• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my bracket thread I ended up taking MN for homefield and the weather, with a touch of the hawks not likely having beast mode. Tough call.

Reasonable arguments. Not sure how much Lynch is going to be missed given they have played their best without him but homefield in the playoffs is always a big advantage.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable arguments. Not sure how much Lynch is going to be missed given they have played their best without him but homefield in the playoffs is always a big advantage.

Especially when windchills are sub zero, but then again I'm not sure how much the Vikes have been playing and practicing in the cold to be prepared in an attempt to have the advantage. I may switch my bracket pick before game time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that conditions that make it difficult to throw will help the Vikings? Well actually I realize I shouldn't use the word think in this context but I would at least hope you would try and come up with a coherent reason for why the Vikings will win.

Bridgewater isn't exactly known for his big arm that can throw through the wind.
Bridgewater has tiny little hands. Small itty bitty hands means less surface area to absorb the cold with. Viks win.

Is that better?

:dhd:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when windchills are sub zero, but then again I'm not sure how much the Vikes have been playing and practicing in the cold to be prepared in an attempt to have the advantage. I may switch my bracket pick before game time.
Think I heard our punter was practicing in a sub zero freezer somewhere in the city this week. :lol:

Neither team has had access to zero temps to practice in. Minn weather has been in the 30's this week. It's a massive drop in temp over today and into tomorrow that they didn't have time to practice in.

It should have some impact on both teams. The wind could be a bit of a problem, but Wilson's bigger hands should make the temp less of a problem than it will be for Bridgewater.

Lynch out doesn't help, but they have still been running well in his absence and they have been scoring at will.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was -4F this morning when I got up. I went out and shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, took out the recycling box and cleaned up a bit in the garage. All in all I was outside for about an hour. It was really cold at first but I very quickly got used to it and with about 10 minutes I was just doing my thing and not really thinking about the cold. I'm guessing the players will go through something similar. The only difference is I had nice heavy mitts and they won't.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my bracket thread I ended up taking MN for homefield and the weather, with a touch of the hawks not likely having beast mode. Tough call.

Yea, I took Minnesota because they run the ball, play good defense, and are at home. Both teams have to play in the cold and I'm sure both teams have guys who will shut it out and others who will succumb to it. We'll see who has the most of the former.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I took Minnesota because they run the ball, play good defense, and are at home. Both teams have to play in the cold and I'm sure both teams have guys who will shut it out and others who will succumb to it. We'll see who has the most of the former.
I think the game could go either way, but...

Seattle has set the bar for running the ball and riding their outstanding defense. A defense that was #1 in the league against the run and already entirely shut down this very same offense that was at full strength once this year.

I do think teams can be flat and the Vikings were out of their typical rhythm in that game. I don't expect they will suck THAT bad in their running game. But I still scratch my head when people pick them because of their defense and running when the numbers suggest this is the very best kind of team for Seattle to face. The teams that give them fits are the big passing teams that can expose their weakness against seam routes.

I'm taking Seattle 17-9 in a low scoring game, but that score could flip if turnovers are a bigger part of the story.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temps continue to fall, we're down to 6.

Too bad we've had such a mild winter, otherwise the Vikes would have had time to "somewhat" acclimate to the weather and would have had an edge in these conditions.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The equipment manager will be the most important player tomorrow. : )

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad we've had such a mild winter, otherwise the Vikes would have had time to "somewhat" acclimate to the weather and would have had an edge in these conditions.
im at work today ... working out in this crap I cant feel my right foot right now

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But according to most of the fans up here they have been playing in these game conditions for a long time. :whistle:

I did think it was funny when I heard our punter was practicing in a sub zero freeze this week, but both teams are out of their elements for this shit no doubt.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im at work today ... working out in this crap I cant feel my right foot right now

I was thinking of taking down Christmas lights today, you just might have changed my mind.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to most of the fans up here they have been playing in these game conditions for a long time. :whistle:

I did think it was funny when I heard our punter was practicing in a sub zero freeze this week, but both teams are out of their elements for this shit no doubt.

We like to live in the past.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest forecast for tomorrow in Minny is a high of 4, sunny, and 8 mph winds. Wickedly cold but maybe not as windy as we thought.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest forecast for tomorrow in Minny is a high of 4, sunny, and 8 mph winds. Wickedly cold but maybe not as windy as we thought.

Won't reach the high until after the game.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took lights off the balcony in under five minutes, minimal loss of feelings in the finger tips.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I heard our punter was practicing in a sub zero freezer somewhere in the city this week. :lol:

Neither team has had access to zero temps to practice in. Minn weather has been in the 30's this week. It's a massive drop in temp over today and into tomorrow that they didn't have time to practice in.

It should have some impact on both teams. The wind could be a bit of a problem, but Wilson's bigger hands should make the temp less of a problem than it will be for Bridgewater.

Lynch out doesn't help, but they have still been running well in his absence and they have been scoring at will.

Might be a wash since both teams will be cheating and using illegal balls once they drop down to about 9lbs due to the Ideal Gas Law.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was off I would be sitting in my nice warm house drinking a couple of millers enjoying the high life

It's the post season, you have to up your beer game to a solid local brew near you.

Now get out there and grab a growler before game time.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seatle needs to win or Carolina will not have to worry about a tough matchup until Arizona.