• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best eFG% among players taking at least 15 shots per game...

1) Durant 62% (17 shots per game)
2) Curry 61% (18 shots per game)
3) Klay 57% (18 shots per game)
4) Kyrie 55% (19 shots per game)
5) Kemba 55% (16 shots per game)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Pretty freakin' hilarious that Wiggy just can't handle the fact that, while Kyrie is very good, he's not as good as Wiggy wants him to be and no one here agrees with him.

He also presents nothing to backup his statements except that Kyrie was 3rd team all NBA once. lol
hahaha

how about ROY, All Star teams, 50 point games, game winning shots, 40 point games in the NBA Finals, etc. etc. etc.....I mean-

Russell finished NINTH in the ROY voting...lol.....being the 2nd pick....and Kyrie of course won it.

Kyrie Irving Stats this year:

24.4 pts, 4.7 apg, 3.1 rpg, 0.6 spg, assist to turnover ratio 1.90, field goal %48.1, 3 pt % 40.9%, free throw shooting 87.0%, PER- 21.5

DeAngelo Russell stats this year

16.1 pts, 4.8 apg, 3.4 rpg, 1.3 spg, assist to turnover ratio 1.55, field goal % 41.3%, 3 pt % 37.2%, free throw % 76.3%, PER- a decent 17.3

difference:

points- Kyrie 8.1 (a humongous margin)
assists- Russell- by .1 (practically tied)
rebounds- Russell by .3 (practically tied)
assist to turnover ration- Kyrie- .35- edge to Kyrie
field goal %: Kyrie- 6.8%- (a humongous margin- difference between being a shitty shooter and one of the best in the game)
3 pt %- Kyrie by 3.2%- (difference between being a solid 3 pt shooter and an ELITe 3 pt shooter)
free throw %- Kyrie by over 10%- difference between being a mediocre free throw shooter for a guard- and being one of the best)
PER: 4.2- while PER is far from a perfect stat- it does negate minutes differential- a PER of 17 is generally solid- a PER of over 20 is generally very very good.

So- Kyrie -- whether you compare Kyrie's first year to Russels firsr year, whether you compare his 2nd year to Russels 2nd y ear- or this years stats- simply crushes the kid- which is to be expected.

Kyrie wipes the floor with Russells ass. Just the cold hard facts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not.

Curry, Westbrook, Harden will all make it over him. Derozan if he keeps it up. Lillard too. That's 5 guys who should make it over Irving today if the teams were picked. Then you have guys who typically make it who could make it over Irving -- Klay Thompson, Chris Paul. Lowry made it last year . . . maybe he makes it again. Some younger guys who maybe turn it up a notch at some point this year -- C.J. McCollum, Zach Lavine, Nik Stauskas, Bradley Beal. Shoot, and I forgot about Isaiah Thomas, who is having a great year so far.

It's a crowded field at guard. I don't think anything is guaranteed other than Curry, Westbrook, Harden making it (barring injury.)
hey- if you want to bet- let me know- ill bet you that Kyrie makes an ALL NBA team, and his 4th all star team- in a year where he plays the vast majority of the season in his age 24 season.

He is well on his way to a Hall of Fame career if he stays on the same track he is on right now.--- while russell is a few months out of absolutely humiliating himself in front of his teammatesa nd the media.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- if you want to bet- let me know- ill bet you that Kyrie makes an ALL NBA team, and his 4th all star team- in a year where he plays the vast majority of the season in his age 24 season.

He is well on his way to a Hall of Fame career if he stays on the same track he is on right now.--- while russell is a few months out of absolutely humiliating himself in front of his teammatesa nd the media.

Sure, I'll bet that Irving doesn't make the All-NBA team. What are the stakes?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that game last night, Wall was a 1 man show for the Wizards. Got to think he's going to leave the wizards, unless they improve, when his contract ends.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha

how about ROY, All Star teams, 50 point games, game winning shots, 40 point games in the NBA Finals, etc. etc. etc.....I mean-

Russell finished NINTH in the ROY voting...lol.....being the 2nd pick....and Kyrie of course won it.

Kyrie Irving Stats this year:

24.4 pts, 4.7 apg, 3.1 rpg, 0.6 spg, assist to turnover ratio 1.90, field goal %48.1, 3 pt % 40.9%, free throw shooting 87.0%, PER- 21.5

DeAngelo Russell stats this year

16.1 pts, 4.8 apg, 3.4 rpg, 1.3 spg, assist to turnover ratio 1.55, field goal % 41.3%, 3 pt % 37.2%, free throw % 76.3%, PER- a decent 17.3

difference:

points- Kyrie 8.1 (a humongous margin)
assists- Russell- by .1 (practically tied)
rebounds- Russell by .3 (practically tied)
assist to turnover ration- Kyrie- .35- edge to Kyrie
field goal %: Kyrie- 6.8%- (a humongous margin- difference between being a shitty shooter and one of the best in the game)
3 pt %- Kyrie by 3.2%- (difference between being a solid 3 pt shooter and an ELITe 3 pt shooter)
free throw %- Kyrie by over 10%- difference between being a mediocre free throw shooter for a guard- and being one of the best)
PER: 4.2- while PER is far from a perfect stat- it does negate minutes differential- a PER of 17 is generally solid- a PER of over 20 is generally very very good.

So- Kyrie -- whether you compare Kyrie's first year to Russels firsr year, whether you compare his 2nd year to Russels 2nd y ear- or this years stats- simply crushes the kid- which is to be expected.

Kyrie wipes the floor with Russells ass. Just the cold hard facts.

And yet, he's still the 7th best point guard in the league at best. If Harden is considered a point guard, he becomes the 8th or 9th best point guard.

And, your stats mean nothing. There is a good chance that when all is said and done, Ruseell will be better than Kyrie. He's already just as good on assists, a better rebounder and better defender.

I do think it's pretty hilarious that you now are only comparing Kyrie to a player who is 13 games into his 2nd year. Just shows that you know that Kyrie isn't as good as you want him to be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, he's still the 7th best point guard in the league at best. If Harden is considered a point guard, he becomes the 8th or 9th best point guard.

And, your stats mean nothing. There is a good chance that when all is said and done, Ruseell will be better than Kyrie. He's already just as good on assists, a better rebounder and better defender.

I do think it's pretty hilarious that you now are only comparing Kyrie to a player who is 13 games into his 2nd year. Just shows that you know that Kyrie isn't as good as you want him to be.
lol...wow...just so much here that is just so ridiculous its not even funny.

There is absolutely NOTHING you can point to that would lead any sane person to believe Russell will be better than Kyrie Irving at this point

I mean- Kyrie Irving won the ROY, is a multi time all star, multiple 50 point games, All NBA team,

the thing Russell is most famous for is being on the worst team in Lakers history- and humiliating his teammate.

As for 7th best PG?-- LOL....multiple publications have him as a top 20 player, LET ALONe 8th or 9th at his position.

The facts?-- Kyrie- is a top 15 player, multi time all star, champion, one of the clutchest players in the league, and if his career arc continues- will end up in Springfield.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...wow...just so much here that is just so ridiculous its not even funny.

There is absolutely NOTHING you can point to that would lead any sane person to believe Russell will be better than Kyrie Irving at this point

I mean- Kyrie Irving won the ROY, is a multi time all star, multiple 50 point games, All NBA team,

the thing Russell is most famous for is being on the worst team in Lakers history- and humiliating his teammate.

As for 7th best PG?-- LOL....multiple publications have him as a top 20 player, LET ALONe 8th or 9th at his position.

The facts?-- Kyrie- is a top 15 player, multi time all star, champion, one of the clutchest players in the league, and if his career arc continues- will end up in Springfield.

You can post all of the bullshit you want. It doesn't change the fact that Kyrie is no better than the 7th best point guard and maybe only the 9th best point guard. Those are the facts.

Deal with it and move on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a die-hard Ohio State I'm a fan of Russell's (even if he plays for the Lakers:D). And I dislike any players from dook. Granted it's early in the season but looking @ their #'s @ age 20 Irving has the edge in just about every category.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a die-hard Ohio State I'm a fan of Russell's (even if he plays for the Lakers:D). And I dislike any players from dook. Granted it's early in the season but looking @ their #'s @ age 20 Irving has the edge in just about every category.

I never denied that. I just said that I think when all is said and done, Russell will end up being better. I also pointed out that based on the numbers Kyrie doesn't "dominate" Russell like Wiggy tried to claim.

I do expect though, that when they play, Kyrie is gonna show Russell some things he's never seen before and won't know how to handle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never denied that. I just said that I think when all is said and done, Russell will end up being better. I also pointed out that based on the numbers Kyrie doesn't "dominate" Russell like Wiggy tried to claim.

I do expect though, that when they play, Kyrie is gonna show Russell some things he's never seen before and won't know how to handle.

I hope you're right that when it's all said & done Russell's the better player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right that when it's all said & done Russell's the better player.

Yeah, no guarantees of course. That's how it is with young players. He might be as good as he's ever going to be. He might become a hall of famer or he might land somewhere in between.

Early returns are favorable with how much he's improved just since last season though.

Considering how his development (and the development of the other young guys) was sacrificed for the Kobe farewell tour, this season could almost be looked at as his rookie year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm watching a full Heat game until more players are back. To watch a pretty bad team (even when healthy) without 5 players is hard....especially 3-5 of those guys are pretty important

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm watching a full Heat game until more players are back. To watch a pretty bad team (even when healthy) without 5 players is hard....especially 3-5 of those guys are pretty important

I say that and go on to watch the entire first quarter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.