• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Top Prospects

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, anyway, Hembree's toast, then? A Chris Perez trade is suddenly sounding better. ;)

See how rumors get started?

GP is just extrapolating since he has now been out 3 weeks for an injury that was only supposed to be for "up to a couple weeks".

Nothing to see here. Move along...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with our potential big power bat in the minors is now gone, so I turned my attention to our former big potential power bat, Angel Villlalona. .310/.444/.512 slash line 6 homers in 129 AB's. He has a 35/21, K/BB which is a career best (he already has his most career walks).

He's a lot older than most of these guys here, but it's good to see that he didn't completely lose his baseball touch. Hopefully he gets his visa sorted out so he can come over to the states.

Also, Shawn Payne (my major sleeper), .314/.411/.425 line, 39 steals, 2 CS. And a 59/45 K/BB ratio. He should be shooting up the ranks next year and nip at Gary Brown's heels.

And Nick Noonan has really helped himself this year, .306/.363/.449, 35 XBH. He may have saved his major league career this year instead of going down the pipe that Wendell Fairly fell through.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with our potential big power bat in the minors is now gone, so I turned my attention to our former big potential power bat, Angel Villlalona. .310/.444/.512 slash line 6 homers in 129 AB's. He has a 35/21, K/BB which is a career best (he already has his most career walks).

He's a lot older than most of these guys here, but it's good to see that he didn't completely lose his baseball touch. Hopefully he gets his visa sorted out so he can come over to the states.

Also, Shawn Payne (my major sleeper), .314/.411/.425 line, 39 steals, 2 CS. And a 59/45 K/BB ratio. He should be shooting up the ranks next year and nip at Gary Brown's heels.

And Nick Noonan has really helped himself this year, .306/.363/.449, 35 XBH. He may have saved his major league career this year instead of going down the pipe that Wendell Fairly fell through.

And in related news, when I play with my nephews t-ball team, I hit .650 with 10 HRs. The Giants and I are in deep negotiations.

Wish me luck...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in related news, when I play with my nephews t-ball team, I hit .650 with 10 HRs. The Giants and I are in deep negotiations.

Wish me luck...

Read the next line ;)

...But we could really use a power bat off the bench, hope things get sorted out with you :p

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Wish me luck...

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Hembree:

Finally, an MRI confirmed a flexor-tendon strain for relief prospect Heath Hembree. He’ll be out up to two weeks.

So it is a tendon strain. Must be minor is he's only out up to two weeks. And it probably means there is some other reason he was pitching so poorly in may and june.

Hembree still out.......hmmmmm.

According to This Hembree is (finally) pitching again (I was starting to think he'd be out for the rest of the season, with maybe surgery thrown in):

right-hander Heath Hembree came out of two live BP sessions without any problems and the Giants activated him on Tuesday. But they assigned him to Single-A San Jose, not Triple-A Fresno.

Hembree tossed a scoreless inning at Stockton, striking out one.

He’ll remain in San Jose just long enough to get his bearings before the Giants move him back up the chain, club vice president Bobby Evans told me. There’s no such thing as a rehab assignment in the minor leagues.

Hembree had been shut down for a month because of a flexor strain in his right elbow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to This Hembree is (finally) pitching again (I was starting to think he'd be out for the rest of the season, with maybe surgery thrown in):

right-hander Heath Hembree came out of two live BP sessions without any problems and the Giants activated him on Tuesday. But they assigned him to Single-A San Jose, not Triple-A Fresno.

Hembree tossed a scoreless inning at Stockton, striking out one.

He’ll remain in San Jose just long enough to get his bearings before the Giants move him back up the chain, club vice president Bobby Evans told me. There’s no such thing as a rehab assignment in the minor leagues.

Hembree had been shut down for a month because of a flexor strain in his right elbow.

Sounds like they are just being UBER careful with him, since they need him so badly next year with Wilson's career potentially over.

Not a bad strategy...

I am still a bit concerned, though. But I do have 98% faith that the org will handle it properly (or as properly as possible).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Panik is 8 for his last 9 (including 7 straight) with 2 homers and a double and he's taken a walk for good measure. His line is up to .291/.367/.411 still has a +1 BB/SO ratio (52/48) and has 69 RBI. His last 10 games, he's as hot as Posey, .477/.510/.727 for a 1.273 OPS

Michael Kickman threw 7 no-hit innings, walking 2 and striking out 8. Last 2 starts, 15.1 innings 0.00 ERA, 3 hits, 3 BBs, 20 K's. The lefty is on a roll.

Brett Bochy is getting everyone out, righties and lefties. He's also striking out both righties and lefties at a high rate and both are hitting below .170 against him. He also owns a 5/1, K/BB ratio. Little Bochy is dominating.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Joe Panik is 8 for his last 9 (including 7 straight) with 2 homers and a double and he's taken a walk for good measure. His line is up to .291/.367/.411 still has a +1 BB/SO ratio (52/48) and has 69 RBI. His last 10 games, he's as hot as Posey, .477/.510/.727 for a 1.273 OPS

Michael Kickman threw 7 no-hit innings, walking 2 and striking out 8. Last 2 starts, 15.1 innings 0.00 ERA, 3 hits, 3 BBs, 20 K's. The lefty is on a roll.

Brett Bochy is getting everyone out, righties and lefties. He's also striking out both righties and lefties at a high rate and both are hitting below .170 against him. He also owns a 5/1, K/BB ratio. Little Bochy is dominating.

And Crick (2.39 ERA) and Blackburn (2.63 ERA) are killing it! People who bitch about our farm can go suck it. Is it a top system, No. But there is a lot of talent in it that has a good shot at having a decent ML career.

The pitching in particular is boo hood about the most after the Wheeler trade. Kickham and Heston are back end guys, but that is what we NEED! You can't expect to have a top of the rotation arm in every spot of the rotation.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Crick (2.39 ERA) and Blackburn (2.63 ERA) are killing it! People who bitch about our farm can go suck it. Is it a top system, No. But there is a lot of talent in it that has a good shot at having a decent ML career.

The pitching in particular is boo hood about the most after the Wheeler trade. Kickham and Heston are back end guys, but that is what we NEED! You can't expect to have a top of the rotation arm in every spot of the rotation.

Agreed, Crick is probably the only guy who has the stuff to be a number 1 type but there is quite a bit of depth in the system. The thing I like about Blackburn, Mejia, Heston etc. is that they throw strikes, always love seeing young pitchers throw strikes. And the 3 I mentioned in particular are built to eat innings with the combination of their pitching styles and big bodies. If your back-end guys can just eat up innings, that's all you can ask for.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. JC Perez has being playing CF recently in Richmond, maybe to showcase his versatility for a callup? hmmmm.....

He's batting a cool .400 his last 10 for AA. He has a .307/.346/.456 line 11 homers 15 steals...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very scary moment, Chuck Jones hit a line drive in BP that apparently hit newly drafted first rounder Chris Stratton on the side of the head. Condition to be updated tomorrow. Scary stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very scary moment, Chuck Jones hit a line drive in BP that apparently hit newly drafted first rounder Chris Stratton on the side of the head. Condition to be updated tomorrow. Scary stuff.

Everything I have read says concussion, and his season is over. Of course, there are only 2 weeks left on his season, so it sounds worse than it is.

Baby Bochy was placed on the DL today as well. I assume (I have no idea) that they are shutting him down for the season as well.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everything I have read says concussion, and his season is over. Of course, there are only 2 weeks left on his season, so it sounds worse than it is.

Baby Bochy was placed on the DL today as well. I assume (I have no idea) that they are shutting him down for the season as well.

They really should assign an intern to act as a human shield for our top prospects.