• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners crucial 'road trip thread' TX - SD - LAA

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of things I can hammer the Phillies on and yes they made the WS but they have issues but that's a different topic. What they do right that the Mariners don't do is open the checkbook. Yep Turner has started off slow but I'm sure he'll turn it around. Paid Schwarber to hit HR's, signed Wheeler and of course locking down Harper. Like I said, they have issues right now but the FO is committed to trying to win a WS. The complete opposite of what the Mariners are doing.
And that is the key. They tried to win. I don't blame any team including the stupid Mets for spending like they did even when it doesn't work. You have to try. I mean if you can do it the Rays way like you and others have said, more power to them. But when you can't, spend to make up for your deficiencies.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flexen.could.go as well..and prob will.
But trade values.has him..at.
A ground ball..pitch coach..could prob.
Do something..
I don't know his prob..
But clubs are interested..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I said it after the Rangers series but someone has to go. Servais won’t but Acta and Hill are beloved by the players so one of them needs the symbolic axe.
If they fall way under .500 Dipoto may have to clean out the coaches to save his own job for at least another year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego..and.cardinals.may be able.
To change.it up.for flex..a 14.game winner..
2.yea4s ago..he has the stuff....
.makes.8.mil..whitch.i.also.
Deleated..for.nect.year.8n.the.math.
But did not.mention..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the key. They tried to win. I don't blame any team including the stupid Mets for sending like they did even when it doesn't work. You have to try. I mean if you can do it the Rays way like you and others have said, more power to them. But when you can't, spend to make up for your deficiencies.
Correct! To flat out ignore the deficiencies minus the 1 trade is a fireable offense if this team falls way short of expectations.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they fall way under .500 Dipoto may have to clean out the coaches to save his own job for at least another year.
Shake ups .go with depotos..job..

And finding.ftee.agents.to.come.to.seattle.
Not the easiest.thing..
Take your best .hometowners..
Conforto.and Snell..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want woo..what ever.im.more.inclined
To send him for garcia.but whatever..
A3 team trade..may work..lolololol.
Yeah more likely.

Woo.for oniel..
And..
Deloach.and.co.for Garcia..yeah.
Send wong as well..darren.baker.will need help

May mean flexen starts..so be it..
Mariners losing with..or without..
So what..

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the key. They tried to win. I don't blame any team including the stupid Mets for spending like they did even when it doesn't work. You have to try. I mean if you can do it the Rays way like you and others have said, more power to them. But when you can't, spend to make up for your deficiencies.
The things with the Rays and even A’s is they have shown the ability to build through the draft and smart trades (obviously not counting the A’s this year) but if you over any “rebuild” they do have to spend. In my lifetime I think only the Giants and Royals are teams you can say won on the cheap and from within

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want yes..
Santana..

I would not trade for him.
But get him as a free agent..after the season.

Yeah..however.long..1years.and option year
Yeah.Maybe.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners
The things with the Rays and even A’s is they have shown the ability to build through the draft and smart trades (obviously not counting the A’s this year) but if you over any “rebuild” they do have to spend. In my lifetime I think only the Giants and Royals are teams you can say won on the cheap and from within
Need.at.least one.more.year..to.let..
The minors.hitters.get close.
And why..I..scout all..collage.guys..
And pull.hard..on
Hitters
And advanced hitters..like schanuel.1b
Cam fisher..rf
Trevor williams.ss.
Austin.demming..dh...3b/1b

Thoughts..guys will move faster.through.
The minors and could be at AA.after.one year

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always.alts..
But mariners have an opportunity.
With..
4 picks in the top.57..
5 in top 100..
So.that..
The way I like it is.4 hitters.1.pitcher..
In top 100..
Mariners need.a top.left.handed..
And if
Hagen smith.is in this draft..i.would do.it
Other wise.the top.
Rhp..#90.or the one.5he mariners like.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how hefty the fine would be for cancelling the rest of the season? As long as we have quitters on the team, might just as well have to do that.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list.is.off.off.of NCAA stats..
Scott hunters.list.is the real.one..
Loloool

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how hefty the fine would be for cancelling the rest of the season? As long as we have quitters on the team, might just as well have to do that.
It's.you have to put in the effort ..to.appreciate.
The good...times..
And the struggle..makes a diff.in the end.
Like winker..didn't like.
To work for it...
Just don't work..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watch Julio's AB's. He is so out of touch right now...all year. That is a good average, but not great recognition on his part. I would never throw him a fast ball.

Suarez looks like his bat has slowed way down from last year. He seems to be having the same problems he had in Cincinnati his last two years there.

Teoscar...no clue. I always thought he was a roll player in Toronto and never gave him much thought. It wasn't until we traded for him that he suddenly became Trout by fans. He, to me, looks like the guy I thought he was.
Touche.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Royals part is correct. This is payroll rank the years each won it.

Giants:
2010 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2014 - 6th

Royals:
2015 - 17th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Royals part is correct. This is payroll rank the years each won it.

Giants:
2010 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2014 - 6th

Royals:
2015 - 17th
Was it only because of Posey and the Panda or whatever his name is? I just guess those are two teams that I can think that we can equate the scenario to the Mariners in terms of young talent. I don’t know, the Padres are struggling and Seattle never had the collection of prospects that the Braves did so there isn’t a real comp. They have proven they cannot do it the way the Rays and A’s do it with them being great at trading. Let alone since TMobile park opened up, can’t develop an offensive star. Seager and somewhat Julio is all I can think of. Alot of the guys they traded away that went onto superstardom weren’t anything but below average here outside of Ketel Marte.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it only because of Posey and the Panda or whatever his name is? I just guess those are two teams that I can think that we can equate the scenario to the Mariners in terms of young talent. I don’t know, the Padres are struggling and Seattle never had the collection of prospects that the Braves did so there isn’t a real comp. They have proven they cannot do it the way the Rays and A’s do it with them being great at trading. Let alone since TMobile park opened up, can’t develop an offensive star. Seager and somewhat Julio is all I can think of. Alot of the guys they traded away that went onto superstardom weren’t anything but below average here outside of Ketel Marte.
Giants 2010 payroll. Baseball Prospectus | Compensation | Baseball Prospectus
Giants 2014 payroll: Baseball Prospectus | Compensation | Baseball Prospectus

I think Giants are a good comp as well, but they did sign some big names. Bonds, Kent, Zito, Pence are a few.

I think Royals are perfect comparable as far as markets. There is nothing they can do that we should not be able to do. I think you nailed those two. Of course they did have legit management...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants 2010 payroll. Baseball Prospectus | Compensation | Baseball Prospectus
Giants 2014 payroll: Baseball Prospectus | Compensation | Baseball Prospectus

I think Giants are a good comp as well, but they did sign some big names. Bonds, Kent, Zito, Pence are a few.

I think Royals are perfect comparable as far as markets. There is nothing they can do that we should not be able to do. I think you nailed those two. Of course they did have legit management...
Did the Bonds/Kent teams ever win a championship though? I thought they won post them when it was Posey and Bumgardner? I also thought the Royals comp to Seattle was a lot to better than the Braves or Astros as us fans were being sold.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Bonds/Kent teams ever win a championship though? I thought they won post them when it was Posey and Bumgardner? I also thought the Royals comp to Seattle was a lot to better than the Braves or Astros as us fans were being sold.
No Bonds and Kent didn't win one. They lost to the Angels in 2002. I was just referring to spending money on free agents. That is a little different than we do. I still like their comparison but thinks Royals is the best. Ya those other teams call up stud after stud which is something we have never done or will do any time soon.