• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
highly doubt that happens...

#butkeephopealive:D

The Warriors are playing better now then with KD, you add a great player back into the mix, especially when he gets 15 shots a game and things are going to change. Guys might pass up shots, it isn't going to be all smooth like some expect but it really doesn't matter, they won't lose in the first two series with or without KD.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are playing better now then with KD, you add a great player back into the mix, especially when he gets 15 shots a game and things are going to change. Guys might pass up shots, it isn't going to be all smooth like some expect but it really doesn't matter, they won't lose in the first two series with or without KD.

the last game he played against the Cavs tells me a different story. point he's ALREADY used to playing off Curry, Thompson, etc and ALREADY knows the system...

wishing for dysfunction of ANY kind at this point is grasping at straws...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee's tough with the Freak and all. they're a hard team to beat...

No doubt about that. Although I still can't properly say the Freak's last name. It's a tongue twister.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors be like, "hey msgkings:

2QeK8RZdKs8rS.gif

That was one heckuva come back last night. The Warriors had easy excuses for getting blown out. They were on a b2b and without KD. Coming back against the Spurs to win going away says a lot, imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Raptors last night. Allowing the fucking Hornets 44 pts in the 4th?!

Damn I didn't realize they gave up 44 forth quarter points. They must have taken a page out of the Cavs defensive playbook.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise. If they're healthy then there is no way they are losing to any team 4 of 7. For them to start playing this well without KD after they were struggling at first is beyond scary.

Once they playoffs get here I'll be surprised if any team can even take them to 6 games in a series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least i can fall back on the fact my team is fighting for first in the conference and not last....:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I'd say that you have plenty of experience with a team fighting for last place, but we all know that you aren't a Cavs fan when they don't have Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last game he played against the Cavs tells me a different story. point he's ALREADY used to playing off Curry, Thompson, etc and ALREADY knows the system...

wishing for dysfunction of ANY kind at this point is grasping at straws...

Especially when the fanbase's team is the one is obvious disarray.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- there is no debate- rest is beneficial to the players. The Cavs are also in the situation where they have 9 games left- most teams have 7--- they are playing 6 games in 10 days at one point. I mean- whatever- but youd rather not wear these guys down right before the playoffs start.

In the Cavs case, there is definitely room for debate on rest.

It's a real Catch-22, imo. On the one hand, yes, rest is important. On the other hand, the Cavs aren't exactly playing good basketball and look completely out of sync on defense. There doesn't appear to be much communication or defensive rotation with them. It's hard to just turn that on when the playoffs start.

Offensively, the Cavs should be fine as they have guys who can score. The problem is that at some point they are going to have to be able to stop somebody and they just don't look like they can. Their offense will likely be enough to get them through the first 2 rounds and maybe even get them to the finals. But it's not going to win them the title without big improvement on defense. Especially with what we are seeing from the Warriors.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say it like this...

Anti-tek-koompo...:D

but you're right, that sucker DOES take some practice...:lol:

Thanks, that helps. That has to be 1 of the more difficult names in the league in a while.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he's alright, but he ain't no Tristan Kardashian.

Who is though? One thing for sure Whiteside, the Unibrow, Boogie & KAT aren't C's but the Canadian Kardashian is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will they have to go through another adjustment period when he comes back?

It seems like the only issue they've had at all has been adjusting with him and then without him.

Yes, there will be some adjustment. But that shouldn't be too much trouble, especially if he can come back for 3 or so games before the end of the season. They now already know what adjustments need to be made because they've already done it once. Because of that, they can work through those adjustments in the first round if necessary.

In short, if you're hoping they are still trying to adjust by the time the finals roll around or that they will get knocked out of the playoffs because of it. You're likely to be disappointed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will they have to go through another adjustment period when he comes back?

It seems like the only issue they've had at all has been adjusting with him and then without him.

Final adjustment: Make KD the Sixth Man. I think he can win a few Sixth Man of the Year awards moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.