• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 Games in 10 Days Big Road Trip

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have a much better pitching staff.
Geez, some of those guys the Giants trotted out there looked more like Sumo wrestlers than pitchers.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea alot of you on here was predicting 4 wins on the entire road trip, which to me was ridiculous. This team has a lot of talent and at any time can get it going, They showed there talents in SF. Right now they are 3-1, going into LA, and they have a good club but we gotta better one when we are rolling. Go Reds!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are hot right now, even with Kemp back on the DL. I'll be happy with a split in LA.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like to be pleasantly surprised than badly disappointed.
Either way, I get my baseball.

I think the guys who are hot will get to sit now, on account of Dusty likes it when a guy goes 4-for-4 and takes a seat on the pine the next game, just in case he's figured something out.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it's 3 wins. I'll count them as we get them. This team can go undefeated, or lose 6 in a row. Hit or go home. It's what's for dinner.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds win again!!!! Our boys have finally hit there stride and are playing really good baseball. Gained a game on Pirates today and are now 4-1 on road trip. GO REDS!!!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to be wrong about this latest trip, so far.
Beating Greinke was a real big deal.
Man, that's some lineup the Dodgers put out there.
Tell ya what ... as interesting as Scully can be, that background music is enough to make me go postal.

Also liking the short-term clutchiness of Izturis.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am slowly warming to Izturdus--he has played well when given his chances. Big hit last night to drive in Frazier and plays good defense. Not a bad option on days when you face a top notch right hander. Right now, this team is a complete surprise as they are finally hitting the baseball like we all knew they could. If they have any chance in hell of catching the WLB's, they will have to hit like this for the rest of the regular season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasantly surprised with the road trip so far. Tonight is a big one. If we can beat Kershaw then anything is possible.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they gaining in the standings? I'm happy their unexpectedly winning in the West, but the bottom line is they need to keep winning and climbing the standings. It's going to take more than a road trip to do that.

jdombar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the Reds, the Cardinals are done playing the cupcakes they have been playing and will start playing some real baseball teams. The Birds have only played 2 teams with a winning record since June 9th and have gone a combined 1-5 against them. So while it looks like they are unstoppable they have really just been in a favorable part of their schedule. We will find out how good they really are as 10 of there next 13 series are against teams with a winning record. The Reds over that same period of time will face 7 of 13 with winning records. There will definitely be an opportunity to gains some ground.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win last night for the red legs. Tonight will be really tough, but maybe the Reds will be able to get to Kershaw and score just enough and Bailey can hold it down. It's been a really good road trip out west so far and it looks like some of the bats are waking up early after the AS break.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the Reds, the Cardinals are done playing the cupcakes they have been playing and will start playing some real baseball teams. The Birds have only played 2 teams with a winning record since June 9th and have gone a combined 1-5 against them. So while it looks like they are unstoppable they have really just been in a favorable part of their schedule. We will find out how good they really are as 10 of there next 13 series are against teams with a winning record. The Reds over that same period of time will face 7 of 13 with winning records. There will definitely be an opportunity to gains some ground.

I see ZERO evidence the Birds will lose more than 3 in a row.
Even if we sweep them, and the math suggests there's a 67 percent chance it won't happen, they will still be the playoff opponent.
The Birds will play the Parrots too and the worst-case scenario is a split.
Reds match up fairly well with the Parrots but seem to get white knuckles against fairly ordinary hitters like Jones and Pedro.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been happy with the Reds so far, I think they've underachieved. I dislike the way the Reds fall so esily into excuses about injuries, that quite frankly dont distract teams that have similar or worse situations, that seem to do what it takes regardless. But, I do like the way the schedule forced so many division rivals to play important series late...the Reds schedule was soft early, too. The bottom line for me is, the schedule gives teams the opportunity to go head to head down the stretch, and that's the way it should be. I've never been one that believed in getting "help" to get in the playoffs, because I don't think it is condusive to the mindset and level if play required to go deep if you back into post season. Going to work on a winning west coast road trip right after the break would be a good sign they get it.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we have a good western road trip last year, that started a good run. Might have been after Votto went down

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds gained a game on the Pirates last night, the Cardinals do have a tough road trip coming up in August.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds September schedule features 12 games against the Cubs, Brewers, Mets, and Astros, 10 games vs the Pirates and Cards, and 3 games against the Dodgers.

Nothing will be settled in this division until then.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't over til it's over, the fat lady sings, or Dusty is in a playoff elimination game.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Cards & Pirates lost last night............bah! So did we.............damnit.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lost opportunity. Bailey should sue the offense for non support. Seems like they almost never score for him.