• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Smith Accuses Tom Herman of Cheating on his Wife; Still Butthurt about being Called Out

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like Herman does not have many friends at this point on tOSU coaching staff (which wasn't ever filled with angels to begin with [Hi Zach Smith, hi Schiano, et al]) and this is getting petty af. At least, that's what the tea leaves seem to be saying.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s one source quoted. Everyone involved says it’s ridiculous except for one person. One person says he was called the n word. That’s what the entire article is based on. The player says it’s not true. The other names mentioned say it’s not true. Grimes did have comments. He says it’s ridiculous and that he hasn’t spoken to his dad in two years. The university of Florida had to tell McMurphy to leave his family alone.
If Grimes didn’t talk to his dad for 2 years — why did he book a flight last year to Indy and drive to Columbus with Trevon’s former football coach the day after the incident?

Why would he say he not only talked to Trevon, but his ex-wife too, who also said she hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years? How would he have any clue about the altercation if no one talked to him?

McMurphy puts the flight number, the airline he took, where he flew into, the time he arrived, the fact he originally booked it for 3 days later and changed it to two days sooner. All these things can easily be checked if they are true or not. Why would he say he talked to his wife AND Trevon, when phone records are easily able to confirm the calls.

I think by the end of this — the person who did the lying is Trevon Grimes to his dad. The only person who gained anything from this is Trevon. He got out of OSU and was able to transfer closer to home and didn’t have to sit out. The Dad gains nothing from this story being published.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by the end of this — the person who did the lying is Trevon Grimes to his dad. The only person who gained anything from this is Trevon. He got out of OSU and was able to transfer closer to home and didn’t have to sit out. The Dad gains nothing from this story being published.

"What a fucking snowflake"
--Mike Gundy

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Grimes didn’t talk to his dad for 2 years — why did he book a flight last year to Indy and drive to Columbus with Trevon’s former football coach the day after the incident?

Why would he say he not only talked to Trevon, but his ex-wife too, who also said she hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years? How would he have any clue about the altercation if no one talked to him?

McMurphy puts the flight number, the airline he took, where he flew into, the time he arrived, the fact he originally booked it for 3 days later and changed it to two days sooner. All these things can easily be checked if they are true or not. Why would he say he talked to his wife AND Trevon, when phone records are easily able to confirm the calls.

Even if he talked to his dad, what does it matter. The use of the N word didn't happen, whether he told his dad it did or not. He has one source saying it happened, and there are hundreds saying it didn't.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he talked to his dad, what does it matter. The use of the N word didn't happen, whether he told his dad it did or not. He has one source saying it happened, and there are hundreds saying it didn't.

Who’s going to have a better clue of what happened? The person in the situation or the hundreds of people (most of which weren’t near the situation?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one source is the FATHER OF THE PLAYER who had it said to him. That one source trump’s every OSU player as he has absolutely no ties to the program.

He gains absolutely nothing by lying as the story didn’t paint a pretty picture of him to begin with. And if the dad were making up the story, it makes his son look like shit. So did he make up the story to put a target on his son’s back? Or is it more believable the son embellished what happened when he called to tell his dad?

I’d guess option two is much more believable. If it hadn’t happened like the Dad said — what is gained by telling the story?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s going to have a better clue of what happened? The person in the situation or the hundreds of people (most of which weren’t near the situation?

The people involved. And the father is outnumbered. This is just an attempt by Herman and McMurphy to take shots at Ohio State and Zach smith.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people involved. And the father is outnumbered. This is just an attempt by Herman and McMurphy to take shots at Ohio State and Zach smith.

Yes the people/person involved would know more than the “hundreds” of others that are going the other way on this.

An there is no argument with your last statement. Of course McMurphy is doing this to take shots at Ohio State. However if it was said then there needs to be something said about it. But you and I will never know.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one source is the FATHER OF THE PLAYER who had it said to him. That one source trump’s every OSU player as he has absolutely no ties to the program.

He gains absolutely nothing by lying as the story didn’t paint a pretty picture of him to begin with. And if the dad were making up the story, it makes his son look like shit. So did he make up the story to put a target on his son’s back? Or is it more believable the son embellished what happened when he called to tell his dad?

I’d guess option two is much more believable. If it hadn’t happened like the Dad said — what is gained by telling the story?

Option 2 is more believable. But either are possible. Sounds like his son doesn’t have a relationship with him, and telling this story strains it even further. I think the most believable story is Tom Herman told McMurphy there was an altercation and told him to dig into it, the family didn’t talk so he went to the estranged dad and built a story. That’s my opinion. But what we know is the entire article is based on one guys quote without anyone else agreeing to what happened.

Tom Herman leaked info to McMurphy, McMurphy twisted the story, published the story, and went from unemployed to employed.

Now, Tom Herman is likely leaking more info, McMurphy is likely twisting the story, publishing the story, and wanting people to blindly believe him again. This time the article is less professional, less damning, and more personal.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the people/person involved would know more than the “hundreds” of others that are going the other way on this.

An there is no argument with your last statement. Of course McMurphy is doing this to take shots at Ohio State. However if it was said then there needs to be something said about it. But you and I will never know.

Right, you and i will never know. McMurphy will never know. The players and coaches that were there will know. The players who heard what happened would know. The players at Florida would know. But, instead we get one or two people saying one thing happened and nobody else agreeing, and instead saying it’s false.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 2 is more believable. But either are possible. Sounds like his son doesn’t have a relationship with him, and telling this story strains it even further. I think the most believable story is Tom Herman told McMurphy there was an altercation and told him to dig into it, the family didn’t talk so he went to the estranged dad and built a story. That’s my opinion. But what we know is the entire article is based on one guys quote without anyone else agreeing to what happened.

Tom Herman leaked info to McMurphy, McMurphy twisted the story, published the story, and went from unemployed to employed.

Now, Tom Herman is likely leaking more info, McMurphy is likely twisting the story, publishing the story, and wanting people to blindly believe him again. This time the article is less professional, less damning, and more personal.

Tom Herman wasn’t at OSU when the Trevon Grimes altercation happened. So I doubt he had anything to do with it?!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you and i will never know. McMurphy will never know. The players and coaches that were there will know. The players who heard what happened would know. The players at Florida would know. But, instead we get one or two people saying one thing happened and nobody else agreeing, and instead saying it’s false.

One of those one or two people happened to be part of the situation. The players and coaches there may have saw but not heard. Alas we’ll never truly know what happened.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMurphy 's now reporting when Meyer was in middle school he kicked puppies around.

All jokes aside Meyer should have never kept Smith around all these years regardless of his loyalty to mentor Bruce. There's no way he wasn't aware of how much of train wreck ZS was before all this was made public.
Yeah, Meyer knew Smith was a train wreck. He sent Smith to rehab but Smith refused to stay, he knew about the cheating, he knew about the sex toys sent to the office, and he knew about the alleged abuse while they were still in Florida. But for whatever reason, he was willing to look past all that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Meyer knew Smith was a train wreck. He sent Smith to rehab but Smith refused to stay, he knew about the cheating, he knew about the sex toys sent to the office, and he knew about the alleged abuse while they were still in Florida. But for whatever reason, he was willing to look past all that.

Like I said it was Urban's loyalty to his mentor Earl Bruce that clouded his judgement about Smith. That still doesn't excuse Meyer for keeping ZS around all those years. I had no problem w/ him getting suspended. And wouldn't have had a problem if it would have been longer. He got what he deserved for not doing the right thing in the 1st place.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Herman wasn’t at OSU when the Trevon Grimes altercation happened. So I doubt he had anything to do with it?!!

Doesn't mean he didn't have any connections to people there at the time to hear about an altercation

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean he didn't have any connections to people there at the time to hear about an altercation

I’d guess Herman has much bigger fish to fry in Texas than to worry about incidents at OSU. He hasn’t been at OSU in what, 5 years?

Anything is possible I suppose.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

3 months ago: Zach Smith is accused of assaulting his wife.
ATF: THERES NO PROOF, YOUR JUST OUT TO GET OHIO STATE. DONT WORRY ABOUT ALL THE TEXTS AND PICTURES OF HER BEAT UP, ITS NOT TRUE YOU HAVE NO PROOF. IM RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING EVEN WHEN IM PROVEN WRONG.

This week: multiple Ohio State players refuted the story of Trevon Grimes Dad.
ATF: WELP THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. OBVIOSULY OHIO STATE FOOTBALL PLAYERS WOULDNT LIE.

:L
Absolutely retarded. You're the hypocrite here. If you didn't have players (eyewitnesses) refuting it and his own son calling him a liar, things are different. Don't let you blind OSU hatred get in the way of being intelligent, for a change.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those one or two people happened to be part of the situation. The players and coaches there may have saw but not heard. Alas we’ll never truly know what happened.
Actually at least 3-4 players have said they were there and it without question was not said. Not that they didn't hear it, that they did hear what was said and that was not it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d guess Herman has much bigger fish to fry in Texas than to worry about incidents at OSU. He hasn’t been at OSU in what, 5 years?

Anything is possible I suppose.

Then why'd he break the story about Zach Smith this year?