• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZaZa is a piece of shit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, this play happens all the time. Especially when bigs are attempting to close out on smaller shooters.

I am seriously questioning whether any you who are calling this play dirty has ever played competitive basketball before. This things happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt play the ball, didnt play the face, didnt turn around for the rebound. You could say it wasnt on purpose, but im not buying he was running down the court for a fastbreak either. The fucker shouldnt have been that close. Anyway, i hate the spurs and gs, so fuck both of them, but i still wanted to see a good series. I dont foresee Kawhi playing the next game for sure.
the worst part was that he moved forward--- and then for no apparent reason- moved his forward AGAIN right underneath him.

I mean- if you were TRYING to do what Pachulia did- it would have looked exactly like how the play played out.

thats why you sign goons like Pachulia though. Now they get their wide open route to the Finals.....LeBron is the last hope for the NBA.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. The type of play Zaza made happens in literally every single game. This wasn't even as bad as the Kobe / Dahntay Jones play, which also was overblown.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens in basketball. Its easy to roll ankles. . This hurts the Cavs though for sure because Warriors will probably now sweep. This was the Warrior finals because the Spurs have two All Star/Future HOF BIGS that can exploit the GS interior.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how people are so confident one way or the other. Was it intentional? Who knows. Quite possibly.

Its equally feasible to me that it was deliberate and intentional as it is that it was an accident. No, ZaZa doesn't have to be staring at his foot in order to deliberately stick it out. Yes, plays like this do happen innocently. Bottom line - it happened and it sucks for all of baskteball and the league might need to consider increasing the penalty for moving under a shooter.

Also - why is no one mentioning Kawhi's full quote. After he said he didn't think it was dirty, he said "I don't know, I'll have to watch the play". He didn't even see the play... so why are people acting like it matters. All it shows is that Kawhi is a class act who doesn't let emotions get the best of him - which we all already knew.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But you guys are forgetting, never trust a man named ZaZa.

Zaza + retard + shit = Ugly retarded piece of shit.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes just a big guy with big feet who closed out on a shooter in the corner. It happens all the time in basketball. Not sure what there is to argue about here.

Just bad luck and timing for Leonard an the Spurs. I feel their pain being a Knicks/Bulls fans. They have suffered through 10x more injury pains than the Spurs have. ROFLMAO

Injuries cost the Bulls a few finals appearance (and probably a 'ship) over the past 7 years. Injuries to Rose may have cost the Knicks a good playoff run this year. Yea they may not have won it all but I think they would have made the East playoffs a bit interesting.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, this play happens all the time. Especially when bigs are attempting to close out on smaller shooters.

I am seriously questioning whether any you who are calling this play dirty has ever played competitive basketball before. This things happen.

When I came on here, I fully expected a shit storm of Pachulia blame. But I also anticipated this response from you because you know your shit when it comes to basketball. Thank you for keeping it real.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what it is given that I'm clearly biased, but the guy, in my mind, just appears to have absolutely no control out there sometimes. So in order to make up for his clumsy lack of athleticism against the small guys he grabs and pulls and ends up in some dangerous spots because of that.

I knew some people would bring up the Bowen thing and say the Spurs deserve it. No team deserves this to happen to them and Bowen absolutely should have been punished more for consistently over-pursuing players (I'll leave the topic for whether he was doing it "intentional" or not for another day). I agree with people who have stated that everyone who performs this dangerous tactic deserves, in my opinion, to be assessed flagrants until they learn how to stop doing it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zaza meant to hurt Leonard as much as he meant to hurt Durant.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what it is given that I'm clearly biased, but the guy, in my mind, just appears to have absolutely no control out there sometimes. So in order to make up for his clumsy lack of athleticism against the small guys he grabs and pulls and ends up in some dangerous spots because of that.
I knew some people would bring up the Bowen thing and say the Spurs deserve it. No team deserves this to happen to them and Bowen absolutely should have been punished more for consistently over-pursuing players (I'll leave the topic for whether he was doing it "intentional" or not for another day). I agree with people who have stated that everyone who performs this dangerous tactic deserves, in my opinion, to be assessed flagrants until they learn how to stop doing it.

I bet the refs start calling ZaZa for illegal screens in next games -- they will be watching it more closely.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, the guy you think is the GOAT of Coaching knows nothing about competitive basketball?

Lmfao.....sorry, I had to.

Michael C. Wright: Pop’s going in right now. Called it “a totally unnatural closeout.” Said “you wanna know how we feel?”

Michael C. Wright: Gregg Popovich: “Having your horses is important…this is crap. Who gives a damn about his intent? Ever heard of manslaughter?”

– via Twitter mikecwright

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spurs dont deserve it because of Bowen. That shit was so long ago and even as a Laker fan i pay no mind to that argument because its as frivolous as it gets. I can dig up some shit from 40 years ago on anything about anyone and say the same thing. Silly. I know i can be harsh, but its silly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what the player analysts have to say about this. I am sick of media types that know nothing a

Pop knows a lot.

Do you think he might have an agenda behind his comments though? Not exactly a neutral party here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I came on here, I fully expected a shit storm of Pachulia blame. But I also anticipated this response from you because you know your shit when it comes to basketball. Thank you for keeping it real.

Thank you sir!

Respect is definitely mutual. You have always been one of the top NBA posters here.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what the player analysts have to say about this. I am sick of media types that know nothing a

Pop knows a lot.

Do you think he might have an agenda behind his comments though? Not exactly a neutral party here.

Yeah, a coach has to stick up for his players. Otherwise, the players won't want to play for him anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Fuck him.

I am not saying Pachulia isn't dirty. Not making a judgement there. I am saying this was not a dirty play. The best word to describe it is careless.

He is a man playing a game against other men who are far superior to him athletically. I have been in that situation before, and sometimes it can make the inferior athlete look pretty damn spastic. That is Pachulia in a nut shell.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he took Leonard to the ground via his arm. He's dirty as fuck.