• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G57 29-17-10 Kings @ McBitch 2/26/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great example of why Kaliyev just isn't a smart player. Has the puck, instead of shooting hangs on too much. A second later Laferriere gets it, swings around and fires it and Skinner had to be alert.

I get a laugh reading Teh Blog, his name doesn't come up at all now except for a few who will die on that hill, he was supposed to score 30 this season according to them.

Like I said, he will be lucky to get 30 the rest of his NHL career. Absolute blown 2nd round pick, the very next player taken was Bobby Brink by Philadelphia who for a guy who's the size of The Lizard is a much more complete player. Way more compete, intelligence.

Great job Yanetti, go stroke yourself some more for what you did 18 years ago. I honestly believe he is being showcased, that's why he's been back in the lineup.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lights out. Game 1 on this trip, a foe, rival...epic fail.

Half of their last 26 games will be PD games.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew Arvidsson was the Kings backbone?
Undefeated with him playing even 17 seconds guaranteed a win

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonk wonk wonk. Oilers only know how to attack, so the Kings have to make them defend. We all knew whatever narrative Jim Fox was trying to spin with special teams was just lip service. Kings get a 5 on 3, and immediately lose the faceoff/get it killed off. Oilers get a PP and score in 10 seconds. This is the 3rd year of this and nothing has changed on that front. They matchup okay with Edmonton 5 on 5 but this is a losing formula still.

Bouchard and Draisaitl are the main guys I look at. They are scorers but they don't want to or even pretend to play defense, so you need to attack them and make them defend. It's almost like in OT when you want possession at this point. Kings didn't play the worst game ever, but they played a very scared 3rd period and they paid for it. Rittich/Talbot isn't the answer and they were never going to be the answer. The thinking was Fiala, PLD, Gavrikov, Moore, Danault. Dudes making the little extra money they would've used on goaltending need to be the difference makers.

I didn't hear Fiala, Kopitar, PLD too much. I feel like Danault matched with McDavid all night, so that line gets a pass, but that's where they need that depth to make up for it.

End of the day, this team feels less exciting and less prepared to take on Edmonton than they did a few years ago. I still don't think Oilers can win a cup with Skinner and that defense, but they are better head to head than LA. The only way I think LA gets into the playoffs and does anything is by avoiding them. Just feels that way.

Blake built this team and they are so uninspiring.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the way they almost always play the oilers the last few years. Play them tight, attack them have some success part of the game and play timid and turtle the rest of the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cap viewing. These 3 guys are a quarter of the payroll that Blake has added (On each year the last 3 years) and it just doesn't feel like he has hit on any of them. My moves are to let Lizotte go. Trevor Lewis is whatever. Probably move on from him too. Kaliyev I get frustrated watching but feel like he'll just go do well somewhere else. JAD move on from, obviously.

Roy is fine, but if you think he'll get $6 mil/year I'd pass for sure. Byfield will get a bump, but I couldn't even guess to what amount. I'd like to see more of Turcotte the rest of the season. Next year just roll the youth on defense in Spence and Clarke paired with some size. And I'd go get 3 bottom 4 forwards who have size. Just have them play 1 shift a period where they just come out and hit people. Nothing more to it than that. That would be more effective than how they currently use their 4th line.

I don't want to argue (or maybe I do), but that PLD $8.5 coupled with Fiala $7.875, making up almost 20% of your cap needs have more impact or you'll just never win or do anything. Those two are on the books together for 7 more years (Maybe "only" 6 for Fiala).

1709011754540.png

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cap viewing. These 3 guys are a quarter of the payroll that Blake has added (On each year the last 3 years) and it just doesn't feel like he has hit on any of them. My moves are to let Lizotte go. Trevor Lewis is whatever. Probably move on from him too. Kaliyev I get frustrated watching but feel like he'll just go do well somewhere else. JAD move on from, obviously.

Roy is fine, but if you think he'll get $6 mil/year I'd pass for sure. Byfield will get a bump, but I couldn't even guess to what amount. I'd like to see more of Turcotte the rest of the season. Next year just roll the youth on defense in Spence and Clarke paired with some size. And I'd go get 3 bottom 4 forwards who have size. Just have them play 1 shift a period where they just come out and hit people. Nothing more to it than that. That would be more effective than how they currently use their 4th line.

I don't want to argue (or maybe I do), but that PLD $8.5 coupled with Fiala $7.875, making up almost 20% of your cap needs have more impact or you'll just never win or do anything. Those two are on the books together for 7 more years (Maybe "only" 6 for Fiala).

View attachment 355570

I dont think anyone would argue about PLD and 8.5, i wouldnt have done it. I just want him playing where he is supposed to.

JAD, Lewis, Kaliyev, Turcott, Grundstrom, Lizotte...keep 2 replace the rest. Having at least 1 i would prefer 2 "response" type guys would serve these guys better than this current whatever....they get out there work really hard and then flub whatever chance they may have gotten.

Really tho, Kings are very lucky this season as they are still better then the teams below them. If they could get a decent F to replace Arvidsson they would look decent enough and just roll the dice for the playoffs....i wouldnt pay much for that F and that all depends on Cantplay, who by the way went back to LA for MRI....so not good

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kempe flew back to LA for evaluations. So they won't have him against Calgary or Vancouver :/

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good, injuries are piling up at the worst time.