• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZaZa is a piece of shit

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have. They call fouls now when you're in the shooter's space when they're coming down. I don't think they did this in the early 2000's. You open up Pandora's box when you start kicking players out of the game for falling in a shooter's space. If they did that, Aldridge would've found himself out of the game as well in game 1.
They could split the difference and call it a flagrant if you do what ZaZa did... two steps, only one foot forward (not even a real box out)...

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have. They call fouls now when you're in the shooter's space when they're coming down. I don't think they did this in the early 2000's. You open up Pandora's box when you start kicking players out of the game for falling in a shooter's space. If they did that, Aldridge would've found himself out of the game as well in game 1.

Do you remember the Aldridge play ? Watch the replay. Steph Shoot a long 3 -- and falls ahead 3 feet. (not straight up or backward) Aldridge contests at the 3 point line -- plants feet with his hand up -- and Curry falls ahead when he shoots. Again, watch the replay.

Leonards shot was a fall away.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember the Aldridge play ? Watch the replay. Steph Shoot a long 3 -- and falls ahead 3 feet. (not straight up or backward) Aldridge contests at the 3 point line -- plants feet with his hand up -- and Curry falls ahead when he shoots. Again, watch the replay.

Leonards shot was a fall away.

Curry sticks his foot out a bit on landing, which he appears to do quite often. He doesn't fall ahead 3 feet.

Warriors coach compares closeout on Curry to Zaza's on Kawhi

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia knew what he was doing. He gave Kawhi no room to land clearly and everyone knows Kawhi has a bum ankle. Call it dirty, reckless, whatever..

I disagree. From what I saw, Pachulia did what every coach at every level teaches when defending against a jump shot. You contest the shot, move towards the guy who shot it and put your back on him to box him out so he can't go after the rebound. When I coached high school basketball, during pre-season practices, we spent about 10-15 minutes of almost every practice on that.

Pachulia may have been a bit awkward in how he did it (defending at the 3 point line is always awkward for bigs), but it certainly didn't look dirty, intentional or reckless. That exact same play happens several times in every single basketball game at every level.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's kind of how I look at it. Who can blame Pop for being pissed" And with this guy's reputation it's understandable. But put me in the "he's a fat, clumsy, uncoordinated, ugly fucker" camp on this particular play.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't blame Pop for being pissed. The guy not only seems to have a reputation for dirty or at least questionable plays, but it looks like there have been 2 or 3 directly done to Spurs players in the past. If nothing else, Pop's gotta stick up for his guys. Add to that the fact that they lost because the wheels came off right after Kawhi went down and Pop is doubly pissed.

I'm not even completely ruling out the possibility that it was intentional. But if it was, he did a really good job of disguising it as a common basketball play. Draymond could use some lessons on that with his ball kicking. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia knew what he was doing. He gave Kawhi no room to land clearly and everyone knows Kawhi has a bum ankle. Call it dirty, reckless, whatever..
exactly- bottom line- he slid under a guy that was taking a fall away shot. lol.... i mean cmon now.....he moves forward---- and then moves forward again.

if you were trying to get underneath a jump shooter- it would look EXACTLY like what PAchulia did.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he does. Look at his take off point and where his right foot comes down.

Then look at Leonard & ZaZa. Leonard took off well inside of 3 point line, shot a fade away, and his foot came down behind the 3 point line. (roughly 2 feet backward) And Zaza still was able to get his foot below Leonards.

I'm not convinced that ZaZa did it on purpose.

But it is silly to compare ZaZa & the Curry/Aldridge play ... or to suggest that ZaZa doesn't have a history of dirty plays. (including the worst one was vs. Leonard a year ago)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then look at Leonard & ZaZa. Leonard took off well inside of 3 point line, shot a fade away, and his foot came down behind the 3 point line. (roughly 2 feet backward) And Zaza still was able to get his foot below Leonards.

I'm not convinced that ZaZa did it on purpose.

But it is silly to compare ZaZa & the Curry/Aldridge play ... or to suggest that ZaZa doesn't have a history of dirty plays. (including the worst one was vs. Leonard a year ago)
if it looks like a duck, swims luck a duck, quacks like a duck.....its probably a duck.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. From what I saw, Pachulia did what every coach at every level teaches when defending against a jump shot. You contest the shot, move towards the guy who shot it and put your back on him to box him out so he can't go after the rebound. When I coached high school basketball, during pre-season practices, we spent about 10-15 minutes of almost every practice on that.

Pachulia may have been a bit awkward in how he did it (defending at the 3 point line is always awkward for bigs), but it certainly didn't look dirty, intentional or reckless. That exact same play happens several times in every single basketball game at every level.

Im just saying, it looked a bit reckless.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying, it looked a bit reckless.

I can see where that would be the case. It was a big defending at the 3 point line, so it was definitely awkward looking. Reckless and dirty aren't necessarily the same thing though.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop needs to STFU he defended Bowen while he was a Spur and that guy was notorious for spraining ankles. Can't have it both ways.
Great comment, Pops defended Bowen, now Pops is complaining like a bitch.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers are going on & on about how ZaZa's play was dirty.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi ruled out today.