• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Chargers - Sunday Night

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the year, I had this game pegged in advance as a likely loss. After our first four games, I had it as a 120% for sure, no questions asked loss. And now? Ok, I still think a lot has to go right for us to win this, but at least I no longer have it ranked as a guaranteed loss. This is in part not just due to us having won 2 of the last 3, but also the Chargers less than stellar record to date of 2-4. Granted, three of those defeats have come against some pretty strong, playoff bound teams like the Dolphins, Cowboys, and the Chiefs. But they also lost to a so-so Titans team, which tells us a below average club like ours can't be automatically dismissed.

Now the oddsmakers don't necessarily agree with my assessment, being the line opened up with the Chargers being 8.5 point faves. Not sure where that stands now, but I suspect it's dropped a bit. Betting lines with large spreads tend to shrink as the days roll on. As for home field advantage, we can practically regard this game as playing on a neutral field. Charger fans still reside primarily in the San Diego area and many never bother to make the trip up the 405 freeway to watch their team in person. Now couple this with a huge number of expatriate Chicagoans living in SoCal, then I say don't be shocked if as many as 40% of the crowd will be donned in navy & orange.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not kid ourselves, the Bears can't rely on the same gameplan and expect to walk away with a dub. As the old saying goes, if nothing else, the NFL is a copycat league, and there's little doubt the Chargers will have learned from mistakes of the Raiders gameplan, which was not crowding the box for pretty much the entire game. I'm fully expecting their DC to have his D loaded, at least early on, with 8 men in the box and maybe even at times stacking it with 9. Getsy has to open the playbook for Bagent. Yeah, still play it relatively safe, for example I'd like to see him utilize the TEs more. Only one target this last game and it was to our 3rd stringer, Marcedes Lewis. Kmet and Tonyan have to be more involved aside from just blocking.

But Getsy also has to mix in some downfield pass plays to stretch the field, this is a must. The Chargers will stack the box to slow down the run game, daring Bagent to throw more. We have Moore, who plays fast, yet also have two rockets in Mooney and Scott. Getsy has to utilize these wheels. And yes of course our OL will have to do its job, which is easier said than done when you have bookends Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa terrorizing the group. I'm sure Mack in particular will want to show that the Bears were fools to have traded him. Oh, and don't sleep on DE Morgan Fox, who has 5 sacks to date.

As for the defensive side of the equation, our boyz will have their own set of challenges. The Chargers, like most teams, pass the ball more, but they also do a good job at mixing in the run. So our D has to prepare for a balanced attack. Joshua Kelley is their main RB and he does a fair job at moving the chains. Their top receiver is the always reliable Keenan Allen, who ranks 6th in yardage, even tho the 5 ahead of him have played one extra game. Herbert targets him more than 10 times a game - I see no drop in this average when they face us this week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not kid ourselves, the Bears can't rely on the same gameplan and expect to walk away with a dub. As the old saying goes, if nothing else, the NFL is a copycat league, and there's little doubt the Chargers will have learned from mistakes of the Raiders gameplan, which was not crowding the box for pretty much the entire game. I'm fully expecting their DC to have his D loaded, at least early on, with 8 men in the box and maybe even at times stacking it with 9. Getsy has to open the playbook for Bagent. Yeah, still play it relatively safe, for example I'd like to see him utilize the TEs more. Only one target this last game and it was to our 3rd stringer, Marcedes Lewis. Kmet and Tonyan have to be more involved aside from just blocking.

But Getsy also has to mix in some downfield pass plays to stretch the field, this is a must. The Chargers will stack the box to slow down the run game, daring Bagent to throw more. We have Moore, who plays fast, yet also have two rockets in Mooney and Scott. Getsy has to utilize these wheels. And yes of course our OL will have to do its job, which is easier said than done when you have bookends Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa terrorizing the group. I'm sure Mack in particular will want to show that the Bears were fools to have traded him. Oh, and don't sleep on DE Morgan Fox, who has 5 sacks to date.

As for the defensive side of the equation, our boyz will have their own set of challenges. The Chargers, like most teams, pass the ball more, but they also do a good job at mixing in the run. So our D has to prepare for a balanced attack. Joshua Kelley is their main RB and he does a fair job at moving the chains. Their top receiver is the always reliable Keenan Allen, who ranks 6th in yardage, even tho the 5 ahead of him have played one extra game. Herbert targets him more than 10 times a game - I see no drop in this average when they face us this week.
I think the gameplan will actually need to be similar. Control the clock. Rest the D. Mistake-free, efficient football.

Maybe come out gunning a little to open up the run, but ultimately, they will need to keep Herbert on the sideline. The longer he sits, the better.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to score dome points,should.......
Their def is not all that special,but if our oline can not stop Bosa and Mack(not an easy task),its gonna be a long day........

And this is not a Hoyer led team.......

I think we need to score 30 to have a shot......

That being said,we will win........cause it always goes the opposite of what I say.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the gameplan will actually need to be similar. Control the clock. Rest the D. Mistake-free, efficient football.

Maybe come out gunning a little to open up the run, but ultimately, they will need to keep Herbert on the sideline. The longer he sits, the better.
I did say that Getsy will still need to play it somewhat safe, and this can be accomplished by utilizing our two primary TEs in the passing game. But there is zero doubt Bagent will have to air it out from time to time. I'd be shocked to no end if the Chargers defense doesn't start the game stacking the box.

As for keeping Herbert on the sideline, I couldn't agree more, but always easier said than done. Yes, we have to continue moving the chains, but I'm also hoping our defense will continue the positive trend and play much better football like they have lately.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargets are desperate for a win considering they were suppose to be a playoff team......
Another loss in that division and conference,they may as well as to call it a season......
As to where we are at,we have nothing to lose,throw all the chips in and go for it every week......

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to score dome points,should.......
Their def is not all that special,but if our oline can not stop Bosa and Mack(not an easy task),its gonna be a long day........

And this is not a Hoyer led team.......

I think we need to score 30 to have a shot......

That being said,we will win........cause it always goes the opposite of what I say.
why i never gambled or often picked games.i have always sucked at it.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film is out on Beargent, chargers and every other NFL team will run single safety until he proves he can throw deep. If they can keep getting some 25 yard catches they should do OK. But not only are they the chargers, they are pissed after losses to KC and Dallas. I just hate when the bears are in prime time, it usually does not end good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Base on this article, I'm getting the impression that Bagent will be our starting QB for two more weeks, possibly longer:

On a more positive side of the injury equation:

Doesn't sound like Jones will be starting Sunday night, but might be available should he be needed.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Base on this article, I'm getting the impression that Bagent will be our starting QB for two more weeks, possibly longer:

On a more positive side of the injury equation:

Doesn't sound like Jones will be starting Sunday night, but might be available should he be needed.

More curious about Wright...He was playing with one arm out there Sunday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I don't think we can keep up in this game. I think we cover the spread and stay within a score - but lose. 28-20 or 28-23. Something like that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I don't think we can keep up in this game. I think we cover the spread and stay within a score - but lose. 28-20 or 28-23. Something like that.
As I've previously mentioned, just about everything has to go right for us to take this one. I'm not ruling anything out, as the old cliche goes, you never know what can happen on any given Sunday. But there's a lot of talent on this underachieving Chargers roster, and honestly I'm surprised they're standing at 2-4 at the moment.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More curious about Wright...He was playing with one arm out there Sunday.
You might be onto something:

Whenever I see a midweek practice report and a player has a DNP next to his name and it's not just illness related, it's a cause for concern. If that same DNP appears after tomorrow's practice, then there's a good chance he won't play Sunday night.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whenever I see a midweek practice report and a player has a DNP next to his name and it's not just illness related, it's a cause for concern. If that same DNP appears after tomorrow's practice, then there's a good chance he won't play Sunday night.

So Im guessing LAC has no injuries,because theirs is blank,or they just have not given out the repoort being a couple hours behind us......??

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Im guessing LAC has no injuries,because theirs is blank,or they just have not given out the repoort being a couple hours behind us......??
I'd have to check but my guess is they haven't released the report yet. It's the Thursday report tho that will be more telling.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps just a wee bit of dissension in the Chargers ranks?

Based on the numbers from the Chiefs game, it sounds like the Chargers might play a bit more man-man, altho it's not as if they'll be facing the likes of Mahomes to Kelce. Gotta keep it real.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've previously mentioned, just about everything has to go right for us to take this one. I'm not ruling anything out, as the old cliche goes, you never know what can happen on any given Sunday. But there's a lot of talent on this underachieving Chargers roster, and honestly I'm surprised they're standing at 2-4 at the moment.
The Chargers are very skilled in the art form of handing away football games. No matter who their coach or QB is. It seems this always holds true.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the top end talent on the team (Herbert, Ekeler, Allen, Bosa, Mack, and James) people think they are really good, and they probably should be. But the chargers have had a terrible record practically the whole time Herbert has been there. I think we have a better chance to win than people give us credit for. I know Wright will probably be out, but if Bagent is still getting the ball out quickly and accurately, it will help negate their excellent pass rushers and if you can do that, I think it makes the rest of the defense vulnerable. Wright will be sorely missed in the run game though.