• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Top Prospects

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I expect SJ to sport some interesting stories on offense...

1B - AnVill and Thomas. AnVill SHOULD be on the fast track, sink or swim next year. If he fails, so-be-it. If he swims, AWESOME!!! Thomas is a place-holder, but we have nothing else at 1B below AA (Oropesa).

SS - Tomlinson. I don't see him doing anything. I hope to be wrong. I am more interested in Relaford and Otero, but I expect them both in Augusta (maybe even SK) next year.

OF - Jones, RafRod, Payne, Galindo. Between these 4, one will likely be in Augusta. They all look nice, but are all raw. Any could be an MVP in 8 years, or bagging groceries.

C - I expect Susac to be in Richmond. However, they may have him repeat since they will have ALL their top pitching prospect here next year. Joseph will be in Fresno, so there is no one to catch in Richmond, though. Arnold, Staley and Dashenko are all potentials for the SJ job...

Doubt it. His performance has been sub par to say the least, and ToJo will probably repeat AA. He was the third youngest guy in the eastern league, and he still has a lot of swing issues that he needs to learn in that tough environment.The FO had no issues with Parker repeating SJ, and he was a 2nd round pick too.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ALWAYS catch myself almost talking about the Firebirds and how they are playing :)

One of the coolest mascots I thought growing up

Obscure firebirds reference (who the heck is on Matty's baseball card??)

1987_ProCards_Firebirds.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"**BREAKING NEWS: Chris Stratton, Giants First Round Pick in the 2012 MLB Draft, is scheduled to make his professional debut this Sunday at Volcanoes Stadium. Here is your chance to be a part of this once-in-a-career opportunity."

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Update on Hembree:

So it is a tendon strain. Must be minor is he's only out up to two weeks. And it probably means there is some other reason he was pitching so poorly in may and june.

Hembree still out.......hmmmmm.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hembree still out.......hmmmmm.

That has the added impact of slowing trade talks. I'm not saying that I think SabeySabes is going to move him, but he would be an attractive piece for any team to start discussions, if he had a clean bill of health.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That has the added impact of slowing trade talks. I'm not saying that I think SabeySabes is going to move him, but he would be an attractive piece for any team to start discussions, if he had a clean bill of health.

I'm hearing the tommy john rumors again.....no link....so take it with some skepticism. The Giants just don't have top tier minor league prospects - Belt and Chez3 are without a doubt their best trade chips. But who's out there to get, at this point?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing the tommy john rumors again.....no link....so take it with some skepticism. The Giants just don't have top tier minor league prospects - Belt and Chez3 are without a doubt their best trade chips. But who's out there to get, at this point?

The only person I'd be remotely interested in at this point (as far as the usual suspects on the trade front) is Chase Headley.....and I just don't think the Padres would deal him intra-division unless we overpaid.....and Headley isn't good enough (enough of a difference maker) to warrant that.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only person I'd be remotely interested in at this point (as far as the usual suspects on the trade front) is Chase Headley.....and I just don't think the Padres would deal him intra-division unless we overpaid.....and Headley isn't good enough (enough of a difference maker) to warrant that.

Yeah, he's probably not worth prospects to the Giants. Now if it was a salary dump, I'd go for it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you hear this on the radio, other message boards, or just the voices in your head?

I have not heard his name mentioned anywhere since he hit the DL, so I am surprised there have been rumbling about that that I have not seen...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did you hear this on the radio, other message boards, or just the voices in your head?

I have not heard his name mentioned anywhere since he hit the DL, so I am surprised there have been rumbling about that that I have not seen...

Voices in my head.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voices in my head.

:)

BTW...

I have the same voices saying the same thing in my head. I just wanted to know if they were also speaking to doctors or media-types...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't everyone in the profession at least part ghoul, making them all paranormal to some extent?

Facists prevented me from repping...

I figure I needed to rep you just to cancel out the neg you were about to recieve from another of our regulars (not mentioning names)...

<cough>tz<cough>