• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Minnesota Twins Commentary

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, PC - If I remember correctly, you are a Phillies-guy? If so, you probably saw that Jim Thome stuck his bat up the Rays butt yesterday with a pinch-hit, walk-off homer. That Thome is really sumthin'! He belongs in the AL as a DH for someone looking for power, can you think of a team like that?? I'll give U a hint...think Target Field. Later, bro!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, PC - If I remember correctly, you are a Phillies-guy? If so, you probably saw that Jim Thome stuck his bat up the Rays butt yesterday with a pinch-hit, walk-off homer. That Thome is really sumthin'! He belongs in the AL as a DH for someone looking for power, can you think of a team like that?? I'll give U a hint...think Target Field. Later, bro!

Yeah, I do follow the Philles ever since my bro played for them a few years back.

I agree on Thome. Twins should have held on to that him. Great bat and great guy.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your, "bro" played?? Literally or just figuratively? If he is your actual brother, did he get a shot in the majors? Would I have heard of him? That would be cool to have a relative in the majors. My dad's in prison!! (just kiddin')

Last edited by a moderator:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your, "bro" played?? Literally or just figuratively? If he is your actual brother, did he get a shot in the majors? Would I have heard of him? That would be cool to have a relative in the majors. My dad's in prison!! (just kiddin')

My Step-brother played for the Phillies from about 2006-2009. Then he spent some time bouncing around from the Astros, Mets, and Nationals before he hurt his arm throwing a guy out at second in ST game and had to get tommy john surgery. Unfortunately he was not able to get himself back up but he had a good run and was in his late 30's too so not a real big surprise. His name is Chris Coste and he actually has a book out called "The 33-Year Old Rookie."

:csb:

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, PC - That's ultra-cool in my book! I don't remember him cuz he was in the NL, and I have a bad memory to begin with. Seriously, if it's something to do with facts & figures, I'm very good. Names....not so good.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, PC - I see that Phillie traded Thome to Baltimore today. That's we'll get to see him more often this year. He's sumthin'!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, would have been cool if the Twins grabbed him but I wasn't really expecting it.

Glad we will see him back at Target Field again this year though.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Plouffe is really coming on! I don't care if he has two left hands the way he hits.....keep him!!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they will be using Doumit to steal bases now after the speed he showed running off the field yesterday after the big crack of lightning striking.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, Danny boy..............it's been so long since the Twins have been solid at 3B. Let's hope Plouffe isn't another flash in the pan. 3B demands a power-hitter with a glove. We'll see.

The 2nd half of the Season is upon us. I don't see where it will be any better. Hope the Pohlads at least have a plan for 2013 & beyond.

Later!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hauv - Not intentionally. I'm not sure what's going on and I'm too busy to contact them. Since they re-did the format it has been a real mess. I visit several sites and everyone is saying the same thing about hating the new format. My cable TV is all messed-up as well after a big-storm blew thru here last week. Once again, I don't care all that much and haven't called Comcast either.

I'm trying to get the boat out today and tomorrow but we're expecting the usual storms in the afternoon so I'm on the fence with what to do. Definitely, calling Comcast or writing Fox is not a priority to me. I posted on the Twins site about 10 minutes ago. Just a short one about Liriano. No profanity or threats, let's see what happens.

Keep your eyes on this page and tell the others. This will work while Fox gets its act together. Plus, PC can't get away from us!! Tee, hee!

P/S - Thanks for asking about me!

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry to hear you're in a mess, bro. Not sure why things suck so badly over there now. And its their own doing. No pics for avatars, a screwed up language filtering system. You can say "sucks" but not "sux". Whats the diff? They are killing themselves, me thinks. Well, go fishing and chill. No Old Man of the Sea stuff, and certainly no white whales. Heard a great white chomped a kid in half down in Australia, so stay close to shore. See you when you get back.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no idea what gives, I can create a post sometimes, but it disappears as soon as I turn off my computer. Other times no posts show-up on my computer at all, and I have to turn it off & on to get the daily posts to show up, and even then the daily posts are not on all the web-sites. Even more crazy, my profile is up and running! Fortunately, I'm way too busy right now to worry about all this anyway.

It took 1-week to get all my Comcast channels back, if you remember, this went on when my Fox problems started. Losing Comcast was the biggest headache of all, my wife was not happy! I'm gonna give this Fox-stuff a rest for a while and see if I can get some help from them later. I gotta stop spending so much time chatting baseball. I've had computer issues with them before anyway, and it took an act of Congress to get them fix my access.

I wouldn't use Fox at all if it weren't for my friendship with you guys on the Twins site, especially now with no avatars and private messages, etc. There also is a serious trolling-issue infecting Fox-sites. I see z-dog on the Twins site today and a moron named Boston-is-Great was torturing us several weeks ago when the Twins played Boston, get ready for the rest of them, they are serious trash-talkers. I don't care to read such shet.

Back to work, I go!

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, it blows you cant your avatars up or send private messages, or even invite friends anymore. They blew it there, I say. If they intended to include all that later, then they should have waited until they got all there shit together before they changed stuff.

That was fun to see....19 runs. Someone better tell Plouffe that Willy passed him in homer race.. He is sleeping