• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Smith Accuses Tom Herman of Cheating on his Wife; Still Butthurt about being Called Out

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still hilarious that people are still trying to say OSU players are going to voluntarily lie about a coach who isn't on the staff anymore because they're on the team when the ones who were witnesses have likely 3 games left in their college careers. Then you have the guys like Tracy Sprinkle who was there last year but is now in the pros and also said the slur was never used.

But OBVIOUSLY, because the convicted felon father was able to spout off airline dates and says his son (who is saying his dad is a liar) told him it was used, it must be true.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still hilarious that people are still trying to say OSU players are going to voluntarily lie about a coach who isn't on the staff anymore because they're on the team when the ones who were witnesses have likely 3 games left in their college careers. Then you have the guys like Tracy Sprinkle who was there last year but is now in the pros and also said the slur was never used.

But OBVIOUSLY, because the convicted felon father was able to spout off airline dates and says his son (who is saying his dad is a liar) told him it was used, it must be true.

Once again — you see how wildly you defend OSU on everything. Now imagine if you were actually part of the program?!?! It is basically a super fan times 100 because they lived for that school and program for 4-5 years.

How you can’t see this is mind blowing to me?!?

The reasonable excuse in all this is — Trevon (the one who said he hasn’t talked to his dad), called him and instead of saying, the coaches were being tough on me and I want to come home. He instead said — the coach called me ‘insert race card here’ and his dad booked a flight out.
Now that his dad made a story out of it — Trevon is screwedand his only out is to say, I don’t even talk to this guy.

My guess is — with a convicted felon for a dad, if he had just said the coaches are tough and I want to come home — his dad would have just said, suck it up buttercup. By bringing in race, as you said yourself, it is a hot button topic — he knew his dad would come get him.

That’s my theory from what is reported thus far. It’d also explain why he is liking all the social media stuff when he has no reason to, as he doesn’t want it to get out that he lied to his dad.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely retarded. You're the hypocrite here. If you didn't have players (eyewitnesses) refuting it and his own son calling him a liar, things are different. Don't let you blind OSU hatred get in the way of being intelligent, for a change.

First, players will back the brand before anything else except themselves. Next this son lied about not talking his dad in two years. I am cautious to take his word for anything. Third I have no blind hatred for OSU. I actually hope ya beat Michigan. But I don’t suck the OSU pecker through thick and thin like you. Stop being a jackass homer and consider both sides for a change.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s going to have a better clue of what happened? The person in the situation or the hundreds of people (most of which weren’t near the situation?
I’m going with the hundreds as there is nothing like mob behavior on social media. You get enough people saying it then it must be true!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually at least 3-4 players have said they were there and it without question was not said. Not that they didn't hear it, that they did hear what was said and that was not it.

Again, that may have well happened. But it’s not unheard of that they are lying to protect the brand. I can see it both ways.

You guys get any snow?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, players will back the brand before anything else except themselves. Next this son lied about not talking his dad in two years. I am cautious to take his word for anything. Third I have no blind hatred for OSU. I actually hope ya beat Michigan. But I don’t suck the OSU pecker through thick and thin like you. Stop being a jackass homer and consider both sides for a change.
Hey fucker — let’s not get crazy here and bring Michigan into this:lol:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fucker — let’s not get crazy here and bring Michigan into this:lol:

Sorry dude, but I feel like a resume with a loss to Purdue is easier to beat than a resume with a loss to ND. Rest easy though, I’m rooting for NW in 2 weeks no matter what. :D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. This story is shit and people from all fanbases are in agreement except those like yourself with an ax to grind against OSU. The story is bullshit and McMurphy deserves to lose his job over it at the very least. Allegations of racism, in case you've been asleep for 20 years, are a pretty huge deal these days, so when you're going to publish an article about it you had better be damn sure you've vetted all proper sources. He didn't have nearly enough info, but since it was an admitted hitpiece and nothing more, he ran with it. OSU made statements saying it never happened. The only "source" saying it did is a felon and his old buddy, and there was zero proof of it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that may have well happened. But it’s not unheard of that they are lying to protect the brand. I can see it both ways.

You guys get any snow?
It's not unheard of? You mean there's been another time when black players, both former and current, have voluntarily lied to defend a shamed former WHITE coach who actually did use a racial slur towards a black athlete?

Yes, and it's ridiculous. I was driving through a snowstorm on I-70 yesterday driving from Cincinnati to Newark and that shit sucked. You?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again — you see how wildly you defend OSU on everything. Now imagine if you were actually part of the program?!?! It is basically a super fan times 100 because they lived for that school and program for 4-5 years.

How you can’t see this is mind blowing to me?!?

The reasonable excuse in all this is — Trevon (the one who said he hasn’t talked to his dad), called him and instead of saying, the coaches were being tough on me and I want to come home. He instead said — the coach called me ‘insert race card here’ and his dad booked a flight out.
Now that his dad made a story out of it — Trevon is screwedand his only out is to say, I don’t even talk to this guy.

My guess is — with a convicted felon for a dad, if he had just said the coaches are tough and I want to come home — his dad would have just said, suck it up buttercup. By bringing in race, as you said yourself, it is a hot button topic — he knew his dad would come get him.

That’s my theory from what is reported thus far. It’d also explain why he is liking all the social media stuff when he has no reason to, as he doesn’t want it to get out that he lied to his dad.
You do know I know you're trolling, right? Nothing you say is going to be considered until you address that Trevon himself is liking everything he can that states the story is bullshit and calls his dad a liar for saying a racist statement was made. By ignoring this, you are admitting to being a troll.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know I know you're trolling, right? Nothing you say is going to be considered until you address that Trevon himself is liking everything he can that states the story is bullshit and calls his dad a liar for saying a racist statement was made. By ignoring this, you are admitting to being a troll.

I literally said in the last paragraph it’d explain why Grimes is liking posts on social media.

The only thing I trolled on is the story in general. I honestly couldn’t care less about it. The more negative publicity on OSU, the better for UM.

Do I believe Smith said that? No. Do I think Grimes said that he did to his dad? Most likely.

It is the only thing that’d make any sense. The Dad literally gains nothing from the story, other than the world finding out he is a convicted felon and his family doesn’t like him. That being said — one of them (the Dad or Trevon) is a bold faced liar. The dad has given out exact information about phone calls, flight info, friends who went with him, etc. All things thy can easily be fact checked by anyone. Trevon has said nothing.

If you ask me — this is what happened. Zach Smith got into it with Grimes. Did he swear? Yeah. Did he use a racial slur? No. Grimes was miserable at OSU and wanted out. He called his Mom, who in turn, called his Dad (remember his dad said both called him). The Dad talks to Trevon, who embellishes the story adding in the racial slur part so Dad will come immediately to get him.

Now that Dad has gone public and it is a huge story — Trevon is covering his ass and saying, I don’t even talk to him.

I think it is a lie by Trevon to his Dad that started this entire mess for OSU. And McMurphy is just waiting for anything negative about OSU to write about. And the funny part is — OSU can’t do anything about it, as I read an article yesterday which stated McMurphy article covered his ass to any litigation because he gave the people’s backgrounds, used quotes from those people and went to OSU for comment and info on text queries, so they can’t do anything to him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally said in the last paragraph it’d explain why Grimes is liking posts on social media.

The only thing I trolled on is the story in general. I honestly couldn’t care less about it. The more negative publicity on OSU, the better for UM.

Do I believe Smith said that? No. Do I think Grimes said that he did to his dad? Most likely.

It is the only thing that’d make any sense. The Dad literally gains nothing from the story, other than the world finding out he is a convicted felon and his family doesn’t like him. That being said — one of them (the Dad or Trevon) is a bold faced liar. The dad has given out exact information about phone calls, flight info, friends who went with him, etc. All things thy can easily be fact checked by anyone. Trevon has said nothing.

If you ask me — this is what happened. Zach Smith got into it with Grimes. Did he swear? Yeah. Did he use a racial slur? No. Grimes was miserable at OSU and wanted out. He called his Mom, who in turn, called his Dad (remember his dad said both called him). The Dad talks to Trevon, who embellishes the story adding in the racial slur part so Dad will come immediately to get him.

Now that Dad has gone public and it is a huge story — Trevon is covering his ass and saying, I don’t even talk to him.

I think it is a lie by Trevon to his Dad that started this entire mess for OSU. And McMurphy is just waiting for anything negative about OSU to write about. And the funny part is — OSU can’t do anything about it, as I read an article yesterday which stated McMurphy article covered his ass to any litigation because he gave the people’s backgrounds, used quotes from those people and went to OSU for comment and info on text queries, so they can’t do anything to him.
It's actually not funny at all. Journalists are supposed to have integrity and he has none. Even as our rival, you should at least have the respect for us to not want to see some hack publishing poorly-researched stories for the one and only reason of having our coach fired. That's pathetic and nothing you say excuses it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually not funny at all. Journalists are supposed to have integrity and he has none. Even as our rival, you should at least have the respect for us to not want to see some hack publishing poorly-researched stories for the one and only reason of having our coach fired. That's pathetic and nothing you say excuses it.

McMurphy went to OSU about this story. OSU is the one who declined to respond and declined to release the text queries. It is right there in the article.

And NO ONE, with the exception of OSU fans, is thinking the father of the player is going to lie to the national media about what his kid told him happened. He’d literally be putting a target in his kids back if he were lying.

That is why I’ve said the most logical reason this happened is — Trevon told his dad an embellished version of what actually happened adding in the racial slur. Now Trevon is trying to get out of it by saying he never talked to his dad and hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years. The problem is — you can see McMurphy researches it because he literally has the airline/flight number/arrival time etc.

So who do you think is lying? The Dad who booked a same day flight the day of the incident or the kid who is saying he hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years?

Do you think it is just a coincidence that the dad would fly out there? On top of that, include Trevon’s former coach too? It’d have to be the most elaborate lie you have ever heard.

As I said though — the only people up in arms over the story are OSU fans and alumni. No one else cares what McMurphy is writing about. I couldn’t tell you another thing he has written other than the Meyer story and this story. What id be worried about is — who is the leak within the walls of the OSU building, because someone is leaking stories to him. You can say it is Herman, but Herman was gone for 3 or 4 years when this altercation happened. So someone is contacting McMurphy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMurphy went to OSU about this story. OSU is the one who declined to respond and declined to release the text queries. It is right there in the article.

And NO ONE, with the exception of OSU fans, is thinking the father of the player is going to lie to the national media about what his kid told him happened. He’d literally be putting a target in his kids back if he were lying.

That is why I’ve said the most logical reason this happened is — Trevon told his dad an embellished version of what actually happened adding in the racial slur. Now Trevon is trying to get out of it by saying he never talked to his dad and hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years. The problem is — you can see McMurphy researches it because he literally has the airline/flight number/arrival time etc.

So who do you think is lying? The Dad who booked a same day flight the day of the incident or the kid who is saying he hasn’t talked to him in 2+ years?

Do you think it is just a coincidence that the dad would fly out there? On top of that, include Trevon’s former coach too? It’d have to be the most elaborate lie you have ever heard.

As I said though — the only people up in arms over the story are OSU fans and alumni. No one else cares what McMurphy is writing about. I couldn’t tell you another thing he has written other than the Meyer story and this story. What id be worried about is — who is the leak within the walls of the OSU building, because someone is leaking stories to him. You can say it is Herman, but Herman was gone for 3 or 4 years when this altercation happened. So someone is contacting McMurphy.
You didn't read the article. Gene Smith, Zach Smith, and an OSU representative all responded and vehemently denied that any racial slur was used 2 weeks ago, well before the article was run.

Your hero McMurphy sided with the felon and ran the story, knowing the immense damage it would do to OSU because he's got no integrity and admitted he only ran it because he wants Urban to be fired, not to mention the immense damage it's now done to the Grimes family who clearly didn't want anything to do with the article. He's a pile of shit with absolutely no integrity, you know it. Anything to the contrary is trolling, plain and simple. I'm far from the only one to have this stance.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't read the article. Gene Smith, Zach Smith, and an OSU representative all responded and vehemently denied that any racial slur was used 2 weeks ago, well before the article was run.

Your hero McMurphy sided with the felon and ran the story, knowing the immense damage it would do to OSU because he's got no integrity and admitted he only ran it because he wants Urban to be fired, not to mention the immense damage it's now done to the Grimes family who clearly didn't want anything to do with the article. He's a pile of shit with absolutely no integrity, you know it. Anything to the contrary is trolling, plain and simple. I'm far from the only one to have this stance.

He isn’t my hero. I had no clue who the guy even was up until the OSU stories. I did t even know Stadium was an actual company until this week.

That being said — someone is still leaking info to McMurphy. And while Herman can be the scapegoat for the Zach Smith story. He was gone for 3-4 years before this one happened. So SOMEONE at OSU is talking to McMurphy.

Also I’m curious of your thoughts on my theory?!? Wouldn’t it make much more sense that Trevon embellished the story to the Dad? That seems to be the only thing that’d make any sense if it definitely didn’t happen?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t my hero. I had no clue who the guy even was up until the OSU stories. I did t even know Stadium was an actual company until this week.

That being said — someone is still leaking info to McMurphy. And while Herman can be the scapegoat for the Zach Smith story. He was gone for 3-4 years before this one happened. So SOMEONE at OSU is talking to McMurphy.

Also I’m curious of your thoughts on my theory?!? Wouldn’t it make much more sense that Trevon embellished the story to the Dad? That seems to be the only thing that’d make any sense if it definitely didn’t happen?
How do you know this is coming from OSU? Seems to me that it came directly from the dad, not from OSU. At any rate, it's scum-level reporting being done by McMurphy with an obvious personal agenda, which at its core is the reason I say he has no integrity. No professional journalist can say they write for the sole purpose to personally attack someone and call themselves legit.

I honestly have no problem with that theory, however anyone with any semblance of decency should know something obviously isn't fully on the level with the dad's story, so you can't run this story until all of the facts are straight. I was dead serious when I said if this was happening at any other university, my stance would be the same. I hate the media enough these days with their clickbait bullshit, but this guy takes the cake by a mile.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know this is coming from OSU? Seems to me that it came directly from the dad, not from OSU. At any rate, it's scum-level reporting being done by McMurphy with an obvious personal agenda, which at its core is the reason I say he has no integrity. No professional journalist can say they write for the sole purpose to personally attack someone and call themselves legit.

I honestly have no problem with that theory, however anyone with any semblance of decency should know something obviously isn't fully on the level with the dad's story, so you can't run this story until all of the facts are straight. I was dead serious when I said if this was happening at any other university, my stance would be the same. I hate the media enough these days with their clickbait bullshit, but this guy takes the cake by a mile.

Someone had to tip him off to the story and the father.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. This story is shit and people from all fanbases are in agreement except those like yourself with an ax to grind against OSU. The story is bullshit and McMurphy deserves to lose his job over it at the very least. Allegations of racism, in case you've been asleep for 20 years, are a pretty huge deal these days, so when you're going to publish an article about it you had better be damn sure you've vetted all proper sources. He didn't have nearly enough info, but since it was an admitted hitpiece and nothing more, he ran with it. OSU made statements saying it never happened. The only "source" saying it did is a felon and his old buddy, and there was zero proof of it.

An axe to grind with OSU? Please explain.

Also you had no problem believing Zach Smith yet Grimes dad is a no go? Pathetic

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unheard of? You mean there's been another time when black players, both former and current, have voluntarily lied to defend a shamed former WHITE coach who actually did use a racial slur towards a black athlete?

Yes, and it's ridiculous. I was driving through a snowstorm on I-70 yesterday driving from Cincinnati to Newark and that shit sucked. You?

Are you under the impression any color player wouldn’t protect a brand? Because that could be a plausible excuse for these guys to say this. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening, I’m saying it’s a possibility.

I was stuck for over 2 Hours on I-83 after my boss could say get off the road. We got about 5inches. It was an absolute horrid day because to top it all off one my best friend coworkers died of cardiac arrest shoveling snow. It’s a real danger. Stay safe.