• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Minnesota Twins Commentary

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - I certainly understand and respect your position. Last year was really bad.

Growing up I had a lot of fist fights with bullies and eventually went into the Golden Gloves. What I remember most is that after a fight where I wanted to beat the sh_t out of someone, who wanted to do the same to me, we invariably shook hands and became civil, if not friends, with one another. I was never able to hold a grudge after the fight. It's the same for me now and I think it is that way with the guys you and I once tangled with. More importantly, I know what not to say to set them off and they know the same about me. That's a form of civility truly needed on sports forums.

There are a lot of nut-cases in cyber-space and many are on sports forums. Some are like the brat that gives you the finger from the safety of his Dad's car as he's driven away. Others are rabid fans that take this stuff way, way too seriously. You and I are casual fans and sociable critters by nature. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope you can forget about last year and come around more often. Look at it this way, the more the merrier!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like posting here on SportsHoopla but it would be nice to have more like you say.

I have gone toe to toe on the Fux site many times and have comeback to try to be civil and show respect. The respect never seems to be returned so what can ya do? I gave up on it after trying so many times.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do. It's gonna be very tough to follow the Twins avidly anyway as this morass they're in evolves. We might all just slowly drift away just because of that, but I do think the worst of the bad behavior is out of the Twins site now. Keep us in mind!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good game from Liriano? Maybe the time in the pen did help but how long will it last.

If he could stay consistent, that would be hugh hugh hugh! (sp?)

LOL

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice start for Liriano. Too bad Chen was better.

Hopefully we will be seeing much more of this from Liriano. The desperately need it.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like fun, PC! Have a good time!

By the way, just a few blocks away, on Hennepin Ave., is/was a topless bar me and my posse terrorized for years: The Skyway Lounge. It was between 6th & 7th Sts. on Hennepin Ave. Stop inside and mention my name and see what happens........maybe not!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fun, PC! Have a good time!

By the way, just a few blocks away, on Hennepin Ave., is/was a topless bar me and my posse terrorized for years: The Skyway Lounge. It was between 6th & 7th Sts. on Hennepin Ave. Stop inside and mention my name and see what happens........maybe not!

Do you think it would be a good idea to bring my preggo wife there? lol ;)

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't advise that, but, then again, my wife was in most of those joints with me at one time or another. I knew the owners of the topless bars and the guy that supplied the girls to them so my wife eventually got to meet them, and then the cat was out of the bag. You can bet that I behaved in those joints when momma was with me!

P/S - Congrats, my friend, to you and your bride!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped to see the Twins/Phillies series kick off tonight. It's a win-win for me! lol

They had a good series in Philly last year and I'm hoping for another good one!

Go teams! Go Phins? lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, tell about your excellent adventure to the House that Mauer built. Was the Skyway Lounge still there?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was fun. My "barnoculars" made it even more fun.

img-thing

Just bought a soda for five bucks, drank it down and replaced with the contents of one "barnocular" barrel. Didn't even need to second one and saved a bunch on buying drinks at the game. Win!