• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Minnesota Twins Commentary

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Pavano, how's that "hissy-fit" between him and his gay-lover coming, oops, poor choice words, "going" is probably more politically-correct.......anyone heard?

Last I heard it was just some loser that lives with his mom trying to extort money from Pavano.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, lotta crap going on. A bartender I know weighed in on this subject last nite, sorta. I overheard him saying that he had tried gay-sex only once but he didn't like it, so does that make it fair to call him gay? I really don't have an answer to this riddle. Anyone else have an idea??

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I didn't expect a sweep of the Yanks but it would have been oh so sweet.

Today is a new day. Time to see what Marquis has got for us.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn the yanks ... time for the heavy artillery

voodoo-doll-300x225.jpg

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins did it again. A series split was the best I'd hoped for. Another W today would be gravy!

Capps once again made it too interesting at the end but hats off to him for pulling it off.

How bout that Morneau?! Check out the Boom-stick!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - I was wrong again, sorta. Marquis got cuffed around pretty good but Morneau's massive bat covered Marquis' butt. As the self-annointed, Mr. Glass 1/2 Full, I'm elated that the Twins won. If the Twins win every time I predict bad things I'm gonna become a giant sour-puss!

Morneau's recovery from a series of bad concussions is really remarkable, as so many guys never come back from this. You know me better than anyone, my only issue with Morny was his streakiness, this drove me crazy, that and his being injury-prone. I always said that when Morny was on he was fabulous, just like he is now. You also will remember that I contend that Mauer & Morny are the spiritual leaders of this team. If they fail the team droops along with them. Conversely, if they get hot the other guys perk-up too. Well, now the M & M boys are on fire and the team is looking good!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A split with the Yanks is an accomplishment for the Twins.

I wonder if Granderson sent the pitching staff flowers and a thank you card.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah sure! Granderson is a 1-man wrecking crew, just imagine if he was still in Detroit! Twins pitching is a train-wreck right now. Guys like Granderson eat them up. I'm afraid that the Rays thumpers will pound the Twins staff pretty good this weekend. I'll be up there for a game, or two. I always attend the 1st game each year as a Twins Fan! Because everyone down here is from somewhere else there are always tons of fans for the Rays opponents but it's always in fun! If you watch tonites game I might be there. I'll be in the Twins cap with a "chilly-one" in my hand, you can't miss me!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awesome buck. Have a good time at the game.

I'll look for ya on the tele. Just try not to be the guy that jumps onto the field and gets chased by security.

0504-phillies-fan-taser_full_600.jpg

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC-I remember that dude! What would have happened if he were Black and was tased by a white guy? (I think we all know the answer to that one.)

Both games were a lot of fun and the Twins could have easily won last nite if the relievers could have struck out BJ. His bases-loaded hit was more of miss than a solid contact, and it blooped into CF. Pavano looked very good, not at fault! Danny V. looked distracted at 3B and at the plate. Can't beat a team like the Rays unless U R playing flawlessly.

On the other hand, the Rays had bases-loaded at least twice with 1-out and failed to score. The Twins of a few years ago would have won this game based on that alone. A tired Rays team, 12 in a row, 1st-10 on the road at Det., Boston, and Toronto, could have fumbled last nite away but they didn't. There's the difference. I expect a lot of runs off Liriano today but I still think the Twins can score too. Willingham has been a God-send so far. I'm staying home today. Unbelieveably, my posse got rooms last nite and are going to today's game. Not this "cowboy."

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hate to say it, but the Twins are very weak again this year. Even if the hitters produce the pitching is so erratic that they will lose a lot of 8-6 games. That's bad!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston beatdown. Damn. At least they were able to win a couple off the Yanks. Doesn't look like that will be happening this series.

To the Twins credit, their schedule to start the season has been brutal - Angels, Rangers, Yankees, Rays, Red Sox. All teams picked at the beggining of the season to be poised for a big year.

This weekends series with the Royals should hopefully be a bit of a breather. If they can't get a series win this weekend. Monday will be a tough day to face.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is turning into a "dammed" travesty!(sorry, don't like to swear on-line) Anyways, there has to be a mutiny brewing in the Twin Cities right now. All those ultra-rich guys playing like dog-sh_t and no rash of injuries to really blame it on like last year. Gardy's gonna take the fall, I sense this. (What does the back-stabber always say in the movies? "Sacrifices have to be made!")

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad they at least got one. Royals get one and mother nature gets one.

I'll take the three way split I suppose.