• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Top Prospects

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You single out Johnson from the three-headed reliever-monster of Okert/Blach/Johnson...

Any particular reason?

You also do not agree with Doc on Rosin. Again, any particular reason? (I tend to agree that Doc has him too high, BTW)

Johnson hits triple digits on the radar gun, and far as I know, no one in our system can do that other than him. Granted, Crick and Hembree are right behind him with 99mph. Something about that triple digit speed reading just singles him out in my mind... I never said it was rational :boxing:

As for Rosin, I'm no scout and have NEVER seen anything other than a couple youtube videos. To me, his numbers are just unimpressive other than the Ks, which are nice, but not everything. I would love for him to stick it to me for over looking him, but too many people are putting up superior overall numbers for me to slight them just for his K/9.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clayton Blackburn 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K's. ERA= 2.81

Rain delay cut short, what appeared to be, another dominating start.

He's already posted Cain like numbers in almost the same amount of innings pitched (in Augusta)

STEAL OF THE YEAR!

I can't say it enough, 100k and college tuition.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else excited about SJ pitching next year?

Stratton
Crick
Blackburn
Agosta
Mejia

Holy shit!!! That has some serious potential to be 4 or 5 future MLB starting pitchers...

The offense looks to leave a bit to be desired, though...

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stratton
Crick
Blackburn
Agosta
Mejia

Holy shit!!! That has some serious potential to be 4 or 5 future MLB starting pitchers...

Whoa...that looks pretty sweet. If I'm still working in the south bay next year, I'm try gonna make it to more baby Giants games.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa...that looks pretty sweet. If I'm still working in the south bay next year, I'm try gonna make it to more baby Giants games.

It is POSSIBLE that Stratton will be in Richmond next year. I would be surprised, but not shocked if that happens. I think they want him as the #5 by '14.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stratton
Crick
Blackburn
Agosta
Mejia

Good, we'll get them prepared for the big leagues at a young age then. :heh:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is POSSIBLE that Stratton will be in Richmond next year. I would be surprised, but not shocked if that happens. I think they want him as the #5 by '14.

Im not familiar with how the minors are constructed. Richmond is higher on the minor leagues ladder than SJ?

It's no biggie, i go when me and my friends just happen to be free at the same time and want to catch a local game (a rare occurrence). It's nice to know that there's a starter worth catching during impromptu trips to the Muni.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not familiar with how the minors are constructed. Richmond is higher on the minor leagues ladder than SJ?

It's no biggie, i go when me and my friends just happen to be free at the same time and want to catch a local game (a rare occurrence). It's nice to know that there's a starter worth catching during impromptu trips to the Muni.

Yes...

AAA - Fresno
AA - Richmond
A+ - SJ
A- - Augusta
Short Season - Salem Kaiser
US Rookie - AZL
Latin Rookie - DSL

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He'll probably start in SJ and they'll see where it goes from there. The Giants have proven to be aggressive with top pitching prospects. Cain and Bum both made the jump from A+ to AA in one season after they proved SJ had nothing to offer them. Tim isn't a fair comp since all of the minors really provided no challenge

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He'll probably start in SJ and they'll see where it goes from there. The Giants have proven to be aggressive with top pitching prospects. Cain and Bum both made the jump from A+ to AA in one season after they proved SJ had nothing to offer them. Tim isn't a fair comp since all of the minors really provided no challenge

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...

AAA - Fresno
AA - Richmond
A+ - SJ
A- - Augusta
Short Season - Salem Kaiser
US Rookie - AZL
Latin Rookie - DSL

D'oh! lol

I thought Richmond was one of the A levels.

I still have Phoenix and Shreveport as some of the Giants minor league squads haha

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh! lol

I thought Richmond was one of the A levels.

I still have Phoenix and Shreveport as some of the Giants minor league squads haha

I ALWAYS catch myself almost talking about the Firebirds and how they are playing :)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ALWAYS catch myself almost talking about the Firebirds and how they are playing :)

I keep wanting to call the Washington team the Senators.

And the Washington team on the other coast I want to call the Pilots.

Just like the Lakers belong in Minneapolis. There are no lakes in LA!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to see the Baby Giants play the Modesto Nuts tonight in Modesto. The Modesto mascots are Wally and Al, you figure it out. Game started at 101 degrees, and ended at 90 degrees.

The promotion was $2.50 glasses of wine, of course the "glass" was smaller than a Dixie Cup!

A 9-0 loss for San Jose, though their pitchers completely melted down in the 8th by giving up 7 runs that inning, so the game was much closer than the final score. San Jose going through a tough stretch right now, as I think this is their 6th loss in a row, and they are not hitting.

Panik and Susac played, and neither did anything with the bat.

Oropesa made two really nice plays at first, fielding two dribblers and feeding the pitcher for the out. He also smoked a double to right. Kid is built.

Burg made a tremendous grab on the dead run on the warning track in right center.

Other than that, no one stood out. Looked for Huffer in the dugout, but did not see him, and even if he was there, he never entered the game.

Pitching was poor. Schumer did pretty well, giving up 2 runs in 5 innings.

Osich threw about 93 consistently, but had no control.

Bowlin also threw low 90's, but had even less control.

Concepcion threw serious heat, mid 90's, but was Wild Thing out there. If he could ever get all the moving parts working together in the same direction, he would have some serious stuff.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to see the Baby Giants play the Modesto Nuts tonight in Modesto. The Modesto mascots are Wally and Al, you figure it out.

Wally = Walnut and Al = Almond?

I haven't been to a game at John Thurmond since the A's left town. I have a lot of good memories of that place from when I was a kid. A couple Giants related ones being a bomb by Bobby Bonds Jr and one of the biggest brawls I've ever seen at any level of professional baseball. It was awesome.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stratton
Crick
Blackburn
Agosta
Mejia

I'm excited for SJ next year. For the guys you mentioned plus Bandilla (lefty out of Arizona), Cody Hall (potential closer), Law and Marlowe (both draftees from last year).

On the other side of the ball, not as much. But Shawn Payne and Kelby Tomlinson will be there and Susac might repeat to start.

All in all, I think its safe to say that the pitching is back in the organization.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for SJ next year. For the guys you mentioned plus Bandilla (lefty out of Arizona), Cody Hall (potential closer), Law and Marlowe (both draftees from last year).

On the other side of the ball, not as much. But Shawn Payne and Kelby Tomlinson will be there and Susac might repeat to start.

All in all, I think its safe to say that the pitching is back in the organization.

I expect SJ to sport some interesting stories on offense...

1B - AnVill and Thomas. AnVill SHOULD be on the fast track, sink or swim next year. If he fails, so-be-it. If he swims, AWESOME!!! Thomas is a place-holder, but we have nothing else at 1B below AA (Oropesa).

SS - Tomlinson. I don't see him doing anything. I hope to be wrong. I am more interested in Relaford and Otero, but I expect them both in Augusta (maybe even SK) next year.

OF - Jones, RafRod, Payne, Galindo. Between these 4, one will likely be in Augusta. They all look nice, but are all raw. Any could be an MVP in 8 years, or bagging groceries.

C - I expect Susac to be in Richmond. However, they may have him repeat since they will have ALL their top pitching prospect here next year. Joseph will be in Fresno, so there is no one to catch in Richmond, though. Arnold, Staley and Dashenko are all potentials for the SJ job...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect SJ to sport some interesting stories on offense...

1B - AnVill and Thomas. AnVill SHOULD be on the fast track, sink or swim next year. If he fails, so-be-it. If he swims, AWESOME!!! Thomas is a place-holder, but we have nothing else at 1B below AA (Oropesa).

SS - Tomlinson. I don't see him doing anything. I hope to be wrong. I am more interested in Relaford and Otero, but I expect them both in Augusta (maybe even SK) next year.

OF - Jones, RafRod, Payne, Galindo. Between these 4, one will likely be in Augusta. They all look nice, but are all raw. Any could be an MVP in 8 years, or bagging groceries.

C - I expect Susac to be in Richmond. However, they may have him repeat since they will have ALL their top pitching prospect here next year. Joseph will be in Fresno, so there is no one to catch in Richmond, though. Arnold, Staley and Dashenko are all potentials for the SJ job...

I think Susac will start in SJ then move up to AA. Out of the 4 OF, I say Jones and RafRod stay down unless they show marked improvement the second half, Payne is defiantly on his way and Galindo needs to come back from injury (not sure what it is).

Tomlinson on of the fastest guys in the organization, but he has to show something with the bat. They might move him to CF, which would only put him behind a bunch of guys.

I forgot that AnVill should be making his mark there, if he is allowed in the country. Just adds another element to this possibly exciting team.