0 points over his last six games, helped by 55 percent 3-point shooting.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to say Kobe "can do no wrong" with some of the stuff that he has done absolutely positively turns my stomach. I dont know how you can have respect for women and say a guy who was indicted for r*pe and paid a huge out of court settlement to make it go away "can do no wrong".

I already know you're opinion on this- and I do recall in my post I said I'm not interested in debating.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know you're opinion on this- and I do recall in my post I said I'm not interested in debating.
You should have replied with this

raw

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he has to do something because his team did nothing. Zaza was standing over him staring him down after that flagrant and his teammates didn't seem to give a shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the court.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has to do something because his team did nothing. Zaza was standing over him staring him down after that flagrant and his teammates didn't seem to give a shit.

Kanter is a big ole bitch.

Thunder has the same problem as the Clippers.

Toughest guy on the Team is the Pg.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool, I completely disagree, but I'm not going to argue with a Lakes fan over Kobe's greatness, if a franchise player came in and won the Heat 5 rings I'd defend him with my life.

Fuck that guy.

He wasn't even the best Laker, that would be Magic.

* watches All day remove her earrings and fly into the windmill *

fight-funny-face-haha-jenni-jersey-shore-Favim.com-231989.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that guy.

He wasn't even the best Laker, that would be Magic.

* watches All day remove her earrings and fly into the windmill *

fight-funny-face-haha-jenni-jersey-shore-Favim.com-231989.gif

Mark Madsen was the 2nd greatest Laker of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.